ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NBA Offseason thread 2013 edition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274317)

Mav 07-10-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9803265)
It will be all about health. Irving and Bynum could lead them deep into the playoffs (GSW 2.0 - Curry and Bogut), or they could miss the playoffs altogether.

agreed. I love their bench. jack, earl, Anderson if Bynum signs. Zeller. Love it.

The Bad Guy 07-10-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9802114)
When Morey signed Lin, he shouldn't have signed Asik. It was as bad as thinking Nash and Howard would have chemistry together. Lin thrives on pick and roll. Asik is horrible at pick and roll because he has clumsy hands and is no threat outside of the very low post to shoot. Asik's a good player in a specific scheme, but not this one.

Which is why I'm again talking about how sometimes Morey's strategy has been to sort of throw a bunch of players together without any thought about how they'd work together. Can we just admit that Lin and Asik was a failed experiment?

Wait, did you know that prior to coming to the Lakers, Howard was rated as the top pick and roll big in the NBA?

So yes, pairing Nash and Howard was a smart move, just like signing a 7 footer who plays great D and can rebound and shot block.

Why do you even watch the NBA? You don't understand any facet of it.

The Bad Guy 07-10-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9802591)
Asik is still a very valuable asset. The Rockets could easily trade him for a stretch 4 that would fit that team immensely well.

Asik for a Ryan Anderson type (probably through a three way trade) is very doable.

Asik for Jeff Green straight up is another possible trade.

I doubt Anderson is going to be traded based on the Pelicans trading away Lopez. They traded Lopez to get Anderson on the floor.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-10-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9803309)
I doubt Anderson is going to be traded based on the Pelicans trading away Lopez. They traded Lopez to get Anderson on the floor.

I know, but I said that's the type of guy the Rockets should seek out, not the guy they will get.

chiefzilla1501 07-10-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9803307)
Wait, did you know that prior to coming to the Lakers, Howard was rated as the top pick and roll big in the NBA?

So yes, pairing Nash and Howard was a smart move, just like signing a 7 footer who plays great D and can rebound and shot block.

Why do you even watch the NBA? You don't understand any facet of it.

I am not commenting on whether he can run the pick and roll as much as I am talking about how he hated it and was a huge baby about running it in LA because he wants to play in the post. The Rockets will run a ton of pick and roll. How does Howard feel about that? Is he going to mope about it the way he did with the Lakers?

chiefzilla1501 07-10-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9803234)
Do they only play basketball on one end of the court? They needed a defensive minded big to make up for the types of perimeter players they wanted to put on the floor (not to mention those specific perimeter players aren't particularly good shooters).

Asik is ok in p&r, because he gets Harden and Lin free with his picks. He's not going to do anything on a roll to the bucket, but that's fine. Those guys can either finish in the lane or kick to a shooter. Asik can crash for the offensive board.

I am going to defend the Asik signing, because I think you're wrong. Lin? Eh, I get why they did it, but not a great decision so far.

That's a fair comment, except that he's not ok in p&r, he's subpar. But if your bread and butter is the pick and roll, it doesn't make sense to have one of the main features of that offense completely incapable of doing anything off the roll. He has terrible hands and he can't get to the basket unless he has a clear path. And he can't shoot for shit, so he has to get the ball directly under the basket.

I mean, Splitter was recently signed to a $9M contract. Diaw for $5M. These guys play defense and are very good at pick and roll. Other guys can pick and pop. $8M for a guy who plays defense but is subpar as the lynchpin of a pick and roll offense... it's not a good signing to me. Unless the goal truly was to feature him as a stopgap.

Titty Meat 07-10-2013 04:16 PM

MWP gone. Great move.

Lakers pick top 10 and sign Melo.

TEX 07-10-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9803718)
MWP gone. Great move.

Lakers pick top 10 and sign Melo.

Lakers pick in the lotto, but Melo is an East Coast guy,he's not going to L.A.

Sassy Squatch 07-10-2013 04:31 PM

Lakers will get Wiggins. Farce of a lottery shall make it so.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-10-2013 05:49 PM

I don't know why the Lakers would want Melo. He's Dominique Wilkins.

AdumbGuy 07-10-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9803924)

Well, when Kobe's gone, who else in the league is going to throw up 35 shots with no regard whatsoever for whether or not he makes them.

