ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Fisher to play at Right tackle (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272735)

AussieChiefsFan 05-02-2013 09:03 PM

Eric Fisher to play at Right tackle

On my phone so just the link tor now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...isher-at-right

Fritz88 05-02-2013 09:08 PM

Okay.

Meltdown to commence.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bump 05-02-2013 09:09 PM

Alex Smith has zero excuse to not hit a 3200 yd and 19 TD season, which would be an all time high for him.

Dayze 05-02-2013 09:09 PM

that

Buck 05-02-2013 09:09 PM

Who cares? You still got arguably the best player in the draft.

DaFace 05-02-2013 09:10 PM

1. That's the same quote that's been posted for quite a while
2. The article clearly insinuates we're still trying to trade him rather than "Fisher to play RT"

Deberg_1990 05-02-2013 09:12 PM

Awesome. Our line will rape fools this season.

LoneWolf 05-02-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9654030)
Awesome. Our line will rape fools this season.

Talk about opening up large holes.

Bump 05-02-2013 09:16 PM

I am excited to see what JC can do with this line and if Alex Smith can just be a competent game manager, it would be better than slop shit QB play I guess. But did Alex Smith bring his Harbaugh game to KC? Not that it was all that impressive, but that's our only hope and a lights out defense will have to carry.

Tombstone RJ 05-02-2013 09:17 PM

everyone knows fat Albert ain't moving, he said so. So here's what I think will happen: Albert will play LT and Fisher RT, this coming season. Then Albert will be released and Fisher will slide to LT. Then, you all will just have to find a good RT which isn't nearly as hard as finding a franchise LT.

But don't kid yourself, fat albert ain't never playing any other position than LT. He's smart enough to know that this is where the money is at.

Fish 05-02-2013 09:18 PM

I heard Dorsey's interview this afternoon on the way home. At one point KK asked him if any offers were still out and whether they were still trying to trade him, Dorsey said "Well, my phone hasn't rang for 3 days." KK said "And you haven't been calling out?" Dorsey said "No, he's not making any calls out."

But the way he said it made it sound like they were still willing, but nobody was interested.

I think they're trying to make evident that Albert's demands were too high, the offers were way too low, but they're happy to keep him. Makes me hope Albert will better realize his worth and sign a deal..

TrebMaxx 05-02-2013 09:23 PM

We need a left handed QB.

philfree 05-02-2013 09:24 PM

Albert is locked into LT until he signs a long term deal. After that I believe he's a team player and he'll play G if that's what Reid wants.

wazu 05-02-2013 09:24 PM

This is awesome news. I hope Fisher can develop into being as good an RT as Winston. Give him a couple of years and I think he might even be a little bit better. This just rules. Take that, Mannning/Welker.

Sorter 05-02-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9654062)
This is awesome news. I hope Fisher can develop into being as good an RT as Winston. Give him a couple of years and I think he might even be a little bit better. This just rules. Take that, Mannning/Welker.

This.

TomBarndtsTwin 05-02-2013 09:26 PM

Wouldn't be all that surprising if Reid wanted to keep both . . . .

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo..._ap/?mobile=no

Hammock Parties 05-02-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9654024)
Who cares? You still got arguably the best player in the draft.

Doubt it.

I bet there will be at least 10 players in that first round that have more impact on their football teams.

Tombstone RJ 05-02-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9654060)
Albert is locked into LT until he signs a long term deal. After that I believe he's a team player and he'll play G if that's what Reid wants.

but isn't that the issue, the money? If the two sides can't agree on a new contract, what happens next season, do they franchise him again?

Setsuna 05-02-2013 09:27 PM

I'll never be ok with that pick.

Rasputin 05-02-2013 09:31 PM

Good for Brandon Albert to stick to his guns :thumb:

I don't blame him one bit for not wanting to take a step back in his career and play RT. Good for you Brandon.

Brock 05-02-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

If all he is is winston, we got ****ed.

philfree 05-02-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9654071)
but isn't that the issue, the money? If the two sides can't agree on a new contract, what happens next season, do they franchise him again?

I think he'll sign a new contract and that's why I expressed what I did. If he doesn't then he's a LT. Isn't that what I said? Ummm..yes! What was your point?

Rasputin 05-02-2013 09:35 PM

No excuses this year to win 8 to 10 games and true fans be happy.

Next year no excuses not to draft a QB with our mid first round pick and the rest of us can be happy too.

No excuses.

WhiteWhale 05-02-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

I would hope he can be better than Winston.

Winston was a solid player, but not a great player. At 1.1 I'd expect him to become the best RT in the NFL.

