ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Go Shocks!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141750)

OldTownChief 06-03-2006 12:21 PM

Go Shocks!!

BSB: Shockers Beat Houston, 2-1

NORMAN, Okla. - Wichita State (45-20) won the first game of the NCAA Norman Regional, defeating the Houston Cougars (39-21), 2-1.

Wichita State struck early in the first inning. Senior Kenny Waddell led off with a base hit, advanced to second on a sacrifice bunt by Josh Workman, and came around on a Matt Brown double.

WSU had runners in scoring position in the next four innings, including a bases loaded situation in the second, but could not manage to cross a run.

Houston knotted the score, 1-1, in the second inning. Pitcher Brad Lincoln hit a lead off infield single. A walk moved the runner to second and a double by Luis Flores plated one for the Cougars. Four scoreless innings for both sides followed. Houston threatened in the sixth with bases loaded and two outs, but a fly out ended the inning, the Shockers unscathed.

Wichita State regained the lead in the top of the seventh, 2-1. Workman drew a lead off walk and stole second base. Conor Gillaspie drove him in on a double down the right field line.

Brown and Gillaspie led the Shockers offensively, each with two hits and one RBI a piece. Lincoln was the only Cougar with a multiple-hit game and Flores had the team’s only RBI.

Freshman starter Aaron Shafer (11-3) threw seven complete innings, allowing one earned run and scattering six hits. Noah Booth went two innings of relief, giving up just one hit with two strikeouts.

Wichita State will take on the winner of tonight’s 7 p.m. game, tomorrow, Saturday, June 3, at 7 p.m. in Norman, Okla.

greg63 06-03-2006 12:35 PM

:toast:

OldTownChief 06-03-2006 06:54 PM

Shocks up on TCU 5-2 top of 3rd.

Moooo 06-03-2006 06:58 PM

I'm sorry, but y'alls baseball field is funny, how it switches from turf in the infield to grass in the outfield. Seems like a good idea, but that's still weird.

Moooo

OldTownChief 06-03-2006 07:43 PM

Shocks up on TCU 8-3 bottom 5th.

ChiefsCountry 06-03-2006 07:47 PM

Shockers suck.

OldTownChief 06-03-2006 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moooo
I'm sorry, but y'alls baseball field is funny, how it switches from turf in the infield to grass in the outfield. Seems like a good idea, but that's still weird.

Moooo

WSU has one of the finest collage BB facilities in the country.

OldTownChief 06-03-2006 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
Shockers suck.

What's that say for TCU? Now 9-3.

Moooo 06-03-2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTownChief
WSU has one of the finest collage BB facilities in the country.

So be it. I still like Hammons Field for the MSU games. Its so nice.

But I've never been to a game over there, it just looks weird on TV.

Moooo

OldTownChief 06-03-2006 08:20 PM

16-3

RNR 06-03-2006 08:22 PM

Quote:

16-3

Cool whats up OldTown? long time no type

OldTownChief 06-03-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider
Cool whats up OldTown? long time no type

Not much tonight, just nursing a hell of a hangover. Won the three ball tourny last night and over celebrated with the winnings.

RNR 06-03-2006 08:28 PM

Quote:

Not much tonight, just nursing a hell of a hangover. Won the three ball tourny last night and over celebrated with the winnings.

Thats a drag I am getting ready to go out and cut the rug, we will have to hook up sometime

OldTownChief 06-03-2006 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider
Thats a drag I am getting ready to go out and cut the rug, we will have to hook up sometime

Heck yeah. Anytime (except tonight).

RNR 06-03-2006 08:41 PM

Quote:

Heck yeah. Anytime (except tonight).

One of these weekends I will shoot you a pm and we will hook up.