ChiefsCountry 07-10-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

That could be a trade that helps both teams. I think Anthony Davis would be a better fit at power forward ala like Marcus Camby type. Put the big rebounder and defensive type in Asik next to him, it allow him more freedom to roam. Ryan Anderson playing next to Dwight Howard would allow him to spot up where he does damage. Not to mention when Harden drives would give him the option to throw to Howard or kick out.

The Bad Guy 07-10-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9803639)
I know, but I said that's the type of guy the Rockets should seek out, not the guy they will get.

Not a whole lot of stretch 4's in the NBA anymore.

The Bad Guy 07-10-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

I 100% agree with this. Melo is a volume chucker. There's absolutely no way Kobe and him could co-exist. Both stall the ball more than anyone.

The Bad Guy 07-10-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9803733)
Lakers pick in the lotto, but Melo is an East Coast guy,he's not going to L.A.

Wife is driving that train from everything I read. She wants to be back in LA.

The Bad Guy 07-10-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9803655)
I am not commenting on whether he can run the pick and roll as much as I am talking about how he hated it and was a huge baby about running it in LA because he wants to play in the post. The Rockets will run a ton of pick and roll. How does Howard feel about that? Is he going to mope about it the way he did with the Lakers?

Howard is going to be a mopey dickbag regardless.

Pitt Gorilla 07-10-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

You shut your whore mouth. Melo couldn't hold nique's jock.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-10-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9803993)
You shut your whore mouth. Melo couldn't hold nique's jock.

That's actually true, but it doesn't matter anyway, because Wilkins won dick.

RustShack 07-10-2013 07:06 PM

Cavs land Bynum. That roster from last year alone would have been a borderline playoff team just off of a year more experience alone... And Irving/AV staying more healthy. Honestly Dion Waiters could be the biggest difference... Dude is primed to break out and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the "star" of the team.

This year if Irving does get hurt though we will have Jack instead of nothing at PG. Varejao never got hurt until he started playing Center.. Adding Bynum should help a lot with that.

Ceej 07-10-2013 07:08 PM

Rust's homerism knows no bounds.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-10-2013 07:10 PM

I (Lakers) want wiggins in '14.

RustShack 07-10-2013 07:12 PM

I'm excited to see what a Big like Bynum does for the production of Irving and Waiters.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-10-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9804108)
Honestly Dion Waiters could be the biggest difference... Dude is primed to break out and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the "star" of the team. .

That is just stupid as hell.

The Bad Guy 07-10-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9804120)
I'm excited to see what a Big like Bynum does for the production of Irving and Waiters.

Are they going to be pushing Bynum's wheelchair?

The Bad Guy 07-10-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9804123)
That is just stupid as hell.

Sure is.

Kyrie Irving is a top 10 player in the NBA and you think Waiters is going to be the star?

chiefzilla1501 07-10-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Cavs land Bynum. That roster from last year alone would have been a borderline playoff team just off of a year more experience alone... And Irving/AV staying more healthy. Honestly Dion Waiters could be the biggest difference... Dude is primed to break out and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the "star" of the team.

This year if Irving does get hurt though we will have Jack instead of nothing at PG. Varejao never got hurt until he started playing Center.. Adding Bynum should help a lot with that.

Kyrie and Waiters are another one of those duos that I just can't figure out. I like Waiters' potential, but he HAS to learn to hit his mid-range to long-range jumpers consistently. He's a slasher like Kyrie and I often felt like they played better together when they weren't on the court at the same time. And there's no way Waiters becomes even close to the player Kyrie is.

They either have to be creative about making those 2 work better together, or the offense has to figure it out. It might just be that Waiters, like Tristan Thompson, are going to be fresh bench guys.

Mav 07-10-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

We aren't trading him. If they trade him, we have zero shooters. I think they are confident in both Jason Smith, and Jeff Whithey, (great pick up) and they just signed Greg Stiemsma today. I think they are fine with their bigs. I love this team right now. A playoff team? Eh, may need a year, but definitely on its way.

RustShack 07-10-2013 11:25 PM

I've actually made the comparison before... Waiters is kinda like a Harden with the Thunder. He's great and is better off the bench in the given scenereo... But the game ends with him on the floor. That's how Waiters was at Syracuse when he won 6th man of the year.

Waiters can be a top SG, just like Irving is a top PG.

If they coexist its the best backcourt in the NBA.