Demonpenz 05-02-2013 09:43 PM

This draft sucked so bad that I don't expect much out of this dude.

BossChief 05-02-2013 09:46 PM

There are going to be some epic matchups with Eric Fisher and Von Miller.

Cannibal 05-02-2013 09:46 PM

He's going to be dominant.

Mr. Laz 05-02-2013 09:47 PM

albert at left or right
Fisher at right or left

same 5 guys so who cares

I take that back ... 99% of the people that care are still just crying about an OT at 1.1.

article also says 'penciled in' which means if Fisher dominates then they can make the switch.

saying Albert at LT just keeps the waters smooth for awhile

AussieChiefsFan 05-02-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9654021)
Alex Smith has zero excuse to not hit a 3200 yd and 19 TD season, which would be an all time high for him.

This. With 2 good (to start )tackles there's really no excuse

Cannibal 05-02-2013 09:48 PM

I want Albert moved to make room for Fisher at LT. The team does as well. Sign him and move his ass.

Hammock Parties 05-02-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9654127)
I want Albert moved to make room for Fisher at LT. The team does as well. Sign him and move his ass.

We're trying to win now, bitch.

Albert stays at LT.

Mr. Laz 05-02-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9654127)

just being stubborn and stilly

Albert has been an NFL left tackles for years ... he should be better right now

philfree 05-02-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9654123)
albert at left or right
Fisher at right or left

same 5 guys so who cares

I take that back ... 99% of the people that care are still just crying about an OT at 1.1.

article also says 'penciled in' which means if Fisher dominates then they can make the switch.

saying Albert at LT just keeps the waters smooth for awhile

That's what I meant. Albert's LT until he signs.

Cannibal 05-02-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9654134)
We're trying to win now, bitch.

Albert stays at LT.

Albert is moving. Soon as he signs, he's moving. Or else he plays this year and they let him walk.

Bitch :p

Mr. Laz 05-02-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9654136)
That's what I meant. Albert's LT until he signs.

well i don't think they will bait him and then immediately switch them

but Albert will be the left tackle at the start of camp then everything is a competition.

Maybe Albert wins, Maybe Fisher wins ... either way Albert has his shot to prove he's best.

Mr. Laz 05-02-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9654145)
Albert is moving. Soon as he signs, he's moving. Or else he plays this year and they let walk.

Bitch :p

You've never been in charge of anything, have you?

BossChief 05-02-2013 09:55 PM

Or maybe the Chiefs are like "take our offer of a long term deal 5/40 and we will play you at left tackle. If you are only staying one year and leaving, off to guard you go."

Dave Lane 05-02-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

No shit we will totally rule the world with two tackles on board. I was really worried that only having 4 men on the OL would hurt us. Now that we have a RT we will win Woot!!!

Then when Charles gets hurt we have a backup with a broken foot. This draft kicked all kinds of ass.

philfree 05-02-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9654146)
well i don't think they will bait him and then immediately switch them

but Albert will be the left tackle at the start of camp then everything is a competition.

Maybe Albert wins, Maybe Fisher wins ... either way Albert has his shot to prove he's best.

I think that the most of the "I'm a LT" thing is about the money. Once he gets his money then he'll be easier about playing RT/LG.

Cannibal 05-02-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9654149)
You've never been in charge of anything, have you?

Fisher will prove to be the better player very quickly.

Hammock Parties 05-02-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9654146)

They are not holding an open competition at LT you stupid shit.

No one does that. It's completely non conducive to a productive line to **** with two guys during camp.

Dave Lane 05-02-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9654159)

Why?

Mr. Laz 05-02-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9654159)

then there isn't anything to worry about, so why not play nice and avoid the drama

Cannibal 05-02-2013 10:10 PM

I want keep them both as well. I just think Fisher has a chance at a butt load of pro bowl years, or even potentially, all pro according to the analysis.

I'd like to see a potentially great career started at the correct position.

Simply Red 05-02-2013 10:16 PM

he best just get ready to play and stop all of this glitz and glamour, YOU HAVE WORK TO DO SON!!!! GET OFF OF YOUR ASS PUNK FISHER - let's get these six wins..!!!!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-02-2013 10:19 PM

Well I understand why we didnt draft Joeckel now. He's too good to play on the right

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-02-2013 10:22 PM

It's a far better alternative than trading Albert and moving Fisher over there.

As stupid as spending 1.1 on an RT is, it's a better alternative than spending it on a replacement and hoping to gain a 2nd out of it.

(This assumes that Albert finishes his career here, which is also unlikely).

