ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Teos made up gf (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268978)

Titty Meat 01-16-2013 03:29 PM

Teos made up gf

http://m.deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

DJ's left nut 01-16-2013 03:30 PM

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ium=socialflow

L.A. Chieffan 01-16-2013 03:30 PM

Wut

DJ's left nut 01-16-2013 03:31 PM

It's extremely long so I didn't post the article to the thread, but it's pretty damning. They make some conclusions that they hammer home based on conjecture and there's a couple of leaps based on inferences (or failed inferences, as it were), but it's a blistering report.

Reaper16 01-16-2013 03:32 PM

This thread needs a clearer title.

This is a serious piece of reporting by Deadspin. It alleges that Te'o's deceased girlfriend never existed. She was an imagined thing intended to increase Te'o's media exposure.

Rambozo 01-16-2013 03:32 PM

If I were going to make up a girlfriend, she would love football and be hot and nasty in the sack. She wouldn't die from something.

Titty Meat 01-16-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9325561)
This thread needs a clearer title.

This is a serious piece of reporting by Deadspin. It alleges that Te'o's deceased girlfriend never existed. She was an imagined thing intended to increase Te'o's media exposure.

This thread rules.

O.city 01-16-2013 03:34 PM

Good thing he didn't win the Heisman.

RockChalk 01-16-2013 03:34 PM

I had never even heard about his supposed dead girlfriend, so the media didn't really play it up much. At least not in the news I read or watch

Hammock Parties 01-16-2013 03:34 PM

#1 pick

Skyy God 01-16-2013 03:35 PM

I'm sure noted videographer murderer Brian Kelly was somehow involved.

Hammock Parties 01-16-2013 03:35 PM

LMAO. T'eo is a con artist and loving it.

Quote:

As of this writing, Te'o's Twitter profile carries a quotation from Alexandre Dumas's The Count of Monte Cristo, the great adventure novel about a man in disguise.

Life is a storm.. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.

O.city 01-16-2013 03:36 PM

So, take him in the 4th round?

DJ's left nut 01-16-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9325580)
I had never even heard about his supposed dead girlfriend, so the media didn't really play it up much. At least not in the news I read or watch

Did you watch any college football this year? Especially leading up to the title game.

This was a huge story all year. Hell, the 'death' happened mid-season.

This is as rattling a shot as I've taken as a sports fan for quite awhile. This was a pretty major story among the college football faithful and as it turns out it may just be one massive, elaborate hoax.

But here's the good news - TE'O AT 2.2!!!!!

Demonpenz 01-16-2013 03:37 PM

She never existed....kind of like his coverage sklls.

Titty Meat 01-16-2013 03:39 PM

Who are the dumbasses who wanted this guy #1? Post there names in here.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-16-2013 03:40 PM

Makes sense. I was amazed at how invisible this girl was.

RockChalk 01-16-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9325599)
Did you watch any college football this year? Especially leading up to the title game.

This was a huge story all year. Hell, the 'death' happened mid-season.

This is as rattling a shot as I've taken as a sports fan for quite awhile. This was a pretty major story among the college football faithful and as it turns out it may just be one massive, elaborate hoax.

But here's the good news - TE'O AT 2.2!!!!!

Damn...I did watch quite a bit, but I really didn't follow Notre Dame all that much. Nor did I watch any lead-up to the title game, mainly because I don't care for Bama or ND, plus I didn't think it would be a good game.

Mr. Laz 01-16-2013 03:41 PM

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18bp...jpg/xlarge.jpg hoaxes
Jan 16, 2013 4:10 PM

Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax
Timothy Burke and Jack Dickey

Notre Dame's Manti Te'o, the stories said, played this season under a terrible burden. A Mormon linebacker who led his Catholic school's football program back to glory, Te'o was whipsawed between personal tragedies along the way. In the span of six hours in September, as Sports Illustrated told it, Te'o learned first of the death of his grandmother, Annette Santiago, and then of the death of his girlfriend, Lennay Kekua.