RustShack 07-10-2013 11:48 PM

Waiters is like a combination between Westbrook and Wade. If he just works on his jumper he's one of the elites. Irving obviously is elite at handling the ball, and overall better on offense... But I think Waiters can be the more complete player.

Titty Meat 07-11-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

The Lakers aren't the type of franchise to be satisfied with winning 35-40 games a year. Theyll have to make a move for him.

Titty Meat 07-11-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9803980)
Wife is driving that train from everything I read. She wants to be back in LA.

He's also getting older and hasn't won shit.

-King- 07-11-2013 03:23 AM

As bad as Dwight was for the Lakers, you gotta feel for the Sixers and Bynum. LMAO

The Bad Guy 07-11-2013 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9804628)
Waiters is like a combination between Westbrook and Wade. If he just works on his jumper he's one of the elites. Irving obviously is elite at handling the ball, and overall better on offense... But I think Waiters can be the more complete player.

Please just stop.

TambaBerry 07-11-2013 06:36 AM

Cavs need shooters plain and simple, that will open up the lane for Irving and waiters.

DaKCMan AP 07-11-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9803965)
Well, when Kobe's gone, who else in the league is going to throw up 35 shots with no regard whatsoever for whether or not he makes them.

OJ Mayo?

Quote:

Next tell us how Iowa State is going to win the Big XII.

MIAdragon 07-11-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9804120)

I'm sure his cheering from behind the bench will do wonders for their game.

chiefzilla1501 07-11-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tambaberry (Post 9804785)
Cavs need shooters plain and simple, that will open up the lane for Irving and waiters.

Yes, they do. You can tell that was a focus in the draft. Karasev has been compared to Kyle Korver and he is ready to play right away. Anthony Bennett is probably going to be a guy who can shoot surprisingly well from the outside for a Power Forward. That should really help.

But the biggest thing they need is for Waiters to start hitting his mid-range to outside shots with more consistency. I think Waiters' upside is that he'll be a pretty good slasher, but I don't think he's the type of Guard that's going to be nails on spot-up jumpers.

mcaj22 07-11-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9804739)
As bad as Dwight was for the Lakers, you gotta feel for the Sixers and Bynum. LMAO

Seriously be happy the Lakers didnt lose two young good prospects (not like they have any) and an All Star guard with 0 return.

RealSNR 07-11-2013 09:45 AM

Welcome to another edition of Wolves Corner.

I can't figure this team out. Flip clearly wants to acquire shooters (something Kahn was always clueless about) so with the extra space leftover from the Kirilenko opt out, he dances around with letting Ridnour leave and signs... Corey Brewer.... with that money.

It's like nothing was learned from the past two frustrating years. In general, a lineup can and often thrives with only one bad shooter on the floor at a time. Martin, Love, and Pekovic are all good shooters (in the percentage of shots that they take, that is... Pekovic is a decent free throw shooter and can hit 10-15 foot jumpers if he needs to). Rubio is still kind of terrible. He's our bad shooter... inconsistent on lay ups, occasionally airballs stuff that's wide open. And then we get Corey Brewer, who only further complicates the logjam at 3.

Budinger, Brewer, Derrick Williams (possibly? If Adelman isn't sick enough of his shit). Those are the guys we might have available. More often than not Derrick will be coming off the bench for Love and/or Pekovic if they want to go smaller. Brewer may be the perfect replacement for Kirilenko's defensive capabilities but he's ****ing awful and useless on offense. His on strength? Passing. Which we have Rubio for. It makes zero sense to have Rubio and Brewer on the court at the same time for very long, which hampers the effectiveness of both players unfortunately.

We're going to be doing quite a bit of relying on Chase Budinger, which I'm not too keen on. Brewer just isn't a good fit for this team. As much as it pains me to say this, I'd legitimately rather have Ridnour. And I ****ing hate Luke Ridnour.

DaKCMan AP 07-11-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9805044)
And I ****ing hate Luke Ridnour.

Luke Ridnour's mom hates Luke Ridnour.

dirk digler 07-11-2013 12:12 PM

Howard and his reps asked the Lakers if they were going to amnesty Kobe...LMAO

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...angeles-lakers
Quote:

As an offshoot of those discussions, sources said, Howard's camp at one point asked the Lakers whether they were at least considering releasing Bryant through the league's amnesty provision, since Bryant's return date from Achilles tendon surgery remained in question.

