ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The blatant hold on the safety play in SB... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269669)

BigCatDaddy 02-04-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300 Bowler (Post 9377398)
The non-call when Crabtree was held in the end zone was total bullshit. The announcers tried to justify the non-call by saying both guys were putting their hands on each other. To me it looked like Crabtree was held and was trying to fight off the guy holding him. That would have been the winning touchdown. I like the idea of letting guys play, but that doesn't mean you let the defense get away with murder. (Unless it's Ray Lewis, of course.) :-)

If the zebras are going to make that extremely questionable PI call that kept the Ravens drive alive that led to the winning field goal, they ought to at least be consistent.

Herm said on the radio this morning that once Crabtree ran into and iniated the contact with Williams that there was no way a flag was coming out.

gblowfish 02-04-2013 10:42 AM

Beyonce has big nipples.

jspchief 02-04-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9377291)
I agree that, normally, that should have been called. However, the refs in that game were clearly trying to let the players play and get out of the way, which I like. There were other similar no-calls earlier in the game, so I'm OK with that one not being called.

(And I was rooting for the 9ers for the record.)

I agree. It was a very well called game. The refs let the guys play.

The Bad Guy 02-04-2013 10:42 AM

The helmet to helmet contact on Crabtree on the end was awful.

Dartgod 02-04-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9377404)
Was it really catchable though?

I didn't think so. It landed pretty far OB. He could have caught it, but no way he gets two feet down in bounds.

The Bad Guy 02-04-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9377410)
I agree. It was a very well called game. The refs let the guys play.

Completely disagree that this was a well called game.

Rain Man 02-04-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300 Bowler (Post 9377398)
The non-call when Crabtree was held in the end zone was total bullshit. The announcers tried to justify the non-call by saying both guys were putting their hands on each other. To me it looked like Crabtree was held and was trying to fight off the guy holding him. That would have been the winning touchdown. I like the idea of letting guys play, but that doesn't mean you let the defense get away with murder. (Unless it's Ray Lewis, of course.) :-)

If the zebras are going to make that extremely questionable PI call that kept the Ravens drive alive that led to the winning field goal, they ought to at least be consistent.

Yeah, the more I watched that play, the 49ers should have gotten the call. That was far beyond normal contact.

I was wondering if the refs no-called it because the all was so overthrown, but if the receiver wasn't being blatantly held it might've been catchable It would've been a tough catch at best since it was overthrown a bit, but he would've had a shot.

BigCatDaddy 02-04-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9377404)
Was it really catchable though?

No doubt it was.

Rausch 02-04-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9377414)

So do I.

I do believe it was called as expected...

The Franchise 02-04-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

There were horrible calls all over the place.

ct 02-04-2013 10:49 AM

they should have been instructed to hold. you don't reset the clock for that penalty, so if SF accepts any holding penalty, they gain literally nothing and lose seconds off the clock. smart hold, very very smart.

MagicHef 02-04-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9377407)
Herm said on the radio this morning that once Crabtree ran into and iniated the contact with Williams that there was no way a flag was coming out.

Did Crabtree really initiate contact? Watching the replay, it looks like he touches the DB at almost the exact same time that the DB grabs him.

BigRedChief 02-04-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9377409)
Beyonce has big nipples.

welllll she does have a set of big knockers.

jspchief 02-04-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Should probably be more clear, I like a lot of the no-calls. The players decided the game, not the refs.

KChiefer 02-04-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9377444)
Did Crabtree really initiate contact? Watching the replay, it looks like he touches the DB at almost the exact same time that the DB grabs him.

Well, the jam started within 5 yds and I thought all grasping stopped by the time they hit the end zone. However, the DB still had his arms extended around the WR impede his progress while Crabtree was pushing off of the DB's helmet trying to get free.

I want to bitch about it kinda b/c I was pulling for the 49ers, but as has been said, drawing of a fade route with the game on the line is an awful idea. That said, BAL went blitz(yes?) and that's a good way to beat that. Same goes for the play earlier in the game when Kap threw a fade to Moss. BAL sells out, but Moss ran a slant which Kap couldn't hit b/c Reed was in the way. I was wondering if Moss just had a bad read and ran the wrong route.