ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Rison: "I play for the Oakland Raiders, and to (heck) with the Kansas City Chiefs." (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290)

KCWolfman 08-21-2000 11:09 PM

My opinion mayor maynot be a popular one, but I have never seen reason for vulgarity.

There are some words that are relatively harmless, and there are others that have different levels of meaning to different generations.

If I have a vote, I say no vulgarity. Period.

Luz
prefers a classy bb...

Ugly Duck 08-21-2000 11:12 PM

morphius: sorry, I couldn't resist an opportunity to be sarcastic.

But seriously, I see your point. However, I think the Chiefs knew ahead of time they were going to cut Rison, so he probably hasn't seen much of anything we'll be using in the regular season(other than your standard runs, etc.). Plus, if you've noticed, a lot of the plays we've run in the pre-season will probably not be used in the regular season. It looks like there has been a lot of experimenting and evaluating. I don't think Gunther wanted to tip his hand, if you will.

mikey23545 08-21-2000 11:16 PM

One example of how not to be censored:

If you feel the need to drop an "F" bomb, just start the word with "ph" instead.

Ugly Duck 08-21-2000 11:17 PM

To follow up GM Luz:

I find that most people that use vulgarity only do it because they can't think of anything more intelligent to say.

Now, if anyone has a problem with me saying that . . . well &%$# you! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

<BR>

The-Man 08-21-2000 11:17 PM

TBT - I could read the sarcasm dripping from the post, gave me a little giggle. I think a good amount of what we did will show up in the regular season, but I know we still have only seen a couple runs by TRich, which seems odd.

Luz - I agree.

j molina 08-22-2000 05:33 AM

I can think of at least 5 reasons why I won't miss Rison...
1 - Off the field troubles/cancer
2 - Younger guys get to play
3 - He can pout all he wants to in Chokeland when he don't get the ball
4 - He's older than dirt/slower than pond water
5 - He'll have the opportunity to perform in the excellent manner for the Faiders that he did for us last year (what was it 21 catches for......0 TD'S?)

TheBigChief 08-22-2000 05:40 AM

Anybody want to buy a Rison-Chief jersey? hehehe I don't think his presence will provide anything more than off the field embarrisment for Oakland (practically what that franchise is for). He must have given Big Al a boner or something. We heard his whole thing about being in the best shape of his life LAST year. Maybe he plans on topping his performance with 20catches and 1td.

j molina 08-22-2000 05:47 AM

One problem though...he probably folded up the playbook and took it with him to Oakland (in his shirt pocket). Now the Faiders will know BOTH of JRayes plays......DOH!

TheFly 08-22-2000 06:07 AM

Is he still claiming his best WR in the NFL title?

Like TBT said, this guy hasnt done jack in two years.

[This message has been edited by KCTitus (edited 08-22-2000).]

kcmax 08-22-2000 07:35 AM

Rison has been, in the last several years, the master of the 5 yd. reception. He's got no wheels anymore. This will be a move we will celebrate for years. The fact that he went to the Raiduhs makes it all that much more satisfying to be able to punish his scrawny bottom 2x/yr (albeit, he will be out of the NFL after 2000, IMO)

wutamess 08-22-2000 07:45 AM

Dale Carter didn't help the Broncs beat us...so I don't think Rison will help the Raiders beat us...besides by time he plays here he'll probably be in jail...there is a lot of trouble he can get into in California...

Now, if he has a great year, will everyone, even the ones that wanted him gone, start saying CP made mistake...probably, but realistically Rison has maybe two or three years left...less if he keeps getting in trouble...and I like the idea of getting Lockett and Parker and Morris some time...Rison would have been our starter at the expense of the development of the young guys....**** Rison...and the horse he rode in on...

------------------
joe
"I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car." (j. handy)

The-Man 08-22-2000 07:47 AM

58 forever is Joe Jr, correct?

Morphius
Quest to be a non-lurker.

Dr. Red 08-22-2000 11:23 AM

Well when you figure it out, please let me know.

ct 08-22-2000 11:40 AM

Rison blows.

My guess is he'll have one catch in two games against us.

I have said from the start of camp we should be getting rid of him. I can't stand multi millionaires that can't get themselves into shape unless they are motivated by the unemployment line.

Kurt Surber 08-22-2000 11:44 AM

It will be intressting to see if he keeps up his spider man act.