KevB 07-11-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Waiters is like a combination between Westbrook and Wade.

You're high

Pitt Gorilla 07-11-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Waiters is like a combination between Westbrook and Wade.

This is como/bambi level stupid.

KevB 07-11-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9805044)
Welcome to another edition of Wolves Corner.

Brewer may be the perfect replacement for Kirilenko's defensive capabilities but he's ****ing awful and useless on offense. His on strength? Passing. Which we have Rubio for. It makes zero sense to have Rubio and Brewer on the court at the same time for very long, which hampers the effectiveness of both players unfortunately.

A lot of Brewer's value this season was tied to that team's breakneck pace. He and Ty Lawson were nails beating the defense down the floor for layups. In a more typical NBA offense....you're right.....he has a negative impact on the offensive side of the floor.

chiefzilla1501 07-11-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9805740)
You're high

I think he was talking about Brian Westbrook and Bobby Wade

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-11-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9804739)

I don't at all. The Sixers have a good shot at being the next dominant team in the East.

They'll likely get two lottery picks in '14, including a possible top 5 selection. Add that to Noel and a shit ton of cap room and that team is in phenomenal shape.

Plus, they can likely spin Evan Turner for future assets as well.

Imagine a team with Noel, Jabari Parker, Andrew Harrison, MCW, and a max player.

The Bad Guy 07-11-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9806083)
I don't at all. The Sixers have a good shot at being the next dominant team in the East.

They'll likely get two lottery picks in '14, including a possible top 5 selection. Add that to Noel and a shit ton of cap room and that team is in phenomenal shape.

Imagine a team with Noel, Jabari Parker, Andrew Harrison, MCW, and a max player.

I don't know what max player is going there though. There's more teams with a max slot anymore and Philly doesn't offer what it did 12 years ago in terms of appeal.

Parker would be great, but I think MCW is truly an awful PG. Just a head-scratching pick.

Although I do like Thad Young, that team would be in real good shape right now if they had Vuc and Harkless. If you had a group of Noel, Vuc, Harkless, Parker and a FA PG, now you're talking.

The Bad Guy 07-11-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9805490)
Howard and his reps asked the Lakers if they were going to amnesty Kobe...LMAO

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...angeles-lakers

What a ****ing idiot.

Howard wants to win on his terms only. Why does he need a torch passed to him? Does he think in Houston he's ever going to be the alpha male with Harden?

There would be far more people upset if the Lakers amnestied Kobe than there were when they couldn't get Dwight.

Lakers have made 2 quality low-level cheap signings with Kaman and Nick Young. Young will be nice because let's face it, outside Kobe and Gasol, they have no consistent scorers. Maybe Meeks but that's a stretch.

CaliforniaChief 07-11-2013 04:01 PM

I really wanted Kyle Korver for the Lakers, but he's back in ATL. That guy can shoot.

KevB 07-11-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9806098)
Lakers have made 2 quality low-level cheap signings with Kaman and Nick Young.

Oof

mcaj22 07-11-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9806083)

The Pelicans pick is protected so at best thats between 6-10 and that player still wont be better than Harkless or Vuc or Holiday or anyone they gave up in the last year that put them in this position

and the other pick, if its not Wiggins its a failure. The odds of them getting a super star out of this draft that make this all worth it is them getting the #1 pick and there are more teams in tank mode for next year than ever, its going to be hard to actually lose.

You assuming a lot has to go right for the Sixers. And when it doesnt, plan B is what? No wiggins, no top 5 pick, no top 10 Pelicans pick cause they finished better than expected, then what, then who do they get.

The Bad Guy 07-11-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9806111)
Oof

They are quality signings when you factor in that Kaman is making 2.5 and Young is making 1.2.

The Bad Guy 07-11-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9806105)
I really wanted Kyle Korver for the Lakers, but he's back in ATL. That guy can shoot.

