ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues U.S. oil output is surging so fast that the US could soon overtake Saudi Arabia (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265611)

cosmo20002 10-24-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Too (Post 9046042)
When someone makes that claim, let me know.

You implied it. OK, he "opposes" it? Opposes it how? Actually, I recall hearing him endorse it.

KILLER_CLOWN 10-24-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9046048)
Not that I'm accepting your premise, and I certainly disagree that anyone in the Bush administration was intentionally driving the price of oil up to $150/barrel, BUT... higher global prices do have a stimulative effect on domestic production so even if what you say is true it tends to support my contention not undermine it.

Ok so put Hussain back in power, it was $12/barrel back in the early 90's when Daddy Bush didn't like the prices. I'm for whatever makes the price of Gasoline cheaper and if that's a dictator undercutting everyone else so mote it be.

patteeu 10-24-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9046043)
Follow closely.

He took over in 2009. 2010 was the highest year of production since 02. The gulf oil spill occurred greatly reducing the output of oil in that region for 2011.

Even then it was down only 14% from a record year. Even then it was still more oil being produced then when he came into office. Explain to me again how his policies are halting production on public land.

I think Obama knows there are a lot of people like you. That's why he can make such ridiculous claims and get some benefit out of it.

cosmo20002 10-24-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9046060)
Ok so put Hussain back in power, it was $12/barrel back in the early 90's when Daddy Bush didn't like the prices. I'm for whatever makes the price of Gasoline cheaper and if that's a dictator undercutting everyone else so mote it be.

So, nationalizing oil production and/or banning oil exports and drilling in the Grand Canyon, Rocky Mountains, and other places that would pollute the water supply for millions?

J Diddy 10-24-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9046049)
Who claimed this?

Just a generalized view. Not so much halt as considerably slow down.

J Diddy 10-24-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9046063)
I think Obama knows there are a lot of people like you. That's why he can make such ridiculous claims and get some benefit out of it.

Hmmm. So why is gas so high?

RNR 10-24-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9046063)

A question for those cheering this: Imagine what we could have produced had Barry assisted? A second question: what has he done to assist our ability to refine it? He is huge on taking credit for things that happen without his support while blaming anything negative on someone else...kind of like wanting to prosecute those who helped in getting the information that led to getting Osama. He quickly pounds his chest over it while giving zero credit to anyone else. How anyone can support this shit stain is beyond me~

J Diddy 10-24-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9046083)
A question for those cheering this: Imagine what we could have produced had Barry assisted? A second question: what has he done to assist our ability to refine it? He is huge on taking credit for things that happen without his support while blaming anything negative on someone else...kind of like wanting to prosecute those who helped in getting the information that led to getting Osama. He quickly pounds his chest over it while giving zero credit to anyone else. How anyone can support this shit stain is beyond me~

That is every politician. Obama doesn't have a monopoly on this.

RNR 10-24-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9046088)
That is every politician. Obama doesn't have a monopoly on this.

Point given although it still doesn't make it right~