ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Economics Missouri on Right To Farm Bill (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285440)

gblowfish 08-03-2014 09:54 AM

Missouri on Right To Farm Bill
 
Interesting vote coming up on this one. For the Missourians, where do you stand on this one? You can read about it here: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/03/us...tion.html?_r=0

HonestChieffan 08-03-2014 09:56 AM

100% in favor

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-03-2014 09:58 AM

It can get ****ed.

GloryDayz 08-03-2014 10:11 AM

It's needed I think. The last thing we need is PETA running the show (or anything).

Prison Bitch 08-03-2014 10:26 AM

"he (Nixon) also believes that changing the Constitution of our state should be done sparingly, thoughtfully and only when there is a demonstrated need to do so.”



That little rat-f**k wants to change it for gay marriage though.

HonestChieffan 08-03-2014 10:26 AM

On August 5, voters in Missouri’s primary election will be asked to consider Amendment 1, otherwise known as the Farming Rights Amendment. The ballot question for Amendment 1 reads:

"Shall the Missouri Constitution be amended to ensure that the right of Missouri citizens to engage in agricultural production and ranching practices shall not be infringed?"
In an a desperate attempt to keep the door open for future regulation, outside interest groups are spending thousands of dollars to spread myths and misinformation about Right to Farm in Missouri.

Here are a few of the false claims Missourians have heard over the past couple of weeks:

FALSE CLAIM #1: Passing Right to Farm would hurt family farmers.

FACT: Many of the sponsors of the “Right to Farm” measure are family farmers who have seen firsthand the growing threat of undue regulation from out-of-state lobbying groups. Amendment 1 is designed to protect Missouri’s rich tradition of agriculture. This proposal was written by family farmers for family farmers.



FALSE CLAIM #2: Amendment 1 was designed by Monsanto to grant the corporation more power and flexibility.

FACT: Farmers from all corners of the state came to the table to draft legislation for the Farming Rights Amendment. This proposal is about protecting Missouri’s farmers and ranchers, not corporate greed. In fact, Monsanto has chosen to stay neutral on Amendment 1 by opting out of lobbying and campaign efforts.

FALSE CLAIM #3: Right to Farm would allow for more foreign ownership of Missouri land.



FACT: Missouri already has a law in place that limits foreign ownership of farmland in the state to a marginal 1%. In no way would Amendment 1 change or repeal that law. The above misleading ad was paid for by a Washington, D.C. based lobbying group whose leaders have made it their goal to eliminate all animal agriculture.

SOURCE OF CONFUSION: HSUS is paying large amounts of money to air factually inaccurate ads in an attempt to turn Missouri against its most important industry. Mike Deering, Vice President of the Missouri Cattlemen’s Association, exposed this tactic in an Op-Ed he wrote for the Missouri Times:

"Vice President of Outreach and Engagement for the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) Joe Maxwell and his sidekicks packed a lot of misleading information, topped with outright lies into a “confusion grenade” and threw it out in the middle of a crowd and watched as innocent Missourians are caught up in a web of intentional head scratching."
THE TRUTH: Amendment 1 is a preemptive solution to the growing threat of farm-killing regulation crafted by out-of-state interests. State Auditor Tom Schweich explained why he supports Right to Farm in a press release earlier this month:

"The Right to Farm amendment gives the necessary constitutional protection to Missouri farmers and ranchers to ensure they will have the needed tools to fight back against future laws that could negatively affect their ability to farm."

HonestChieffan 08-03-2014 10:32 AM

The other interesting one is the sales tax increase for funding for MoDot


No idea how that will go...

GloryDayz 08-03-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 10791342)
The other interesting one is the sales tax increase for funding for MoDot


No idea how that will go...

Welp, it's not like you can drive a mile without orange cones anymore. That being said, if I could feel sure Nixon won't ass-**** the money that comes in for this and use it for something else, I'd be all for it. But I know democrats, they lie like no human ever has, so I doubt it'll really get used for roads - it'll somehow get diverted for pools in the hood and 53" flat-screens for anybody who will vote for any mother****ing useless liberal.

HonestChieffan 08-03-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10791359)
Welp, it's not like you can drive a mile without orange cones anymore. That being said, if I could feel sure Nixon won't ass-**** the money that comes in for this and use it for something else, I'd be all for it. But I know democrats, they lie like no human ever has, so I doubt it'll really get used for roads - it'll somehow get diverted for pools in the hood and 53" flat-screens for anybody who will vote for any mother****ing useless liberal.


Nixon is hard to read. He actually seems to be a democrat with a brain. Then about the time you feel he is ok he does some stupid move that makes you wonder.

I know they need the $$ for roads but a sales tax gives the semi truck business a pass once again. The weights they allow now are a function of the truck lobby and they tear the hell out of our roads. But the tax on semis has not kept up. If the Trucks paid their share Id be more inclined to look to a tax to take care of roads.

The other part that is bad in this proposal is funding that dumb ass Kansas City Street car deal....what a joke. They can pay for that themselves.

GloryDayz 08-03-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 10791381)
Nixon is hard to read. He actually seems to be a democrat with a brain. Then about the time you feel he is ok he does some stupid move that makes you wonder.

I know they need the $$ for roads but a sales tax gives the semi truck business a pass once again. The weights they allow now are a function of the truck lobby and they tear the hell out of our roads. But the tax on semis has not kept up. If the Trucks paid their share Id be more inclined to look to a tax to take care of roads.

The other part that is bad in this proposal is funding that dumb ass Kansas City Street car deal....what a joke. They can pay for that themselves.

I tend to agree with KC's useless Street Car and light rail deals. Both are going to be used so sparingly that thye'll be useless. Now, scrap that stupid Street Car deal and move forward with the light rail to areas where it's useful (the burbs!!), and you might sell me. But what I've seen so far is just an upgrade to the bus system. Granted, I'm in the burbs, I've used the bus, but those few spurs they make to the burbs are an aberration meant to allow for a "yes we do" argument. LOL, right! Anyway, create what they've done in D.C., and you'll sell me. Until then, they'll keep wasting coin.

HonestChieffan 08-03-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10791401)
I tend to agree with KC's useless Street Car and light rail deals. Both are going to be used so sparingly that thye'll be useless. Now, scrap that stupid Street Car deal and move forward with the light rail to areas where it's useful (the burbs!!), and you might sell me. But what I've seen so far is just an upgrade to the bus system. Granted, I'm in the burbs, I've used the bus, but those few spurs they make to the burbs are an aberration meant to allow for a "yes we do" argument. LOL, right! Anyway, create what they've done in D.C., and you'll sell me. Until then, they'll keep wasting coin.


You aint seen nothing till they start ****ing up KCI. That nothing but a cash grab by Sly and his crooked crony buddies in the construction business. KC is a shithole of corrupt urban politics just like StL.

Buehler445 08-03-2014 12:01 PM

I hadn't heard of this. But I would hope Kansas has something similar in the works.

HonestChieffan 08-03-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10791494)
I hadn't heard of this. But I would hope Kansas has something similar in the works.


http://mofarmerscare.com


I think most states will move forward. All 50 have laws that prohibit nuisance lawsuits but the continuing efforts of the Human Society and PETA and their fellow wack jobs is making this a real deal.

HonestChieffan 08-03-2014 12:22 PM

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...cle796186.html


Humane Society is into this to stop it to the tune of $375 Grand.

And people think they spay puppies and run shelters.

Buehler445 08-03-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 10791516)
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...cle796186.html


Humane Society is into this to stop it to the tune of $375 Grand.

And people think they spay puppies and run shelters.

Keep those ****ers out of Kansas.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.