Yes, he's ridiculous, but the Lakers had no shot at him for 6 million.

mcaj22 07-11-2013 05:01 PM

As a Sixers fan I say bless your heart because Nick Young is terrible

The Bad Guy 07-11-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9806177)
As a Sixers fan I say bless your heart because Nick Young is terrible

I know his limitations. I also know that the Lakers need outside shooting in this garbage D'Antoni system. He can score and do nothing else, but I'll take it.

mcaj22 07-11-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9806194)
I know his limitations. I also know that the Lakers need outside shooting in this garbage D'Antoni system. He can score and do nothing else, but I'll take it.

he wouldnt be half bad if he used his damn 6'6'' frame to rebound over small guards or play defense but he refuses to either.

he just wants to chuck lol. Hes big for a guard in a league that runs a lot of small ball out of most teams and he could be pretty good, but alas wont pass wont board wont defend

The Bad Guy 07-11-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9806202)
he wouldnt be half bad if he used his damn 6'6'' frame to rebound over small guards or play defense but he refuses to either.

he just wants to chuck lol. Hes big for a guard in a league that runs a lot of small ball out of most teams and he could be pretty good, but alas wont pass wont board wont defend

For 1.2 million, I just need him to hit the open shots that MWP couldn't.

Kaman last offseason got 8 million, Young got 6 on one-year deals. This year, they are barely getting over 4 million combined.

Lakers needed shooters in the worst way and I'll take the chucker to come in off the pine (hoping that he can actually stay healthy).

kcxiv 07-11-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9806098)
What a ****ing idiot.

Howard wants to win on his terms only. Why does he need a torch passed to him? Does he think in Houston he's ever going to be the alpha male with Harden?

There would be far more people upset if the Lakers amnestied Kobe than there were when they couldn't get Dwight.

Lakers have made 2 quality low-level cheap signings with Kaman and Nick Young. Young will be nice because let's face it, outside Kobe and Gasol, they have no consistent scorers. Maybe Meeks but that's a stretch.

They signed for far far less then they could have someplace else. Good signing for bench players. cant be mad at that.

mcaj22 07-11-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9806208)
For 1.2 million, I just need him to hit the open shots that MWP couldn't.

Kaman last offseason got 8 million, Young got 6 on one-year deals. This year, they are barely getting over 4 million combined.

Lakers needed shooters in the worst way and I'll take the chucker to come in off the pine (hoping that he can actually stay healthy).

as of right now he might be your starting SG for the first half of the season lol

okcchief 07-11-2013 07:23 PM

I really do feel bad for Harden. He's saddled with one of the most self absorbed dick bags in the history of sports. Dwight is going to go back into **** mode when he figures out hes not the best player on the team again.

RustShack 07-11-2013 09:46 PM

I can see it working. Kobe just doesn't play well with others, and there were too many stars in LA. Plus thier systems sucked for them. In Orlando he didn't have enough help. Harden played just fine with Durant and Westbrook, and I think he's a perfect fit for Howard.

kcxiv 07-11-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9806602)
I can see it working. Kobe just doesn't play well with others, and there were too many stars in LA. Plus thier systems sucked for them. In Orlando he didn't have enough help. Harden played just fine with Durant and Westbrook, and I think he's a perfect fit for Howard.

Because when one of the 3 were resting, he was in there and the team was his for short periods of time. Plus Durant and Westbrook are NOT in the paint players.

When the score is 97-97 with 2 min left in the game who do you want the ball to go to? Howard or Harden? its a really really really easy choice! This will happen frequently and people will start talking shit (media) saying Howard isnt the guy you can count on (he's not) and his ego will get all butthurt again and he's gonna get all stupid again.

He's 28 years old, he is who he is. This will be his 9th year in the NBA. I dont know why people will think this time it will be different for him! His offensive game SUCKS bad. That had nothing to do with his back. Will, maybe very little, he's just terrible on offense with a 100 percent back or a 70. Just look at his post game work. It looks robitic and just not fluid and natural.

KevB 07-11-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9806171)
The Pelicans pick is protected so at best thats between 6-10 and that player still wont be better than Harkless or Vuc or Holiday or anyone they gave up in the last year that put them in this position

and the other pick, if its not Wiggins its a failure. The odds of them getting a super star out of this draft that make this all worth it is them getting the #1 pick and there are more teams in tank mode for next year than ever, its going to be hard to actually lose.

You assuming a lot has to go right for the Sixers. And when it doesnt, plan B is what? No wiggins, no top 5 pick, no top 10 Pelicans pick cause they finished better than expected, then what, then who do they get.

