ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Amazon Prime Music (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284313)

srvy 06-12-2014 01:41 PM

Amazon Prime Music

Just received this in a e-mail. yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dear Customers,

A little more than 3 years ago we launched Prime Instant Video, adding unlimited streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows to the existing Prime benefit of Free Two-Day Shipping. It has turned out to be one of the most important things we've done for Amazon Prime members. Today, we are doing it again for music — introducing Prime Music, the newest benefit of Prime membership.

With Prime Music, you can listen ad-free to over a million songs and hundreds of expert-programmed Prime Playlists. Prime Music includes tens of thousands of albums from top artists like Daft Punk, P!nk, Bruno Mars, Blake Shelton, The Lumineers, Bruce Springsteen and Madonna. And we'll be adding more music all the time. Here's a list of popular artists in Prime Music.

In designing Prime Music, we wanted to remove the barriers between you and the music you love. We removed cost. You can listen to the entire Prime Music catalog for free — it's included in your Prime membership. We removed interruptions. Don't worry about having your music constantly disrupted by ads... you won't hear any. We removed listening restrictions. Choose exactly what song to listen to, repeat your favorite song over and over again, or download music to your phone or tablet to listen offline.

Finally, we removed one more barrier — deciding what to listen to. Just play any of the hundreds of Prime Playlists our music experts have created for you. Check out the Prime Playlists here.

Prime members in the US can start listening to Prime Music today at www.primemusic.com. Kindle Fire HD/HDX devices will get Prime Music in an automatic, over-the-air update. You can also download the latest Amazon Music app in the Android and iOS appstores.

mikeyis4dcats. 06-12-2014 02:39 PM

sweet

srvy 06-12-2014 02:41 PM

yep
Glad I didnt cancel after the price increase.

Frosty 06-12-2014 03:19 PM

Been playing with this today. Pretty cool but I'm getting a lot of buffering pauses. I don't have the greatest internet speeds but Pandora has zero issues. :shrug:

007 06-12-2014 10:24 PM

worthless on the iphone 4s. All the app does is crash.

WilliamTheIrish 06-28-2014 12:04 AM

This outstanding on both my iPad4, galaxy tab and Note 2 phone.

mikeyis4dcats. 06-28-2014 09:38 PM

a little underwhelmed by the catalog to be honest, but I assume that will grow.

htismaqe 06-30-2014 12:33 PM

My kids love it. They use it on their PCs and iPod Touch's.

Wife uses it on her S4.

Frosty 06-30-2014 01:07 PM

One thing that gripes me about this is Amazon now lists anything that's eligible for Prime Music at a cost of $0.00. That means that if you do a search for free music, everything in Prime Music now shows up.

It may be free to listen to as streaming music but it ain't free to own. :#

Omaha 07-01-2014 10:40 AM

When I first saw this I thought they were adding a service similar to Spotify. Nope. Selection is pretty worthless to me. I still love Amazon Prime for the shipping, but the movies and music are usually a waste of time.

htismaqe 07-02-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 10725673)
When I first saw this I thought they were adding a service similar to Spotify. Nope. Selection is pretty worthless to me. I still love Amazon Prime for the shipping, but the movies and music are usually a waste of time.

We watch a lot of TV shows now that we don't have cable/satellite. For us, Amazon actually has a slightly better selection over Netflix.

Buehler445 07-02-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10727404)
We watch a lot of TV shows now that we don't have cable/satellite. For us, Amazon actually has a slightly better selection over Netflix.

Amazon getting the hbo shows is huge.

WilliamTheIrish 07-02-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10727404)

As I begin to the stage of breaking away from overpriced pay tv service, my hope is Amazon continues to procure content.

I like the service and from what I've discovered, when you break away from pay tv/cable, it hurts until you realize it don't hurt no more.

htismaqe 07-02-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10727457)
As I begin to the stage of breaking away from overpriced pay tv service, my hope is Amazon continues to procure content.

I like the service and from what I've discovered, when you break away from pay tv/cable, it hurts until you realize it don't hurt no more.

I've honestly found myself watching much more TV than I did in the past. We went from 200 channels to 20 and my TV watching doubled.

I attribute this to the fact that when we had satellite, I NEVER watched network television. The news and football games, that was it.

I've really gotten into "Criminal Minds" and "Psych" both of which are syndicated on our only local station (ION). I completely missed both of them the first time around so it's given me quite a bit of content to catch up on.

My mother-in-law is the real winner here. She watched more TV than any of us because she watches at night before bed. She was the most resistant to getting rid of satellite and now she watches more Netflix and Amazon than the rest of us in the house combined.

WilliamTheIrish 07-02-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10727522)
I've honestly found myself watching much more TV than I did in the past. We went from 200 channels to 20 and my TV watching doubled.

I attribute this to the fact that when we had satellite, I NEVER watched network television. The news and football games, that was it.

I've really gotten into "Criminal Minds" and "Psych" both of which are syndicated on our only local station (ION). I completely missed both of them the first time around so it's given me quite a bit of content to catch up on.

My mother-in-law is the real winner here. She watched more TV than any of us because she watches at night before bed. She was the most resistant to getting rid of satellite and now she watches more Netflix and Amazon than the rest of us in the house combined.

Parker,

How do you deal with the "loss" of say live college sports? I love watching Big XII (KSU) and most of the games I want to watch are on some sort 'tiered' channel.