Kekua, 22 years old, had been in a serious car accident in California, and then had been diagnosed with leukemia. SI's Pete Thamel described how Te'o would phone her in her hospital room and stay on the line with her as he slept through the night. "Her relatives told him that at her lowest points, as she fought to emerge from a coma, her breathing rate would increase at the sound of his voice," Thamel wrote.

Upon receiving the news of the two deaths, Te'o went out and led the Fighting Irish to a 20-3 upset of Michigan State, racking up 12 tackles. It was heartbreaking and inspirational. Te'o would appear on ESPN's College GameDay to talk about the letters Kekua had written him during her illness. He would send a heartfelt letter to the parents of a sick child, discussing his experience with disease and grief. The South Bend Tribune wrote an article describing the young couple's fairytale meeting—she, a Stanford student; he, a Notre Dame star—after a football game outside Palo Alto.

Did you enjoy the uplifiting story, the tale of a man who responded to adversity by becoming one of the top players of the game? If so, stop reading.

Manti Te'o did lose his grandmother this past fall. Annette Santiago died on Sept. 11, 2012, at the age of 72, according to Social Security Administration records in Nexis. But there is no SSA record there of the death of Lennay Marie Kekua, that day or any other. Her passing, recounted so many times in the national media, produces no obituary or funeral announcement in Nexis, and no mention in the Stanford student newspaper.

Nor is there any report of a severe auto accident involving a Lennay Kekua. Background checks turn up nothing. The Stanford registrar's office has no record that a Lennay Kekua ever enrolled. There is no record of her birth in the news. Outside of a few Twitter and Instagram accounts, there's no online evidence that Lennay Kekua ever existed.

The photographs identified as Kekua—in online tributes and on TV news reports—are pictures from the social-media accounts of a 22-year-old California woman who is not named Lennay Kekua. She is not a Stanford graduate; she has not been in a severe car accident; and she does not have leukemia. And she has never met Manti Te'o.

cont at website ...

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ason-is-a-hoax

mikeyis4dcats. 01-16-2013 03:41 PM

wow

DJ's left nut 01-16-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9325613)

I said I'd trade up into the late teens for him (using our 2nd and maybe next year's 2nd).

Then I watched him get face-raped by Alabama and now his sterling 'character' that made him such an intriguing option as a MLB is certainly facing some questions.

You win some, you lose some....I damn sure seem to have lost this one.

O.city 01-16-2013 03:43 PM

So who formulated all this? Did ESPN, CBS, ABC, NBC etc not do any of their homework on this?

DJ's left nut 01-16-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9325647)
So who formulated all this? Did ESPN, CBS, ABC, NBC etc not do any of their homework on this?

Does ESPN ever do any homework on anything?

ESPN is little more than the TMZ of the sports world these days. Deadspin and Yahoo Sports are the only two sources of sports info that seem to put any effort into it these days.

Demonpenz 01-16-2013 03:45 PM

some ND suit probably thought it up after that student went Tom Petty off that boom truck last year.

Titty Meat 01-16-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9325645)
I said I'd trade up into the late teens for him (using our 2nd and maybe next year's 2nd).

Then I watched him get face-raped by Alabama and now his sterling 'character' that made him such an intriguing option as a MLB is certainly facing some questions.

You win some, you lose some....I damn sure seem to have lost this one.

Nah man its different at 14 opposed to taking a MLB #1 overall.

O.city 01-16-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9325655)

ESPN is little more than the TMZ of the sports world these days. Deadspin and Yahoo Sports are the only two sources of sports info that seem to put any effort into it these days.

Yeah, but Christ, NBC ran a whole segment on the thing. Surely SOMEONE had to ask a few questions.

If this is all true, hell, he might not get drafted.

L.A. Chieffan 01-16-2013 03:46 PM

MIND BLOWN

The Franchise 01-16-2013 03:48 PM

I don't even know what to say.....but if it's true (and it's looking like it is).....then what a waste of a ****ing human being.

DeezNutz 01-16-2013 03:48 PM

Te'o probably feels like he's trying to tackle Lacy again.

Thig Lyfe 01-16-2013 03:49 PM

The right 53?