I'd be perfectly happy with Randle, Exum or Gordon if Wiggins wasn't available. Next year's draft is just loaded, so that 6-10 pick could be really attractive. Let's say they end up with Randle and Jabari Parker to go with Noel and MCW. Really young, but damn interesting to watch if you're a Sixer fan. They blew the last couple of years, but they have a chance to recover into a young and exciting team. Probably a number of years away from being serious contenders, but I'd rather my team do this than what the Bucks are doing.

chiefzilla1501 07-12-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

There is no excuse for what Howard did. Nash plays well with others. The fact that Howard was refusing to run pick and roll is just mind-boggling.

And where did you get that Kobe doesn't play well with others? He's been on a team with Gasol or Shaq for how many years? We all know Kobe is a dick (in the way MJ was a dick), but have we heard anything that suggests teammates hate playing with him?

KevB 07-13-2013 10:03 AM

Entertaining review of the season:

Top 100 moments of the season

Curry going for 54 in Madison Square Garden highlights is a helluva fun watch

mcaj22 07-13-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9806694)
I'd be perfectly happy with Randle, Exum or Gordon if Wiggins wasn't available. Next year's draft is just loaded, so that 6-10 pick could be really attractive. Let's say they end up with Randle and Jabari Parker to go with Noel and MCW. Really young, but damn interesting to watch if you're a Sixer fan. They blew the last couple of years, but they have a chance to recover into a young and exciting team. Probably a number of years away from being serious contenders, but I'd rather my team do this than what the Bucks are doing.

Id like Randle to pair with Noel, if anything for their chemistry to want to play together.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-13-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9806171)

The hell it won't. There are at least eight guys in the next draft with better grades than anyone in this draft, and they'll have higher ceilings than Jrue Holliday.

Mav 07-13-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9806879)
There is no excuse for what Howard did. Nash plays well with others. The fact that Howard was refusing to run pick and roll is just mind-boggling.

And where did you get that Kobe doesn't play well with others? He's been on a team with Gasol or Shaq for how many years? We all know Kobe is a dick (in the way MJ was a dick), but have we heard anything that suggests teammates hate playing with him?

Wait. Did you just put Gasol in the Shaq category.

http://static3.businessinsider.com/i...sales-deck.jpg

Kobe basically pulled a him or me with Shaq, and had Shaq shipped to Miami.

Kobe, and Dwight cant stand each other, Dwight also asked that they bring in Phil Jackson. They didn't want to do that, and Dwight was a free agent. Kobe is an asshole, but, Dwight Howard was in a system that doesn't play well to his strengths. The reason the pick n roll worked so well for Steve Nash, and for Amare Stoudamire, was not only could Amare fly, but he was also very good at the spot up jumper. Something howard is not. The reason that the pnr with Howard and nelson worked, is because they spread the floor with shooters, and the only thing Dwight did was roll. That wasn't something that MDA understood, nor did Mitch when he assembled this team. Other than Nash, there wasn't a consistent shooter on the entire roster. It just wasn't a good fit period. he will be much better, and much happier playing with James Harden, and more importantly, FOR KEVIN MCHALE, who despite the fact that I don't know if he is that good of a coach, is one of the best big men ever, and that Hakeem is going to be really involved. Both, huge pluses.

Mav 07-13-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9808753)
The hell it won't. There are at least eight guys in the next draft with better grades than anyone in this draft, and they'll have higher ceilings than Jrue Holliday.

Wow. Jrue hasn't even hit his ceiling yet, and hes 23, and already one of the best pgs in the league. Good luck with that. Yeah, im homering a little bit, because I love the Pelicans, but.........Jrue Holiday is now surrounded by talent....

chiefzilla1501 07-13-2013 10:53 AM

When did I put Gasol in the same category as Shaq? I'm talking about how LA has had good players on the team before and Kobe got along with them in the same way MJ got along with his. The claim that he's insufferable to work with are ridiculous, especially when you're going to blame Kobe for Howard when Howard actually HAS a track record of being impossible to work with. But I guess it's everybody else's fault but Howard's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9808766)
Wait. Did you just put Gasol in the Shaq category.

http://static3.businessinsider.com/i...sales-deck.jpg

Kobe basically pulled a him or me with Shaq, and had Shaq shipped to Miami.

