ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Dad Calls Cops on Son to Teach Him a Lesson, Cops Shoot Son Dead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278417)

Prison Bitch 11-08-2013 09:59 AM

If more are killed, it's because there are more dumbasses who run from them and endanger others and try to confront them etc etc.

Eleazar 11-08-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 10169574)
I'd be curious to see the numbers. Are more killed by police or does the intrawebs make it seem that way?

There's 0 chance I'd have known about this story if not for the interwebs

CoMoChief 11-08-2013 10:04 AM

Cops all over the nation are being trained that US citizens are the terrorists...and that we shouldn't have guns because we all want to kill cops. It's a horrid "us" versus "them" mentality and they even teach this shit from the very beginning in intro "criminal justice" classes. More and more we're seeing a police state ran by criminal gangs with badges where they arrest people because they get off on it because most of them now coming out of the academies are power hungry reeruned minions. They won't stick up for you...they'll stick up for the "code" and the hand that feeds them. They're trained to unlawfully "demand you" to do things by covering it up in a form of a question and when you say no or resist they freak the **** out and want to immediately escalate the issue because the law and courts and in most cases weapon(s) on hand are all on their side and they use this form of intimidation on their side to make people nervous and will subconsciously give up their rights.

Cops now aren't like cops were 50 yrs ago.

Back then they may see someone stranded on the side of the road and may help some lady change her flat tire.

Now they'll come up, ask a shit ton of loaded questions, write you a ticket for not having hazard cones, and would call a tow truck and make the lady pay for it because more than likely the cop is not a real man and doesn't know how to change a god damn flat tire.

Imon Yourside 11-08-2013 10:04 AM

Looks like he learned a valuable life lesson, for the next life of course.

rockymtnchief 11-08-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10169587)
There's 0 chance I'd have known about this story if not for the interwebs

That's my point.

I can also play devils advocate and say, police are probably more stressed, understaffed, dealing with more dangerous people, under-qualified or under-paid, pushed to be more authoritarian, etc...

I must be googling it wrong. I haven't found the stats I'm looking for.

TripleThreat 11-08-2013 10:07 AM

Dad says kid had minor troubles with the law, was "trying" to get back into school to get a GED. Was in the process of turning his life around. He doesn't sound like anyone's ideal kid. And with that being said, the kid put himself in the situation by stealing his dads truck for refusing to be boughten cigarettes.

Here's the fine line, if the kid doesn't commit the CRIME of stealing the car no matter whose it is, he is still alive at this point and doesn't put the cop or anyone else in the situation of having to make a fatal decision. I think ppl forget there's this thing called VEhIClE man slaughter ... That kid was in a loaded weapon on a school campus not turning off the vehicle with innocent bystanders around. We and the cop doesn't know if he's a mental kid who will just start running ppl over and going on a rampage it's happened before hasn't it?

I'm not saying the kid deserves to die but don't put yourself in that situation by committing a crime in the first place.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10169438)
Listened to the audio, it may turn out bad for the cop.

Its said a couple of times in there "If he's that reckless, just back it off." "WE KNOW THE SUSPECT, JUST BACK OFF."

Let him think he's gotten away, then pick his ass up at home and charge him with everything he did.

I don't dispute that the kid was stupid and shouldn't have run. However, if we simply accept that in every instance you don't do what the police tell you to then you deserve to DIE for it, you start a journey down a VERY slippery slope.

Police killing people has gotten REALLY common. While there are no shortages of dumbasses in the world, it wasn't always like this. Cops used to arrest people all the time in some pretty extreme situations. Hell, Ive seen worse chases than this one televised on both COPS and World's Scariest Police Chases where the perps are taken ALIVE, and not gunned down simplry sitting in the vehicle while it is running.

There really was no reason for this kid to die had professional police officers handled this incident.

Sure....back off and the kid ends up running someone over or causing an accident.

Fire Me Boy! 11-08-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169601)
Sure....back off and the kid ends up running someone over or causing an accident.

If that's what the dispatchers are telling him to do, then yes. Sometimes the chase makes matters worse, and when you know the suspect and where/how to get a hold of him when you're not putting yourself, the suspect, and others at risk, yes - you let the suspect go. There are some cities that actually have "no chase" policies specifically to lower the chances that something bad happens.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 10:16 AM

Here's the audio from the dispatch.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/vid...nclick_check=1

The Franchise 11-08-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10169607)
If that's what the dispatchers are telling him to do, then yes. Sometimes the chase makes matters worse, and when you know the suspect and where/how to get a hold of him when you're not putting yourself, the suspect, and others at risk, yes - you let the suspect go. There are some cities that actually have "no chase" policies specifically to lower the chances that something bad happens.

I'm not going to claim to know police protocol....but I don't think the dispatchers orders to the cops are the final word on the matter.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 10:21 AM

Here's the dash cam.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/vid.../2816267433001

Predarat 11-08-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10169589)
Cops all over the nation are being trained that US citizens are the terrorists...and that we shouldn't have guns because we all want to kill cops. It's a horrid "us" versus "them" mentality and they even teach this shit from the very beginning in intro "criminal justice" classes. More and more we're seeing a police state ran by criminal gangs with badges where they arrest people because they get off on it because most of them now coming out of the academies are power hungry reeruned minions. They won't stick up for you...they'll stick up for the "code" and the hand that feeds them. They're trained to unlawfully "demand you" to do things by covering it up in a form of a question and when you say no or resist they freak the **** out and want to immediately escalate the issue because the law and courts and in most cases weapon(s) on hand are all on their side and they use this form of intimidation on their side to make people nervous and will subconsciously give up their rights.

Cops now aren't like cops were 50 yrs ago.

Back then they may see someone stranded on the side of the road and may help some lady change her flat tire.

Now they'll come up, ask a shit ton of loaded questions, write you a ticket for not having hazard cones, and would call a tow truck and make the lady pay for it because more than likely the cop is not a real man and doesn't know how to change a god damn flat tire.

And they are starting to do this crap with the military too.

Fire Me Boy! 11-08-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169610)
Here's the audio from the dispatch.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/vid...nclick_check=1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169612)
I'm not going to claim to know police protocol....but I don't think the dispatchers orders to the cops are the final word on the matter.

The pursuing officer was told twice by someone - it was not the dispatcher from the beginning, so I have no idea if it's another dispatcher, another officer, or who - to back off because of the area and the suspect's recklessness.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169612)

This.

I work in law enforcement. The job that dispatchers do plays a vital role in the process and they are well trained to do their job, BUT they are NOT trained in LE protocol and have no business telling an on scene officer responding to a crisis situation what he/she should or should not be doing. Those orders can only come from a Captain or Commanding Officer. Otherwise, the officer is instructed to use his training to make the decision that needs to be made and you are ALWAYS taught to take a life, if necessary, to prevent the loss of other lives.

That may seem harsh to some and difficult to understand for others, but that is how they are trained.

It's easier to make 'judgement calls' and call the police 'out of control' when you're not the one there in the moment that is making the potential decision to take a life to potentially save others.

It is not an easy thing to do, despite what some may think.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 10:33 AM

Watch the dash cam. It wasn't a ****ing "standoff" where he refused to get out of the vehicle. That dipshit wouldn't stop the vehicle, he was spinning circles in a grassy area and he rammed the cops car again.