Titty Meat 01-16-2013 03:50 PM

Somone needs to dig up dirt on Jockel so all the true fans will finally convert to Geno.

Ceej 01-16-2013 03:50 PM

Another reason to dislike Notre Dame.

Nice.

DeezNutz 01-16-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9325659)
some ND suit probably thought it up after that student went Tom Petty off that boom truck last year.

lol.

BigCatDaddy 01-16-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9325613)

Burt's Bro.

KCUnited 01-16-2013 03:51 PM

Prior to making up the story, KCPD let him walk on a potential DUI.

Rasputin 01-16-2013 03:51 PM

Draft stock
http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/w...rket_crash.jpg

Phobia 01-16-2013 03:53 PM

Katherine Webb > Lennay Kekua

HolyHat 01-16-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9325605)
She never existed....kind of like his coverage sklls.

:clap:

DJ's left nut 01-16-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9325679)
Te'o probably feels like he's trying to tackle Lacy again.

ROFLROFL

Damn. I feel bad for laughing. I really liked Te'o a lot as a competitor and a person.

I really hope there's a gap in the system here somewhere and it gets explained away.

warpaint* 01-16-2013 03:56 PM

I'm speechless. I somewhat don't believe it. I mean not really I'm just so shocked by it.

I am immediately reminded of that kid from out west that ended up playing D2 football IIRC who fabricated having offers to like Ore, Cal, and I forget where else and then orchestrated a televised commitment announcement at his high school claiming to commit to one of the schools that had never heard of him.

It's like.......seriously dude what the heck is wrong w/ you

Phobia 01-16-2013 03:56 PM

I once had a FB friend who used to lament how women hated him and he could never find any girl who would give him the time of day. Suddenly he was in a relationship with a 9.8 who had just joined facebook. They would post all kinds of lovebird shit to one another all day long and she would populate her timeline with sexy pictures of herself but never one with him. After a couple of days of this, I accused him of fabricating her. He immediately defriended me and has never spoken to me again. I don't know if they're still "together" or not.

Hammock Parties 01-16-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9325723)
I once had a FB friend who used to lament how women hated him and he could never find any girl who would give him the time of day. Suddenly he was in a relationship with a 9.8 who had just joined facebook. They would post all kinds of lovebird shit to one another all day long and she would populate her timeline with sexy pictures of herself but never one with him. After a couple of days of this, I accused him of fabricating her. He immediately defriended me and has never spoken to me again. I don't know if they're still "together" or not.

SHE'S REAL I SWEAR

Titty Meat 01-16-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Clay?

ChiefsCountry 01-16-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9325655)

Don't lump ESPN in with TMZ, TMZ actually breaks stories and reports.

warpaint* 01-16-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

What is the end game?

For that matter what is the incentive?

A grown up adult indulging in some quasi fantasy land in public.

I just can't wrap my mind around stuff like this.

Hammock Parties 01-16-2013 04:00 PM

http://i.imgur.com/7G95n.gif

Rasputin 01-16-2013 04:01 PM

It's how you play the game that matters
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/a...y-fairplay.jpg

O.city 01-16-2013 04:02 PM

Guess we know why he declined to go to the SR bowl.

Reaper16 01-16-2013 04:03 PM

Te'o is lying, manipulative, obsessed with his perception, & borderline-sociopathic. Scott Pioli would have drafted him #1 overall.

DaneMcCloud 01-16-2013 04:03 PM

ROFL

BigCatDaddy 01-16-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9325739)
What is the end game?

Probably dozens of chicks now wishing death on the hot girl so they can get a crack at him. Women are funny that way.

Titty Meat 01-16-2013 04:04 PM

Atleast we know hes a LB who wont kill his gf.

GoChargers 01-16-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

What is the end game?

To win a Heisman that he never deserved simply based on his (overrated) play... luckily, he didn't end up reaching that goal.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-16-2013 04:07 PM

This has to be bullshit, right? Right? I can't even imagine this...

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-16-2013 04:08 PM

Bruce Feldman‏@BFeldmanCBS

I'm told Notre Dame will have an official comment on the Deadspin Manti Te'o story shortly.

