ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Dad Calls Cops on Son to Teach Him a Lesson, Cops Shoot Son Dead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278417)

Groves 11-08-2013 12:15 AM

Dad Calls Cops on Son to Teach Him a Lesson, Cops Shoot Son Dead

http://gawker.com/dad-calls-cops-on-...oot-1460159897

A father's attempt to teach his son a lesson for taking his truck without permission ended in tragedy Monday after a local police officer shot the teenager dead.

James Comstock told the Des Moines Register he called the police on his son Tyler after the latter took the former's truck in retaliation for refusing to buy him cigarettes.

Ames Police Officer Adam McPherson reportedly spotted the lawn care company vehicle and pursued it onto the Iowa State University campus, where a brief standoff ensued after Tyler allegedly refused orders to turn off the engine.

McPherson eventually fired six shots into the truck, two of which struck Tyler who was later pronounced dead.

The official report claims the action was necessary in order "to stop the ongoing threat to the public and the officers."

Tyler's dad says he was unarmed at the time.

"So he didn't shut the damn truck off, so let's fire six rounds at him?" exclaimed Gary Shepley, Tyler's step-grandfather. "We're confused, and we don't understand."

James said his son had his fair share of minor troubles with the law, and was distraught over a recent breakup with his girlfriend, but was in the process of turning his life around, and was working on obtaining his GED at Des Moines Area Community College.

"He was a smart kid. He made his own computers. He was interested in IT," James told the Register.

The family's demands for answers got even louder following the revelation that a member of the Ames police department suggested twice that officers call off the chase.

"He took off with my truck. I call the police, and they kill him," James said. ""It was over a damn pack of cigarettes."

McPherson is currently on paid leave pending the results of his department's investigation.

TimBone 11-08-2013 12:18 AM

Damn.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-08-2013 12:19 AM

Percentage of Planet posters who would have killed all the cops, resurrected their son, and gotten the judge to drop all the charges: 114.

Prison Bitch 11-08-2013 12:30 AM

Obviously there is more to the standoff

lcarus 11-08-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10169211)
Obviously there is more to the standoff

Or the cops are just paid killers. You'd think if there was a better reason for killing the kid, the cops would have given it.

tk13 11-08-2013 12:36 AM

If you read the comments there are some people saying this wasn't as simple as it sounds.

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iow...z/-/index.html

There's video of the chase... so have at it. Tough call. He obviously was speeding through a college campus, and rammed the police cars a couple times. Lucky they didn't kill any pedestrians. I think some people will watch that and argue he shouldn't have been shot given what we see here... or that this chase should've been stopped. But ramming a police car with a cop standing outside it pointing a gun isn't a good idea either.

Phobia 11-08-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10169219)
If you read the comments there are some people saying this wasn't as simple as it sounds.

There's video of the chase... so have at it. Tough call. He obviously was speeding through a college campus, and rammed the police cars a couple times. Lucky they didn't kill any pedestrians. I think some people will watch that and argue he shouldn't have been shot given what we see here... or that this chase should've been stopped. But ramming a police car with a cop standing outside it pointing a gun isn't a good idea either.

Precisely. Any time a cop can justify that you're using your vehicle as a deadly weapon, you're committing suicide by cop. Might as well just pull a BB gun on them. But I still would have offed all those cops with a plastic fork from Chik-fil-A, knocked up their skinny wives, and benched 650 lbs with my weak hand.

lcarus 11-08-2013 01:01 AM

What the hell was that dude doing? Did he think he was gonna get away in that truck? What did he expect to happen. Whoever said it was right. The original article left out a few important details...

Rain Man 11-08-2013 01:03 AM

Lesson learned.

cdcox 11-08-2013 01:18 AM

My grandma called the cops on my dad when he swiped the milk bottles off the back porch and cashed them in for money so he could go to the movies somewhere around 1940.

I was this || close to never existing. Whew.

CrazyPhuD 11-08-2013 01:26 AM

To be fair someone DID learn a lesson from all this.

pr_capone 11-08-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10169231)
Precisely. Any time a cop can justify that you're using your vehicle as a deadly weapon, you're committing suicide by cop. Might as well just pull a BB gun on them. But I still would have offed all those cops with a plastic fork from Chik-fil-A, knocked up their skinny wives, and benched 650 lbs with my weak hand.

HA! You have a weak hand. I push 800 with either hand equally.

