ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues U.S. oil output is surging so fast that the US could soon overtake Saudi Arabia (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265611)

patteeu 10-24-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9045907)
I'm pretty sure the government has some ability to influence activities that occur on private land, particularly activities such as oil drilling. Go stick one in your backyard and see how that goes.

As I said before, apply your logic to employment. Do private-sector job numbers go on Obama's record or only the public ones?

You picked a bad issue to try to make that point given the blatant dishonesty of this administration when it comes to oil production.

Donger 10-24-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure the government has some ability to influence activities that occur on private land, particularly activities such as oil drilling. Go stick one in your backyard and see how that goes.

So, I asked you for some evidence that Obama and his administration deserve some/any credit for increasing oil production on private land, and you come back with how they can prevent it?

LMAO

Quote:

As I said before, apply your logic to employment. Do private-sector job numbers go on Obama's record or only the public ones?

Look, I'm not the one who is apparently giving credit to Obama for increasing oil output on private land. You are. So, I'm just asking for some specific examples of how he did that. If you can't give any, that's okay.

J Diddy 10-24-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9045888)
Wow, okay, I'll try again:

1) Oil out put on PRIVATE land has increased.

2) Oil output on PUBLIC land has decreased.

So, if you want to give credit to Obama for increasing output on PRIVATE land (with a straight face), you really must provide some evidence that he did something/anything to make that come to fruition. If you can't, you really shouldn't even attempt to give him credit for it.

In 2011 oil on public lands decreased from 2010. 2010 had the highest output since 2002. Oil production on federal lands is still higher every year since the end of the Bush administration.

Donger 10-24-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9045950)
In 2011 oil on public lands decreased from 2010. 2010 had the highest output since 2002. Oil production on federal lands is still higher every year since the end of the Bush administration.

Yes, I know.

cosmo20002 10-24-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9045942)
So, I asked you for some evidence that Obama and his administration deserve some/any credit for increasing oil production on private land, and you come back with how they can prevent it?

I guess we are left to assume that whatever W was doing to prevent private production, Obama reversed it. You are ridiculous. Your methods of evaluating his record simply changes to suit your pre-determined conclusion Go cherry-pick some stat you can blame him for simply because it happened on his watch.

bsp4444 10-24-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9045942)

LMAO

Look, I'm not the one who is apparently giving credit to Obama for increasing oil output on private land. You are. So, I'm just asking for some specific examples of how he did that. If you can't give any, that's okay.

Serious question, Donger...Obama loves R&D, hoppfully we can agree on that. Could he have backed some programs that led to increased production on ANY lands due to increased technology?

Donger 10-24-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsp4444 (Post 9045975)
Serious question, Donger...Obama loves R&D, hoppfully we can agree on that. Could he have backed some programs that led to increased production on ANY lands due to increased technology?

None of which I'm aware, no.

vailpass 10-24-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

LMAO Stooge McShilligan

J Diddy 10-24-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9045965)
Yes, I know.

Help me to understand this then. How can Obama be all hating the production of oil when it is down from a ten year high but still up from his predecessor?

Saul Good 10-24-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsp4444 (Post 9045975)

It seems to me that the most obvious example of a new(ish) technology a it relates to increased production is fracking. Obama and his supporters are against it.

Donger 10-24-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9045995)
Help me to understand this then. How can Obama be all hating the production of oil when it is down from a ten year high but still up from his predecessor?

Do you think that Obama magically snapped his fingers and the oil started flowing? E&P takes years from start to fruition.

That being said, what I'm mostly taking issue with here is Obama attempting to take credit for the increase in PRIVATE production.

cosmo20002 10-24-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9045980)
LMAO Stooge McShilligan

ROFL Racist McMoron

cosmo20002 10-24-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Too (Post 9045998)
It seems to me that the most obvious example of a new(ish) technology a it relates to increased production is fracking. Obama and his supporters are against it.

I know the people who now have flammable tap water aren't crazy about it.

Saul Good 10-24-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9045995)

Is that a real question? Obama seems to be against Americans being slaughtered in Iran (considers it to be less than optimal, anyway), but they have also increased.

J Diddy 10-24-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9046000)
Do you think that Obama magically snapped his fingers and the oil started flowing? E&P takes years from start to fruition.

That being said, what I'm mostly taking issue with here is Obama attempting to take credit for the increase in PRIVATE production.

Nope I sure don't. I know sometimes happen that delay producing at an optimal level, like oh let's say a giant oil spill in the gulf.