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-02-2013 10:32 PM

That's right bitches; Big Al calls the goddamned shots on this line, and don't you forget it.
Posted via Mobile Device

RINGLEADER 05-02-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9654194)
I want keep them both as well. I just think Fisher has a chance at a butt load of pro bowl years, or even potentially, all pro according to the analysis.

I agree 100%.

Let Branden play RT or LG.

Fritz88 05-02-2013 10:42 PM

It seems that we're acting like Fisher is going to be a bad pass tackle.

Are we operating under the assumption that a tackle taken at 1.1 has never been a bust?
Posted via Mobile Device

doomy3 05-02-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9654253)
It's a far better alternative than trading Albert and moving Fisher over there.

As stupid as spending 1.1 on an RT is, it's a better alternative than spending it on a replacement and hoping to gain a 2nd out of it.

(This assumes that Albert finishes his career here, which is also unlikely).

Definitely agree. Both are absolute wastes of value, but at least in this example, we are likely upgrading somewhere. Fisher should be a far better player than Winston. He may have been slightly better than Albert on the left side, or just as likely would have been equal to or even a step below. No reason to trade Albert for a second and then draft a guy like Stephenson with that pick.

tooge 05-02-2013 10:48 PM

So the chiefs could have one of the best o lines in football this tear and moving forward. That means quaterback, whoever it is In the long run, will have a better chance to succeed. I like it.

aturnis 05-02-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9654158)
I think that the most of the "I'm a LT" thing is about the money. Once he gets his money then he'll be easier about playing RT/LG.

I think you guys who think it's about money are dead wrong.

Haven't you listened to interviews with Albert? It's a pride thing with him. All his career he's been listening to media and fans say he needs to move to guard or right tackle, projecting the Chiefs to draft his replacement in each and every mock daft over the past 4 years. Meanwhile he's done nothing but get better. He's stated many times during this process his goal is to prove them all wrong and play LT at a pro bowl level.

Not to mention he wants to stay in KC. Never heard a guy so adamant about something like that during contract talks. (This is what made all of NFLN and ESPN pure draft talk so annoying, they kept saying Albert wasn't happy and wanted out. Clearly did 0 homework.)

The only options I see are Fisher at RT, or sign Albert long term, pay his heaviest year this year to play LT, hope he plays well, and trade him with the much more reasonable remainder of his contract. The big money off the top in his first year of contract should make him more tradeable if he plays well.

boogblaster 05-02-2013 11:35 PM

OL better .. thats the main thing .....

penbrook 05-02-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9654319)
I think you guys who think it's about money are dead wrong.

Haven't you listened to interviews with Albert? It's a pride thing with him. All his career he's been listening to media and fans say he needs to move to guard or right tackle, projecting the Chiefs to draft his replacement in each and every mock daft over the past 4 years. Meanwhile he's done nothing but get better. He's stated many times during this process his goal is to prove them all wrong and play LT at a pro bowl level.

Not to mention he wants to stay in KC. Never heard a guy so adamant about something like that during contract talks. (This is what made all of NFLN and ESPN pure draft talk so annoying, they kept saying Albert wasn't happy and wanted out. Clearly did 0 homework.)

The only options I see are Fisher at RT, or sign Albert long term, pay his heaviest year this year to play LT, hope he plays well, and trade him with the much more reasonable remainder of his contract. The big money off the top in his first year of contract should make him more tradeable if he plays well.

Thank you at least somebody gets it.

buddha 05-03-2013 12:00 AM

Good...we need a great RT too. It's not like he can't move to LT when Albert's back gives out the next time.

Settle the f*** down, ladies!

Simply Red 05-03-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9654069)
Doubt it.

I bet there will be at least 10 players in that first round that have more impact on their football teams.

this is the Chiefs we're talking about - there will be more than that.

TEX 05-03-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9654431)
Good...we need a great RT too. It's not like he can't move to LT when Albert's back gives out the next time.

Settle the f*** down, ladies!

Could have gotten a good RT without spending the 1st pick in the entire draft. LMAO

TEX 05-03-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9654194)

This.

Setsuna 05-03-2013 01:55 AM

Yup Fisher is already a HoF. Print em True Fans!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

the Talking Can 05-03-2013 04:45 AM

you can only get RTs who were LTs in the MAC with the #1 pick

Chiefs

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-03-2013 07:14 AM

I'll bet Alex Smith throws for 4000 yards and 25 TDs on his 1st pass attempt.

That's right, All because Eric Fisher is gonna be THAT good !

notorious 05-03-2013 07:15 AM

As if there was any doubt.

AussieChiefsFan 05-03-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9654574)
I'll bet Alex Smith throws for 4000 yards and 25 TDs on his 1st pass attempt.!