TinyEvel 11-08-2013 01:33 AM

This is just one of those stories that's bad for everyone involved.

kid is lucky he didn't get T-boned that first intersection he blew through. Two close calls, there could have been kids and moms, etc. in those cars going by, he could have ended lives.

Not good for anyone.

RustShack 11-08-2013 01:44 AM

A bunch of Iowa state players and friends were tweetin about shots fired on campus, and GTA VI: Iowa State University.

Dayze 11-08-2013 01:49 AM

steep price to pay for some Virginia Slims.

BigRedChief 11-08-2013 02:00 AM

This is just sad on multiple levels. :shake:

Hammock Parties 11-08-2013 02:50 AM

Damn that's scary. I used to make my own computers. Good thing I never took up smoking!

mdchiefsfan 11-08-2013 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10169303)
Damn that's scary. I used to make my own computers. Good thing I never took up smoking!

LMAO

CoMoChief 11-08-2013 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 10169269)
HA! You have a weak hand. I push 800 with either hand equally.

U have a 12 incher and run a 4.3 backwards? Its typical physical standards of all cp members u know...

BigRichard 11-08-2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 10169271)
This is just one of those stories that's bad for everyone involved.

kid is lucky he didn't get T-boned that first intersection he blew through. Two close calls, there could have been kids and moms, etc. in those cars going by, he could have ended lives.

Not good for anyone.

:LOL:

mikey23545 11-08-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10169219)

Gosh, the story is always so much more compelling if you just leave a few minor details out of it...

bricks 11-08-2013 06:26 AM

I bet nothing happens to the cop.

Eleazar 11-08-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groves (Post 10169194)
A father's attempt to teach his son a lesson...

Great success!

Eleazar 11-08-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10169198)
Percentage of Planet posters who would have killed all the cops, resurrected their son, and gotten the judge to drop all the charges: 114.

LMAO

Only if they'd been the father. If they'd been the cops they would have shot all the tires out, shot the perp on both knees, shot the pack of smokes out of his hand, shot the keys out of the ignition, and spun the gun back into its holster like robocop

AussieChiefsFan 11-08-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10169345)
Great success!

http://mjanja.co.ke/wordpress/wp-con...at_success.jpg

Mr_Tomahawk 11-08-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 10169342)
I bet nothing happens to the cop.

Why would something happen to the cop...?

Fire Me Boy! 11-08-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10169327)
U have a 12 incher and run a 4.3 backwards? Its typical physical standards of all cp members u know...

Pffft. Only if I've been swimming in freezing water.

warrior 11-08-2013 07:02 AM

I'm just glad the Dad's house wasn't on fire

rockymtnchief 11-08-2013 07:02 AM

I feel bad for the dad and family, not so much for the kid. Speed through stop lights, stop signs and a campus, it's doubtful the cops are going to put you in fur-lined handcuffs and give you a dozen balloons.

Katipan 11-08-2013 07:12 AM

6 shots on a non-moving object and only 2 hit the kid. No one appreciates good marksmanship anymore.

Marcellus 11-08-2013 07:12 AM

One less dumbass in the world. He could have easily killed several people at that intersection.

After he slammed into that cop car the chase wasn't going to be called off.

kysirsoze 11-08-2013 07:15 AM

Suicide by cop/Darwin award/etc. Feel bad for the dad. I don't blame him for not being able to see what really happened.

FRCDFED 11-08-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10169247)
What the hell was that dude doing? Did he think he was gonna get away in that truck? What did he expect to happen. Whoever said it was right. The original article left out a few important details...

You mean the liberal media only fed the sheep what they wanted them to hear? Shocking........

You are right. Dude was a dumbass. Sometimes people need to stop and think that in certain situations the price you pay for your actions can be deadly. Not a simple, "dad calls cops to teach son a lesson article."

Media should've titled it, "Man rams cop cars and puts the life of a public servant in jeopardy."

MTG#10 11-08-2013 08:15 AM

Judgement call

FRCDFED 11-08-2013 08:16 AM

Look at the bright side......in an effort to teach his son a lesson (not to act out towards his father) he managed to teach society an even bigger lesson (obey lawful orders given by police officers and don't give the appearance that you are considering using your vehicle as a weapon).

Chaunceythe3rd 11-08-2013 08:24 AM

Sounds like the world lost a potential Edward Snowden.

