ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Michael Sam gear @ "Shop Michael Sam" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282124)

htismaqe 03-12-2014 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10482920)
Hey everyone! See that dude over there! He's gay and he's telling you he's gay! Well, I don't care that he's gay! Everyone should just shut up about being gay! Quit drawing attention to it! And ignore that gay dude over there who says he's gay! Tell your friends and family so they can ignore him too!

Hey everyone! See that dude over there! He's a hypocrite and he's telling you he's a hypocrite! Well, I don't care that he's a hypocrite! Everyone should just shut up about being a hypocrite! Quit drawing attention to it! And ignore that hypocrite dude over there who says he's a hypocrite! Tell your friends and family so they can ignore him too!

loochy 03-12-2014 07:00 AM

The track and field community supports Sam

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...g_2299669e.jpg

WhiteWhale 03-12-2014 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10480090)
I especially love the segment for "Youth" shirts. Gotta get the youth involved in this. I really want my 10 year old son to wear that rainbow shirt to school.

You must be damn glad you didn't get exposed to gay when you were a kid, or else you'd be a cock addict now.

JFC. If someone wants to make a line of clothes to support him, then they can. This is America. Don't like it, move to Russia where this is illegal. You'd be right at home with your hero Putin anyway.

htismaqe 03-12-2014 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10483164)
You must be damn glad you didn't get exposed to gay when you were a kid, or else you'd be a cock addict now.

JFC. If someone wants to make a line of clothes to support him, then they can. This is America. Don't like it, move to Russia where this is illegal. You'd be right at home with your hero Putin anyway.

My problem isn't with Sam being gay.

Initially, I had a problem with the MEDIA.

Sam repeatedly said "I'm football player/I don't want this to be a distraction/I just wanted to get this out in the open and move on."

I actually thought it was GOOD of him to do that. It was the media that had to make it into something HE SAID he didn't want it to be.

And now he's doing this.

Obviously everything he said before was bullshit.

ThatRaceCardGuy 03-12-2014 07:40 AM

Why do you care?

BourbonMan 03-12-2014 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10483169)
My problem isn't with Sam being gay.

Initially, I had a problem with the MEDIA.

Sam repeatedly said "I'm football player/I don't want this to be a distraction/I just wanted to get this out in the open and move on."

I actually thought it was GOOD of him to do that. It was the media that had to make it into something HE SAID he didn't want it to be.

And now he's doing this.

Obviously everything he said before was bullshit.

^^^
THIS!!

houstonwhodat 03-12-2014 07:43 AM

For the record.

I have no problem with gay people, black people, Asian people or any other kinds of people.

I DO have a problem with people who think they deserve some special recognition or accomplishment because the belong to a certain race or sexual orientation.

htismaqe 03-12-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatguy (Post 10483176)
Why do you care?

Because football should be about football. Not political agendas.

Reaper16 03-12-2014 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 10483185)
For the record.

I have no problem with gay people, black people, Asian people or any other kinds of people.

Just because you lie about something "for the record" doesn't make it the truth.

Gravedigger 03-12-2014 08:07 AM

Gotta love making money off media hype. A tale as old as time.

Reaper16 03-12-2014 08:12 AM

This is actually a very similar problem to the one that made Sam decide to publicly come out in the first place: the desire to be in control of his image and narrative. See, there were already people/sites making Michael Sam merchandise w/o Sam's authorization, ostensibly out of demand.

What would you do in this situation? I mean, I realize that I'm asking way too much of you guys to be empathetic for two seconds of your lives, but really - what would you do if someone else was making money off of your name without your authorization? That capital rightly belongs to you, so shouldn't you go get it?

htismaqe 03-12-2014 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10483244)
What would you do in this situation? I mean, I realize that I'm asking way too much of you guys to be empathetic for two seconds of your lives, but really - what would you do if someone else was making money off of your name without your authorization? That capital rightly belongs to you, so shouldn't you go get it?

He said he wanted it to be a non-issue.

Sue them and force them to stop. And then let it be a non-issue.

WhiteWhale 03-12-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10483244)
This is actually a very similar problem to the one that made Sam decide to publicly come out in the first place: the desire to be in control of his image and narrative. See, there were already people/sites making Michael Sam merchandise w/o Sam's authorization, ostensibly out of demand.

What do you mean?

They don't care. They keep telling you they don't care. They express their outrage in every thread to signify their lack of cares. You're just not paying attention. Jeez. LMAO

htismaqe 03-12-2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10483259)
What do you mean?

They don't care. They keep telling you they don't care. They express their outrage in every thread to signify their lack of cares. You're just not paying attention. Jeez. LMAO

If you're talking about me, I never said I don't care.

I do care.

I don't want football to be politicized like everything else in this country.

RealSNR 03-12-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10483084)
Hey everyone! See that dude over there! He's a hypocrite and he's telling you he's a hypocrite! Well, I don't care that he's a hypocrite! Everyone should just shut up about being a hypocrite! Quit drawing attention to it! And ignore that hypocrite dude over there who says he's a hypocrite! Tell your friends and family so they can ignore him too!

I see your point about Sam's comments when he came out to the media, but people like Prison Bitch can't claim to be wholly objective about how gay people should just keep their sexuality to themselves while they throw a hissy fit and start threads whenever the discussion is taking place.

In this case, it wasn't even a media report. It was the merchandise section of Sam's own personal website (which ALL athletes have). That's what Prison Bitch reported.

If Prison Bitch wants gay people to shut up about their sexuality, then doesn't it make sense for Prison Bitch to also shut up about gay people?