ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mitch Holthus' "controversy"...:cuss: (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=122355)

htismaqe 08-25-2005 07:24 AM

Mitch Holthus' "controversy"...:cuss:

Well, even though he made ME wait until the very end of his interview to find out, I'll go ahead and tell you all what the controversy was:

The third line of the Earlham Cardinals' fight song is identical to some line in some rap song.

****! :cuss:

Anyway, the only interesting news he had about the Chiefs was actually pretty big news:

STRONG rumors surrounding the trading of Scott Fujita

jspchief 08-25-2005 07:27 AM

My Fujita jersey will look nice hanging in my closet next to my Donnie Edwards jersey...

Kylo Ren 08-25-2005 07:27 AM

I've heard this before about trading Fujita. They think they are stocked at LB and think Fujita still has a little value left. They'll only get a low round draft pick for him, but it's better than nothing. I like the idea. However, they won't do this if Griffin's injury is serious.

WisChief 08-25-2005 07:28 AM

trading? hmmm.... if it's not for a defensive tackle, what's the point? And for who?

edit - a draft pick of course. :rolleyes:

Hammock Parties 08-25-2005 07:29 AM

I don't like this at all. I think Fujita has more immediate value to the team this year than a low draft pick.

Coach 08-25-2005 07:29 AM

I'm not sure if I like the idea of trading Fujita.

The pro is that we can get something out of him, especially that he only has a 1 year contract.

The con is that I would think that he would be cheaper LB down the road than Barber would be.

And I'm not so sure that Barber will be able to play at 100% effectiveness, if, at all. :shrug:

the Talking Can 08-25-2005 07:30 AM

yeah, I wonder how Griffin's injury affects this...it would be nice to get a pick for him...though I still think he's valuable to us given Bell's shoulder and Fox's complete unproven-ness...

KCTitus 08-25-2005 07:33 AM

dang...I was so sure the controversy was going to be about Bell not playing in preseason games thus screwing up the defensive chemistry.

DaWolf 08-25-2005 07:33 AM

I like Fujita. That said, if they feel the other guys are better and that Barber is on track and there's no room for him, then I'd prefer the trade to cutting him (of course, who wouldn't). Probably looking at a 5th rounder at best for him at this stage. Of course one injury could change any plans...

Chiefnj 08-25-2005 07:33 AM

I still think Fujita is KC's most serviceable backup LB.

Why would someone trade for a player who is under a 1 year contract? Would a team give up more than a 7th round pick for him? If so, I would value the backup LB more than a 7th round pick.

Rukdafaidas 08-25-2005 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj

Why would someone trade for a player who is under a 1 year contract? Would a team give up more than a 7th round pick for him? If so, I would value the backup LB more than a 7th round pick.

The only reason I could see a team trading for him is the contract is reasonable and if there's more than one team interested, it would drive his price up.

htismaqe 08-25-2005 07:38 AM

My guess is that if they're looking at trading Fujita NOW, right before the season starts, it's for a player at a position of need...

the Talking Can 08-25-2005 07:38 AM

any teams have LB's injured lately?

ROYC75 08-25-2005 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj

Kinda what I was thinking, 1 year and he can leave that team as a UFA. A low draft is probally best, I don't think we can get a 5th, maybe 6th or 7th.

Chiefnj 08-25-2005 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas
The only reason I could see a team trading for him is the contract is reasonable and if there's more than one team interested, it would drive his price up.

Nobody was interested in him a few months ago.