Kobe, and Dwight cant stand each other, Dwight also asked that they bring in Phil Jackson. They didn't want to do that, and Dwight was a free agent. Kobe is an asshole, but, Dwight Howard was in a system that doesn't play well to his strengths. The reason the pick n roll worked so well for Steve Nash, and for Amare Stoudamire, was not only could Amare fly, but he was also very good at the spot up jumper. Something howard is not. The reason that the pnr with Howard and nelson worked, is because they spread the floor with shooters, and the only thing Dwight did was roll. That wasn't something that MDA understood, nor did Mitch when he assembled this team. Other than Nash, there wasn't a consistent shooter on the entire roster. It just wasn't a good fit period. he will be much better, and much happier playing with James Harden, and more importantly, FOR KEVIN MCHALE, who despite the fact that I don't know if he is that good of a coach, is one of the best big men ever, and that Hakeem is going to be really involved. Both, huge pluses.

Mav 07-13-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9808775)
When did I put Gasol in the same category as Shaq? I'm talking about how LA has had good players on the team before and Kobe got along with them in the same way MJ got along with his. The claim that he's insufferable to work with are ridiculous, especially when you're going to blame Kobe for Howard when Howard actually HAS a track record of being impossible to work with. But I guess it's everybody else's fault but Howard's.

Im not blaming Kobe for anything related to the lakers, and howard leaving. I believe that belongs on the shoulders of whatever buss is running things, and refused to fire Dantoni, and bring back Phil. If they had done that the moment they fired Mike Brown, the Lakers season is a lot different, and Howard is a happy laker right now. That's where the blame goes. Howard left because of Dantoni being the coach. Saying he didn't like Playing with Kobe, was just a side note that could of been ignored if Phil was the coach.

No one expects, or thinks that every team that plays together likes everyone. Hell, I didn't like some guys on my little league teams, or high school teams, and damn sure didn't like everyone I went to war with. Its funny how great leadership that you respect can make that much tolerable.

And to the Gasol thing. Gasol is not a great player. That was my point. He is a good player. Has been, but hes a product of playing with Kobe, and next to Bynum.

chiefzilla1501 07-13-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9808799)
Im not blaming Kobe for anything related to the lakers, and howard leaving. I believe that belongs on the shoulders of whatever buss is running things, and refused to fire Dantoni, and bring back Phil. If they had done that the moment they fired Mike Brown, the Lakers season is a lot different, and Howard is a happy laker right now. That's where the blame goes. Howard left because of Dantoni being the coach. Saying he didn't like Playing with Kobe, was just a side note that could of been ignored if Phil was the coach.

No one expects, or thinks that every team that plays together likes everyone. Hell, I didn't like some guys on my little league teams, or high school teams, and damn sure didn't like everyone I went to war with. Its funny how great leadership that you respect can make that much tolerable.

And to the Gasol thing. Gasol is not a great player. That was my point. He is a good player. Has been, but hes a product of playing with Kobe, and next to Bynum.

Fair enough. Though, I disagree on Howard. I think that guy is a ticking time bomb wherever he goes.

TEX 07-13-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

I agree. Less egos in Houston. I also bet Howard improves offensively under McHale and working with Olajuwon.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-17-2013 11:22 AM

@SportsCenter: Lakers will target LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony in 2014 free agency, front office sources tell @ramonashelburne & @WindhorstESPN.

DaKCMan AP 07-17-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9817605)
@SportsCenter: Lakers will target LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony in 2014 free agency, front office sources tell @ramonashelburne & @WindhorstESPN.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...yeah-right.gif

ChiefsCountry 07-17-2013 11:36 AM

Kobe and Carmello, the two biggest ball hogs in the NBA on the same team. Gold.

tecumseh 07-17-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

LA Implosion Take 2.

kcxiv 07-17-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9808799)

Are you kidding, he was carrying the Grizzlies, when they were complete ass to the play offs pretty much by himself.

Gasol may be soft, but he's probably the best euro player thats ever lived, if not top 3. Gasol will make the Hall of Fame. He deserves it. In his prime, there was no one that had the skillset of him down low in the post, he was beautiful to watch. Wish he was more physical as i said, but his offense is ****ing amazing.

kcxiv 07-17-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecumseh (Post 9817682)
LA Implosion Take 2.

Well, why shouldnt they, they have 2 players under contract going into 2014-2015 season. Nash and Robert Sacre. Well, maybe Kaman now. I dont know how long his contract is, may be just 1 year.

-King- 07-17-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Sky is blue.