ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs notebook: Quinn still not cleared to play (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266215)

Tribal Warfare 11-05-2012 06:57 PM

Chiefs notebook: Quinn still not cleared to play

Chiefs notebook: Quinn still not cleared to play
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
The Chiefs still don’t have a starting quarterback for Monday’s game against the Steelers. Brady Quinn has yet to be cleared by doctors after suffering a possible concussion against the Raiders on Oct. 28, and until he is, the job belongs to Matt Cassel.

But Quinn could be cleared this week in time for him to prepare to play against the Steelers. Coach Romeo Crennel said he would make a decision between Quinn and Cassel as the starter if Quinn gets the OK to play.

Cassel was the quarterback in practice on Monday. Quinn did some throwing during individual drills but didn’t participate when the Chiefs went to full team work.

Smith returns

Defensive lineman Shaun Smith had one of the best seasons of his nine-year NFL career in 2010 with the Chiefs so, out of football this year, he had been pestering Romeo Crennel to sign him during their regular conversations.

The Chiefs finally did sign Smith to a one-year contract Monday.

“I’m off the couch now,” Smith said. “I get to play some football. I don’t have to watch it anymore. It’s good to come back to a place where everybody wanted me to come back to.”

Smith might play against the Steelers because Glenn Dorsey was on crutches Monday.

“He’s played in the system before,” Crennel said. “He’s been on a couple other teams. The depth on the defensive front, particularly with Dorsey’s situation, I think that helps us. He’s a big body, a big strong, physical guy. He’s seen a lot and he understands our system and what I want, what I’m looking for. I think he might be able to help us.”

Smith said he would be ready to play by Monday

“I was rusty a little bit but it felt good to be out there with the guys,” Smith said. “I was signed to do a job, to help out and also be a leader. I think I’m the oldest guy on the team now. I’ll just try to provide some leadership and just help some of these young guys and help turn things around these last eight games.”

Injury update

The Chiefs don’t have to issue an injury report until later in the week. But they practiced Monday and Dorsey (calf) was the only player who did no work.

Quinn, running back Jamaal Charles (neck), cornerback Javier Arenas (head), guard Jeff Allen (head), wide receiver Terrance Copper (calf) and running back Nate Eachus (head) were limited in practice.

Hammock Parties 11-05-2012 07:01 PM

Good.

I want to see LeBeau place his big HOF defensive coordinator Dick in Cassel's butt and make him bleed out.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-05-2012 07:02 PM

I bet he'll play balls out !

Sorter 11-05-2012 07:02 PM

Lol at the chiefs new starting RCB out with a concussion. Who in the **** is going to start, Daniels? Brown?

Bewbies 11-05-2012 07:04 PM

Didn't Charles get a concussion?

Sorter 11-05-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9088039)
Didn't Charles get a concussion?

Neck injury.

Molitoth 11-05-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9088025)
Good.

I want to see LeBeau place his big HOF defensive coordinator Dick in Cassel's butt and make him bleed out.

LMAO

Garcia Bronco 11-05-2012 07:06 PM

this should be the end of Quinn's career.

chop 11-05-2012 07:06 PM

What about Stanzi? I am not a Stanzi supporter but I would like to see him start a few games to see if he may be able to turn into, at least, a decent backup.

rabblerouser 11-05-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop (Post 9088051)
What about Stanzi? I am not a Stanzi supporter but I would like to see him start a few games to see if he may be able to turn into, at least, a decent backup.

No.

It has to be Cassel.

It's only fitting.

Brodie Quinn didn't do anything to deserve this.

Did I type 'Brodie Quinn'??? Such a Freudian slip...

I meant Brady Croyle. Brady Croyle didn't do anything to deserve to be fed to the wolves.

Matt Cassel is such a good teammate, team captain and all...let him be the sacrificial lamb for the bloodletting.

It's FATE. It HAS to be him.

bowener 11-05-2012 07:38 PM

I wish Haley knew we were all secretly pulling for him.

Rooster 11-05-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9088175)

He would just flip us off. :evil:

rabblerouser 11-05-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9088175)

I think he probably does.

rabblerouser 11-05-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 9088186)
He would just flip us off. :evil:

That's part of why I'm a Haley nutswinger.

Ace Gunner 11-05-2012 08:01 PM

Shaun "Ballsack" Smith; the pecker who stood in the way of the Chiefs' drafting Geno.