SPchief 01-16-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

What is the end game?

Win a Heisman and raise his draft stock thru emotion. Bad news is it's gonna hurt it now.

DJ's left nut 01-16-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9325767)
Bruce Feldman‏@BFeldmanCBS

I'm told Notre Dame will have an official comment on the Deadspin Manti Te'o story shortly.

"We would like to announce that we have reached an agreement on a contract extension with Brian Kelly! Wake up the Echos!!!

And Manti Te'o was dating the Easter bunny...sorry 'bout that"

warpaint* 01-16-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9325761)
This has to be bullshit, right? Right? I can't even imagine this...

LOL I know that's what I keep thinking.

It's like.....yoooou gotta be freakin' kidding me.

Bowser 01-16-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9325747)
Te'o is lying, manipulative, obsessed with his perception, & borderline-sociopathic. Scott ***** would have drafted him #1 overall.

This is worthy of a quote.

It cannot be understated that if Pioli were still here that there would have been a great chance we would have taken him #1 overall. Pioli would have even used this story as how "haters are gonna hate" with HIS guy, or somesuch.

Yeah, Domer. You can keep this guy and his inability to make a play in huge games.

FD 01-16-2013 04:12 PM

The article says all her pictures and such were faked by this other guy in California. Is it possible he and Te'o were lovers and they made up a girl to hide being gay?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-16-2013 04:12 PM

I swear if this is true, he is going to fall to the 4th ****ing round.

SPchief 01-16-2013 04:13 PM

heh, I'm in tears reading twitter right now. Everyone is nailing this.

DeezNutz 01-16-2013 04:13 PM

I give this a 0% chance of being bullshit.

If someone tried to tarnish my name this severely and this publicly, I'd have an equally visible platform within about two seconds to debunk a hateful and hurtful "story."

HolyHat 01-16-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FD (Post 9325781)
The article says all her pictures and such were faked by this other guy in California. Is it possible he and Te'o were lovers and they made up a girl to hide being gay?

Thats what I thought too ROFL

Bowser 01-16-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9325782)
I swear if this is true, he is going to fall to the 4th ****ing round.

Nah. Belichick would take him in the second.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-16-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

The Tuiasosopo family is well known in the Seattle area. Marques was a great UW QB. Guy rushed for 200 yards and passed for 300 in a Pac-10 game. He's beloved. The whole family is. Crazy.

Titty Meat 01-16-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Trapped in the closet twitter style!

Reaper16 01-16-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

:hmmm:

Skyy God 01-16-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

The thought also crossed my mind.

Beards gotta be real, kids.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-16-2013 04:15 PM

Pro Football Weekly‏@ProFootballWkly

RT @SIPeteThamel: ND releases statement that says Te'o was victim of a hoax: "a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators."

Demonpenz 01-16-2013 04:16 PM

anyone else sit through the bullshit fluff pieces and thought there was alittle something wrong with it? I kind of thought it was ****ed up now when I think back.

Skyy God 01-16-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9325799)

RT @SIPeteThamel: ND releases statement that says Te'o was victim of a hoax: "a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators."

Riiiiight.

Bowser 01-16-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

A gay Mormon going to a Catholic school is outed when dead girlfriend is found out to be a faked identity.

Sounds like some shit you could watch on Spike TV.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-16-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Oh, GTFO. Notre Dame is in scramble mode. This is un****ingbelievable...

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-16-2013 04:17 PM

Keith Britton‏@KeithBritton86

ND Statement on Te'o: "Notre Dame coaches informed Dec 26 by Manti Te’o & parents Manti had been victim of what appears to be a hoax"

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-16-2013 04:18 PM

Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel

ND: "Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died.

HolyHat 01-16-2013 04:18 PM

As longs as AJs girl is still real everything is fine...

Mr. Flopnuts 01-16-2013 04:18 PM

"Man this seems awful tight..." /HOAX

DeezNutz 01-16-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

He used to **** a figment of his imagination? Damn, we've all been victimized.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-16-2013 04:18 PM

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown
University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President