ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   SNR's Chiefs mock draft (based on the CP mock) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271754)

RealSNR 04-03-2013 10:07 PM

SNR's Chiefs mock draft (based on the CP mock)

I was drafting for the Chiefs in the CP mock, so if some people don't check up on it, they might be curious how it went for the Red and Gold under the leadership of GM SNR.

Comments and criticisms welcome. Light me up if you wish. I made a couple picks that I'm now second-guessing. One particular pick I'm pretty meh about. Do remember that these picks were made against 15 other draft minds. No, I didn't draft Quinton Patton in the 5th round, and that's because he wasn't ****ing there. I got the rug pulled out from under me several times by these talented assholes.

So yes, this is somewhat of a special Chiefs mock compared to what normally gets put out. It's not everyday you're compiling a full 7 rounds of Chiefs picks with this kind of deep and calculated expectation of where the players will lie. I guess you could say it's closer to the real thing, and maybe a reason why 99% of the NFL teams out there are rarely able to put out the "quality" drafts that get written up on fan forums. And it's also why these draft experiments like the CP mock and the Alt mock are ****ing awesome.

1.1 Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia- For obvious reasons that I've talked about before, positional value and skill level in addition to team need were all taken into account and fused into this decision. He ended up being the BPA on my board.

3.1 Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama- I was also considering Bacarri Rambo and Jon Bostic here-- two players that filled greater need, with one of them being a ****ing steal (Rambo). I ended up going with Jones, a player who can be that last missing piece to our offensive line wherever it may be. GM SNR has no interest whatsoever in trading Albert, and would love to sign him to an extension, but in the case that it may not happen, Jones is the best remaining player who can start for a team at LT and immediately be good. Additionally, Hudson and Allen are still question marks, and Andy Reid claims he's all about playing the best 5 linemen he can find. Well, if you're going to do that, get a Bruce Matthews who can play any position to make that philosophy easier to implement.

3.COMP Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama- This was the pick I was yuck about. Jon Bostic was a few picks away from dropping to me, which would have sealed this draft away as an instant win. Since he was taken, I think I panicked a bit and took Johnson, who will basically replace Belcher exactly as he was-- a Mike backer who can play close to the line of scrimmage but sucks in coverage. If I could have a do-over, I would have taken Brandon Williams from Missouri Southern to really widen out the depth and potential of our defensive line. Ah well. It's not a terrible pick, just not a great one.

4.2 John Simon, DE/OLB, Ohio State- Lots of guys didn't like this pick, but ****'em. I love Simon. Williams was still available, but I was getting concerned about the quality of OLBs going into the 5th round when I'd be picking next, and I was pretty sure he'd be gone. Every GM has a player they reach on a bit because they love, and I'm no different I guess. But boy, what Simon could do for us is really worth it, I'm telling you. Extremely intelligent, tough as nails, and ultra aggressive. He plays "angry" which is the kind of attitude everybody on this defense needs to take a page from. Insane motor as well. We no longer have to worry about Hali missing time for smoking dope. His replacement is here. Also, Dave Toub is going to masturbate at night imagining him on special teams.

5.1 Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State- Here's where I started to get my groove back. There are only a handful of RBs that I really would bother to draft in this class, and Bell is one of them. This is the pick that started a huge run on the positon, with Joseph Randle, Stepfan Taylor, Knile Davis, Christine Michael, and Kenjon Barner all going in the next 20 picks. He's Andy's ideal back. He blocks, catches, and has enough talent to carry the rock as a workhorse if necessary (which isn't likely, but hey, you never know). And if you doubt me on taking him over the speedier Randle, Michael, and Barner, just watch him play. The dude’s a bowling ball, and was used to carrying that terrible Michigan State offense kicking and screaming into scoring drives. He’s absolutely 100% the “right” Chiefs pick. If the right 53 philosophy has any real-life examples at all, this is ****ing it. He’s a fit, and at an incredible value.

6.1 Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas- With Robert Lester being stolen right from underneath me the very pick before, this time I didn’t crack under pressure . There were some pretty awesome names still up on the board at CB in Josh Johnson, Tharold Simon, and Brandon McGee, not to mention some other great TEs like Joseph Fauria and Michael Williams. I took Gragg for his speed and soft hands. He’s the ideal west coast TE that Reid will use. Has accumulated some bumps and bruises, but it appears nothing too major. If he’s not Brokeaki, the Chiefs just acquired a serious weapon for Alex Geno Smith to play with.

6.COMP AJ Francis, DT/DE, Maryland- Love this pick. At 6’3 300 with long arms, he’s not the sexiest cow in the herd, but he’s very much ideal as a 3-4 DE. While other teams were snatching up as many small school sleepers as they could (I drafted a few myself for the Packers) here was a player that had a nose for getting into the backfield and making huge plays in his sophomore and senior seasons. His 40 time wasn’t great (5.06) but hey, it’s the 6th round. The point is the guy was putting up very nice stats at an ACC school and has the physical specs to play a big role for us, if he’s up to the challenge. That’s what the 6th round is for.