Actions have consequences. Kid rolled the dice and lost. Simple as that.

Predarat 11-08-2013 08:26 AM

Its becoming where cops are not longer Public Servants, but Government Hitmen.

MOhillbilly 11-08-2013 08:28 AM

ACAB

OmahaChief 11-08-2013 08:34 AM

Sounds like the kid was headed for lung cancer anyway. Just moved the process along that much quicker.

Wallcrawler 11-08-2013 08:39 AM

Listened to the audio, it may turn out bad for the cop.

Its said a couple of times in there "If he's that reckless, just back it off." "WE KNOW THE SUSPECT, JUST BACK OFF."

Let him think he's gotten away, then pick his ass up at home and charge him with everything he did.

I don't dispute that the kid was stupid and shouldn't have run. However, if we simply accept that in every instance you don't do what the police tell you to then you deserve to DIE for it, you start a journey down a VERY slippery slope.

Police killing people has gotten REALLY common. While there are no shortages of dumbasses in the world, it wasn't always like this. Cops used to arrest people all the time in some pretty extreme situations. Hell, Ive seen worse chases than this one televised on both COPS and World's Scariest Police Chases where the perps are taken ALIVE, and not gunned down simplry sitting in the vehicle while it is running.

There really was no reason for this kid to die had professional police officers handled this incident.

Fire Me Boy! 11-08-2013 08:39 AM

At least the kid wasn't in New Mexico.

Eleazar 11-08-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10169438)
Police killing people has gotten REALLY common. While there are no shortages of dumbasses in the world, it wasn't always like this. Cops used to arrest people all the time in some pretty extreme situations. Hell, Ive seen worse chases than this one televised on both COPS and World's Scariest Police Chases where the perps are taken ALIVE, and not gunned down simplry sitting in the vehicle while it is running.

There really was no reason for this kid to die had professional police officers handled this incident.

Well, back in the day a cop also might worked a wife beater over with his fists or let a kid who'd been caught in trouble the first time go by dropping him off to his parents - without fear that if the car video gets looked at he'll be fired.

It seems like police used to have more latitude and opportunity to work with members of the community, and that they knew people in that community and had relationships with them. Things seem more beurocratic and black and white now.

And beyond that, our litigation society has made it so they have to worry so much more about getting sued or facing criminal charges for the details of the manner in which they do things. They have cameras and microphones watching them all the time. Doesn't it seem like police used to have more ability to be autonomous?

There are people of bad character in every profession, and we also can't always expect people to pause and evaluate with calm contemplation what they should do when someone who they have at gunpoint tries to hit them with their car.

Police today are being tasked with the jobs parents have not done, mopping up for all the messed up home environment kids who were never parented or disciplined or had any rules. It's not what police should be.

Saul Good 11-08-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10169250)
Lesson learned.

The dad now has one lesson than he did before.

Get it? Like less son. He has one less son. Cuz the cops shot him. The kid is no longer alive.

Prison Bitch 11-08-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 10169339)
Gosh, the story is always so much more compelling if you just leave a few minor details out of it...

Exactly. Never trust the media. I could smell the bullshit emanating from the original posted link. There was OBVIOUSLY more to the story.

rockymtnchief 11-08-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Police killing people has gotten REALLY common.

Has it really? (Not calling you out)

I'd be curious to see the numbers. Are more killed by police or does the intrawebs make it seem that way?

I'd think, with tazers/beanbags/pepper spray/etc..., that less are killed.

Prison Bitch 11-08-2013 09:59 AM

If more are killed, it's because there are more dumbasses who run from them and endanger others and try to confront them etc etc.

Eleazar 11-08-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 10169574)
I'd be curious to see the numbers. Are more killed by police or does the intrawebs make it seem that way?

There's 0 chance I'd have known about this story if not for the interwebs

CoMoChief 11-08-2013 10:04 AM

Cops all over the nation are being trained that US citizens are the terrorists...and that we shouldn't have guns because we all want to kill cops. It's a horrid "us" versus "them" mentality and they even teach this shit from the very beginning in intro "criminal justice" classes. More and more we're seeing a police state ran by criminal gangs with badges where they arrest people because they get off on it because most of them now coming out of the academies are power hungry reeruned minions. They won't stick up for you...they'll stick up for the "code" and the hand that feeds them. They're trained to unlawfully "demand you" to do things by covering it up in a form of a question and when you say no or resist they freak the **** out and want to immediately escalate the issue because the law and courts and in most cases weapon(s) on hand are all on their side and they use this form of intimidation on their side to make people nervous and will subconsciously give up their rights.

