ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs New-Look Chiefs Turning Attention to NFL Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268935)

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefLongDong (Post 9322503)
Would the Raiders take Geno Smith as a shout out to Al Davis? I want no part of 5. He was exposed in the title game.

The Te'o hype train died quickly!!!

HemiEd 01-15-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9322480)
I think its a mistake to try and compare Dorsey to *****, but I know several CPers are going to say, Dorsey= *****, if he doesn't draft Smith first. Dorsey isn't *****. ***** was in the right place at the right time to get some of the credit for the Pats success, but was never relied upon. Dorsey has been THE person making the draft board in GB, he was much more important to his team than ***** was.

I must have not been clear on what I meant Messier.

I was talking about me as a fan, giving a pass to Pioli when he drafted Tyson Jackson at 3, and spent the Tony G pick from the Falcons on Arenas after taking McCluster.

Many on here were pissed, and I was dumbfounded, but dismissed it as he knows more about it than I do, as did several others.

I am sure the threads can be located, but many of us commented to the drafturbators that Pioli knew more than they did. I have to own that.

I really don't give a shit what Dorsey's record is this time, if he doesn't take a QB at 1, I am going to be damn pissed.

Mecca 01-15-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322502)
Anybody have any thoughts on Warmak? He's the consensus #1 player in the draft. Obviously not at 1, but Reid loves his fat boys and he would look good pulling for Charles.

He's a guard...for as nice a guard prospect as he is, he's still a guard which is probably the least valuable starting position on a team. Guards get drafted in mid rounds some team will take him first but it's basically a value waste in a lot of ways.

For every Ben Grubbs there's a Carl Nicks or Jahri Evans who are just as good if not better that were taken several rounds later.

ChiefLongDong 01-15-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322510)
The Te'o hype train died quickly!!!

As quick as ND title hopes. Who has been good out of ND the past 10 years or so?

Mecca 01-15-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322509)
Hardly, one can say that Geno hurt himself a bit in that game, while Nassib stayed in the same 1st/2nd round fringe type prospect.

Nassib isn't getting hype for his film, his team basically had to make him a game manager to win. He's getting hype because of his size and arm, he's moving for physical reasons not game reasons. I wouldn't touch him but some dumbass will.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9322514)
He's a guard...for as nice a guard prospect as he is, he's still a guard which is probably the least valuable starting position on a team. Guards get drafted in mid rounds some team will take him first but it's basically a value waste in a lot of ways.

For every Ben Grubbs there's a Carl Nicks or Jahri Evans who are just as good if not better that were taken several rounds later.

True but he's got the nasty and I think is a valid option to trade back for...not saying it should or will happen. Dion Jordan is another interesting name to bookend with Tambi

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9322523)
Nassib isn't getting hype for his film, his team basically had to make him a game manager to win. He's getting hype because of his size and arm, he's moving for physical reasons not game reasons. I wouldn't touch him but some dumbass will.

This is why these places exist...for people to tell their opinion

Mecca 01-15-2013 09:16 PM

If this team drafted a OLb with it's first pick it means Tamba Hali is getting cut...he's the past 30 guy with the big contract, Houston is cheap and productive.

Chris Meck 01-15-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322498)
Newton sucks...he had 6 good games his rookie year and completely sucked this year. RGIII was an amazing prospect because of his intelligence on top of his intangibles. It's a shame he's rotting in Wash with a coach who's gonna run him till the wheels fall off.

I would slow down on the Luck to Geno comparisons. Luck is a once in a generation type prospect. Geno is a guy who would normally go in the late teens/early 20's if this was a decent draft class at the top.

Geno is good, but not you know this guy is gonna be elite and you're willing to risk the next 4 or 5 years trying to develop the guy.
I think a lot of it boils down to how short the leash on Reid is.

I know, but WHY? What I'm saying is that a big part of the 'can't miss' label on Luck was his pedigree, right? Dad was a NFL QB and coach or whatever, smart kid, played at Stanford for Harbaugh in a pro style offense, etc. When you watch him play, there's certainly nothing that looks lacking.
What I'm saying is this: The things the Geno naysayers are saying ARE NOT THERE ON THE SCREEN. I don't know what they're talking about. I watch him clearly go through his reads, he doesn't turn the ball over, he's smooth in the pocket under pressure. The so-called negatives are NOT there. Stat-wise, he's right up there with Luck's senior season. If someone's got some real issues with the kid, I'd be interested. What I'm hearing is a bunch of crap though based on watching this game video. By all accounts, he's a hard worker, a student of the game, etc. He's played well in a pro style offense AND a spread.
I keep hearing that he's NOT worth the #1, but the reasons people give are NOT ON THE VIDEO.

Saccopoo 01-15-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322498)
I would slow down on the Luck to Geno comparisons. Luck is a once in a generation type prospect. Geno is a guy who would normally go in the late teens/early 20's if this was a decent draft class at the top.

Geno is good, but not you know this guy is gonna be elite and you're willing to risk the next 4 or 5 years trying to develop the guy.
I think a lot of it boils down to how short the leash on Reid is.

So, tell me, where would you have put Geno in terms of getting drafted in the last, say, eight years of the draft? Since 2006 to this draft, the 2013, where would you put Geno?

The Herm and Pioli years.

Mecca 01-15-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322531)
This is why these places exist...for people to tell their opinion

Ok for example, Nassib has positive hype and Matt Barkley has negative hype. Nassib is bigger with a stronger arm but no person in their right mind can tell me that Nassib was a better football player than Matt Barkley at any point in their college careers.

Chris Meck 01-15-2013 09:19 PM

I should add that I watched a few of the complete game Youtube videos with all of the offensive snaps. So, it's a little more of a sample than a highlight reel. I'm still not seeing the 'low football IQ', or the 'doesn't read defenses' crap.

splatbass 01-15-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322200)
I could be wrong about him, he could be the next Joe Montana...but I don't like him at #1 overall. Trade back a few spots and gather some more ammo and I wouldn't be opposed. If somebody jumps and takes, oh well. Wouldn't you rather be on the suck for Bridgewater band wagon next year? Especially with Clowney coming out and will almost def go #1 overall?

You want to lose again next year? How many years do you think we should suck?

ChiefPassesALot 01-15-2013 09:20 PM

Doesn't have the arm strength

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9322540)
Ok for example, Nassib has positive hype and Matt Barkley has negative hype. Nassib is bigger with a stronger arm but no person in their right mind can tell me that Nassib was a better football player than Matt Barkley at any point in their college careers.

Being a better college football player does not equate to being a better NFL player. You're kinda comparing apples and oranges. Barkley is playing with elite talent around him, while Nassib played with a 3rd or 4th round WR and a 2nd round OT.
Colin Klein had a better year than both, that doesn't mean he's an NFL prospect.
Barkley is nothing but a game manager, we've already got a Barkley on the team.