ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Tarell Brown fired his agent for a really good reason. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274813)

Rain Man 07-26-2013 09:29 AM

Tarell Brown fired his agent for a really good reason.

I bet the agent was really looking forward to hearing his receptionist say, "Tarell Brown on Line 2".

Seriously, it seems like this is really good lawsuit material. Isn't it the agent's job to know this stuff?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...49ers-workouts

Tarell Brown left $2 million on the table this offseason. This hardly was part of the plan.

The San Francisco 49ers cornerback was due to earn $2.925 million in 2013, the final year of his contract. To collect $2 million of that salary, he was obligated to attend offseason workouts with the team. Unaware that his attendance was contractually mandatory, Brown worked out on his own in Texas.

He didn't realize he had cost himself dearly until Thursday, when he saw reports on Twitter. He immediately fired his agent, Brian Overstreet.

"No one wants to leave money on the table," Brown said Thursday, via The Associated Press. "If I would have known the clauses in my contract -- that's what agents get paid to do, to orchestrate the contract and to let you know what you can and can't do as far as workouts and OTAs and things of that sort. That's what he got paid to do. He didn't do that, so in my opinion, you have to be let go. We all are held accountable for our actions. This is part of the business."

After finishing what we imagine was a tremendously pleasant conversation with Mr. Overstreet, Brown reached out to the 49ers. Unfortunately for the 28-year-old, "there wasn't too much I really could say."

"It had nothing to do with not being in shape, not wanting to work out, no contract problems, it just had to do with me wanting to go back home and train," Brown said. "It's something I've been doing for the past few years."

Brown said he plans to sit down with 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh in an effort to work out a compromise of some kind.

"Hope for the best," Brown said. "Pray for me."

Let's throw in a prayer for the agent, too. What a mess.

MahiMike 07-26-2013 09:30 AM

he'll never work in this town again.

ptlyon 07-26-2013 09:34 AM

Its also his job to read

BlackHelicopters 07-26-2013 09:36 AM

Brown is a ****tard

Rain Man 07-26-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9835580)
Its also his job to read

I'm trying to imagine being Tarell Brown, checking his twitter site.

(Scroll, scroll)

Kaepernick wore a Dolphins hat? Dumba**.

(Scroll, scroll)

Looks like Harbaugh's at the grocery store.

(Scroll, scroll)

Terrell Owens should just give up. No one's going to sign him.

(Scroll, scroll)

Hey, it's about me. Tarell Brown loses two mill - wait, what? WHAT?!?!?! G** D*** M*****F****** WHAT?!?! NO! NO! WHERE'S MY F*****G AGENT?!?! WHAT'S MY F****** AGENT'S NUMBER! WHAT'S AARON HERNANDEZ'S F****** NUMBER?

(TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE)

@AARONHERNANDEZ GIVE ME A CALL. GIVE ME A CALL RIGHT NOW.

chiefzilla1501 07-26-2013 09:43 AM

It's the agents fault. Brown hired his agent to understand the contract. His agents only job is to know the contract. Browns job is to play football.

Also, if I'm the 49ers, I would pay the man. It's not like he was being a rebel for skipping. He was probably working out on his own. Shouldn't the 49ers have at least called him and said 'hey, I don'tknow if you realize this, vbut your contract says you need to be here.' It's a small price for the 49ers play to avoid building a reputation that they're trying to take advantage of their players.

Yeah, he should know his contract. I am guessing many players would have missed this

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-26-2013 09:57 AM

Dumbass agent.

CoMoChief 07-26-2013 10:56 AM

I think you have to take responsibility for yourself.

That's not exactly fine print in terms of the contract wording.

Yes the agent should be fired IMO, but I don't feel sorry for the guy as it's his own responsibility to know the basic framework of his contract.

Rasputin 07-26-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9835728)
I think you have to take responsibility for yourself.

That's not exactly fine print in terms of the contract wording.

Yes the agent should be fired IMO, but I don't feel sorry for the guy as it's his own responsibility to know the basic framework of his contract.

Yeah this. It is his own responsibility and talk about 2 million dollars it would be in his own interest to take note what is in the contract and ask the rep questions or read the damn thing himself.

dlphg9 07-26-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9835767)
Yeah this. It is his own responsibility and talk about 2 million dollars it would be in his own interest to take note what is in the contract and ask the rep questions or read the damn thing himself.

Than what is the point of having an agent?

LoneWolf 07-26-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9835599)
It's the agents fault. Brown hired his agent to understand the contract. His agents only job is to know the contract. Browns job is to play football.

Also, if I'm the 49ers, I would pay the man. It's not like he was being a rebel for skipping. He was probably working out on his own. Shouldn't the 49ers have at least called him and said 'hey, I don'tknow if you realize this, vbut your contract says you need to be here.' It's a small price for the 49ers play to avoid building a reputation that they're trying to take advantage of their players.

Yeah, he should know his contract. I am guessing many players would have missed this

If I had a clause in my contract that was going to pay me an extra $100,000 bonus if I showed up for work on time every day for a year, you could guarantee that I would be aware of that clause and follow it to the letter. This stupid mother ****er just assumes everything is being taken care of by somebody else.

The 49ers have no obligation to let him know about this contract clause and they shouldn't call him and alert him of the clause. He should take responsibility for his own requirements. His agent screwed up by not reminding him of the workout clause, but JFC it's part of your job to know what your contract says.

The Franchise 07-26-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 9835778)

To negotiate on yourbehalf. Do you know what happens if you don't know you're own contract? You get ****ed over.

KC native 07-26-2013 11:28 AM

I hope his agent has a good E&O policy because he is going to be sued.

LoneWolf 07-26-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 9835778)

To negotiate the contract and help write it in a way that it is legally binding. Not to play babysitter and make sure the dumbass player is reminded of a pretty big clause in the contract. I guarantee you that the agent let this guy know about the clause when the contract was negotiated.

LoneWolf 07-26-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9835788)
I hope his agent has a good E&O policy because he is going to be sued.

Sued for what?