Yeah, because the receiver is gonna run the length of the field 40 times and score 25 times. LMAO

BossChief 05-03-2013 07:37 AM

Don't get me wrong, Eric Fisher has a chance to be a great player, but it just seems like this was a draft pick they intended all along to make and play at rt to try to accomidate Alex Smiths weaknesses.

Hopefully, they get Albert signed long term and this significantly upgrades the line to where we are done spending high picks on it.

Backwards Masking 05-03-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9654606)
Don't get me wrong, Eric Fisher has a chance to be a great player, but it just seems like this was a draft pick they intended all along to make and play at rt to try to accomidate Alex Smiths weaknesses.

Hopefully, they get Albert signed long term and this significantly upgrades the line to where we are done spending high picks on it.

well they're learning

last time they picked up someone elses trash at QB they didn't protect him enough and he was exposed as trash

this they they pick up someone elses trash they'll pay out the nose to protect him so we fans don't notice he's trash as quickly as last time

so they're getting smarter. still not as smart as a 12 year old that knows to win a Super Bowl you draft your own QB, but hey. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Rausch 05-03-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9654575)
As if there was any doubt.

It was argued by many that Albert should play G or RT.

I thought I'd have to sign up for witness protection after suggesting Albert staying here at LT was a good thing...

ChiliConCarnage 05-03-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9654606)

I think so unfortunately our line is probably not as good as San Fran's so we probably need to take Alex's numbers and skew them down a bit. I think our receiving groups are relatively even.

Hopefully we get last years Alex and he really was coming into his own.

Codered 05-03-2013 08:02 AM

1.1 for a RT. Only the Chiefs.

Backwards Masking 05-03-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9654632)

I thought I'd have to sign up for witness protection after suggesting Albert staying here at LT was a good thing...

nah, it's too close to call. Rookie LT with more initial potential than than a good LT with 5 years expereince = wash

however, if we're building for the future (like we're SUPPOSED to be) and not just striving for a 10-6 one and done to fill the seats, in theory we should get our rookie the experience at LT ASAP, since we aren't competeing for a Super Bowl this year anyway. that's what i would do, but i'm no coach

notorious 05-03-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

It's definately the way to go. By keeping Albert at LT, he still carries trade value.

Fisher's first couple of years are not as valuable by playing him at RT.

I really don't give a shit anymore, I just want to win.

Backwards Masking 05-03-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9654647)
By keeping Albert at LT, he still carries trade value.

That's very true, I forgot about that. And it has to be taken into consideration in this decision

Messier 05-03-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codered (Post 9654639)
1.1 for a RT. Only the Chiefs.

Fisher is going to play RT for his career?

notorious 05-03-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 9654653)
That's very true, I forgot about that. And it has to be taken into consideration in this decision

It's not much, though. We are going to get a 6 pack and a pack of smokes for him if he's traded.

I would rather that Fisher play LT to get more experience, trades be damned.

Backwards Masking 05-03-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9654661)
I would rather that Fisher play LT to get more experience, trades be damned.

It's better for the future of the team I think. If a respectable team used the trade value reasoning for keeping Albert at LT i would believe them. But since it's the Chiefs, I see this move as them trying to win more games now and fill more seats and make more money than preparing for their future. History being what it is and all.

Messier 05-03-2013 08:16 AM

Personally, I think it's still very likely Alberts gone before TC, and even if he's still here, I don't buy the decision has been made before they've even seen Fisher and Albert together who's playing where. Either way, I think Fisher will be starting at LT on opening day.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-03-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

True Fans are without a doubt the worst armchair GM's and coaches. If a TF thinks its a good idea, prepare ordinance for air-strike.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-03-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9654671)
Personally, I think it's still very likely Alberts gone before TC, and even if he's still here, I don't buy the decision has been made before they've even seen Fisher and Albert together who's playing where. Either way, I think Fisher will be starting at LT on opening day.

Exhibit A.
Posted via Mobile Device

buddha 05-03-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9654452)
Could have gotten a good RT without spending the 1st pick in the entire draft. LMAO

No shit. However, he can play there for a couple of years and transition over to LT. Ever heard of that happening before? :thumb:

patteeu 05-03-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 9654616)
well they're learning

last time they picked up someone elses trash at QB they didn't protect him enough and he was exposed as trash

this they they pick up someone elses trash they'll pay out the nose to protect him so we fans don't notice he's trash as quickly as last time

so they're getting smarter. still not as smart as a 12 year old that knows to win a Super Bowl you draft your own QB, but hey. Rome wasn't built in a day.

"They" are actually different people.