7.1 Duke Williams, S, Nevada- The cherry on top. Again, a guy who did nothing but make plays for a rising Nevada program since Kaepernick falls to us. He has the type of ceiling that might make him a legit starter. Can’t pass those guys up in the 7th round.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-04-2013 08:56 AM

I never told you this in the thread, but Bell is a ****ing incredible value in the 5th round. It's 2 full rounds of value, if not more. There are some out there arguing Bell is the best back coming out of this class. Of course you know how much I love your 1st round pick. I personally had both Fauria and Williams earmarked, but Fauria should've been your choice. I wish he was mine, but ChiefsCountry snatched him up before I could. Fauria has the ability to be really ****ing special at the next level. I mean really special. JMO.

chiefscafan 04-04-2013 09:30 AM

I love bell too not sure bout nico hard worker just don't think he is the playmaker we need. Love jones versatility, I guess rest of picks are all right I like geno but can't see chiefs trading for smith and drafting him, I'd lOve them too just not sure.

Overall not bad.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-04-2013 09:43 AM

Another thing about Fauria a lot of folks may not remember. There is some family pedigree there. His Uncle, I believe that is the relation anyways, Christian Fauria had a nice career with the Seattle Seahawks.

chiefscafan 04-04-2013 10:03 AM

I like fauria too does no one have confidence in moaki??

RealSNR 04-04-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9555928)
I like fauria too does no one have confidence in moaki??

Can't help the club in the tub

chiefscafan 04-04-2013 10:17 AM

Here I'm gonna look at your draft and figure out who I'd pick in those positions love bell but also if he falls would love to take a flyer on Latimore.

1st Qb Geno smith WVU

3rd OL Barrett Jones Alabama

3rd DB Tyrann Matheiu LSU

4th ILB Kiko Alonso Oregon

5th RB Le'veon Bell Michigan State

6th WR Marcus Davis Va tech

6th DE Michael Capatano Princeton

7th WR Jasper Collins Mount Union

chiefscafan 04-04-2013 10:19 AM

Matheiu and Alonso have character concerns but both are playmakers and that's what this team needs.

Direckshun 04-04-2013 12:11 PM

QB: Smith, Daniel, Smith
RB: Charles, Gray, Bell, Droughn
FB: D'Imperio

WR: Bowe, Baldwin, McCluster, Avery, McCluster
TE: Moeaki, Fasano, Gragg

LT: Albert, Stephenson
LG: Hudson, Schwartz
C: Jones, Hudson
RG: Asamoah, Schwartz
RT: Allen, Stephenson

DE: DeVito, Bailey
NT: Poe, Powe, Toribio
DE: Jackson, Francis

OLB: Hali, Jones, Zombo
ILB: Johnson, Sturdivant
ILB: Johnson, Greenwood
OLB: Houston, Simon

CB: Flowers, Smith, Robinson, Arenas, Menzie
S: Berry, Abdullah, Lewis, Williams

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford

Direckshun 04-04-2013 12:12 PM

Here's a drill for SNR:

Imagine we trade down from 1.1 to 1.4, acquiring the Eagles' 2nd rounder (and future picks).

Also, imagine Albert's been traded for you for the Dolphins' 2nd rounder (and future picks).

Based on how the CP Mock has played out, do you draft different? Who do you draft?

Nightfyre 04-04-2013 04:22 PM

It's not a sexy mock, but looking at Direckshun's roster, it really rounds it out well. John Simon is a guy who will make it in the league on his work ethic alone.

RealSNR 04-04-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9556327)
Here's a drill for SNR:

Imagine we trade down from 1.1 to 1.4, acquiring the Eagles' 2nd rounder (and future picks).

Also, imagine Albert's been traded for you for the Dolphins' 2nd rounder (and future picks).

Based on how the CP Mock has played out, do you draft different? Who do you draft?

I'd probably go

1.4 Eric Fisher
2.3 Datone Jones
2.11 Kevin Minter

Which allows me to change up my 3rd round a bit. I'd probably still take Barrett Jones at 3.1, but if not, then it'd probably go

3.1 Bacarri Rambo or Quinton Patton. Haven't given it much thought.
3.COMP Ugh... I don't ****ing know... Brandon Williams would probably still be at the top of the board, so I'd have to go with him.

And the rest would remain as is.

Definitely going full true fan. I'm not a big enough fan of Matt Scott to slip him in the 3rd/4th turnaround. This is a case where I curse the guy who put me in this situation and make him sink or swim with Alex and Chase. He doesn't get any chocolate.