Cops now aren't like cops were 50 yrs ago.

Back then they may see someone stranded on the side of the road and may help some lady change her flat tire.

Now they'll come up, ask a shit ton of loaded questions, write you a ticket for not having hazard cones, and would call a tow truck and make the lady pay for it because more than likely the cop is not a real man and doesn't know how to change a god damn flat tire.

Imon Yourside 11-08-2013 10:04 AM

Looks like he learned a valuable life lesson, for the next life of course.

rockymtnchief 11-08-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10169587)
There's 0 chance I'd have known about this story if not for the interwebs

That's my point.

I can also play devils advocate and say, police are probably more stressed, understaffed, dealing with more dangerous people, under-qualified or under-paid, pushed to be more authoritarian, etc...

I must be googling it wrong. I haven't found the stats I'm looking for.

TripleThreat 11-08-2013 10:07 AM

Dad says kid had minor troubles with the law, was "trying" to get back into school to get a GED. Was in the process of turning his life around. He doesn't sound like anyone's ideal kid. And with that being said, the kid put himself in the situation by stealing his dads truck for refusing to be boughten cigarettes.

Here's the fine line, if the kid doesn't commit the CRIME of stealing the car no matter whose it is, he is still alive at this point and doesn't put the cop or anyone else in the situation of having to make a fatal decision. I think ppl forget there's this thing called VEhIClE man slaughter ... That kid was in a loaded weapon on a school campus not turning off the vehicle with innocent bystanders around. We and the cop doesn't know if he's a mental kid who will just start running ppl over and going on a rampage it's happened before hasn't it?

I'm not saying the kid deserves to die but don't put yourself in that situation by committing a crime in the first place.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Listened to the audio, it may turn out bad for the cop.

Its said a couple of times in there "If he's that reckless, just back it off." "WE KNOW THE SUSPECT, JUST BACK OFF."

Let him think he's gotten away, then pick his ass up at home and charge him with everything he did.

I don't dispute that the kid was stupid and shouldn't have run. However, if we simply accept that in every instance you don't do what the police tell you to then you deserve to DIE for it, you start a journey down a VERY slippery slope.

Sure....back off and the kid ends up running someone over or causing an accident.

Fire Me Boy! 11-08-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169601)
Sure....back off and the kid ends up running someone over or causing an accident.

If that's what the dispatchers are telling him to do, then yes. Sometimes the chase makes matters worse, and when you know the suspect and where/how to get a hold of him when you're not putting yourself, the suspect, and others at risk, yes - you let the suspect go. There are some cities that actually have "no chase" policies specifically to lower the chances that something bad happens.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 10:16 AM

Here's the audio from the dispatch.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/vid...nclick_check=1

The Franchise 11-08-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10169607)
If that's what the dispatchers are telling him to do, then yes. Sometimes the chase makes matters worse, and when you know the suspect and where/how to get a hold of him when you're not putting yourself, the suspect, and others at risk, yes - you let the suspect go. There are some cities that actually have "no chase" policies specifically to lower the chances that something bad happens.

I'm not going to claim to know police protocol....but I don't think the dispatchers orders to the cops are the final word on the matter.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 10:21 AM

Here's the dash cam.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/vid.../2816267433001

Predarat 11-08-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10169589)
Cops all over the nation are being trained that US citizens are the terrorists...and that we shouldn't have guns because we all want to kill cops. It's a horrid "us" versus "them" mentality and they even teach this shit from the very beginning in intro "criminal justice" classes. More and more we're seeing a police state ran by criminal gangs with badges where they arrest people because they get off on it because most of them now coming out of the academies are power hungry reeruned minions. They won't stick up for you...they'll stick up for the "code" and the hand that feeds them. They're trained to unlawfully "demand you" to do things by covering it up in a form of a question and when you say no or resist they freak the **** out and want to immediately escalate the issue because the law and courts and in most cases weapon(s) on hand are all on their side and they use this form of intimidation on their side to make people nervous and will subconsciously give up their rights.

Cops now aren't like cops were 50 yrs ago.

Back then they may see someone stranded on the side of the road and may help some lady change her flat tire.

Now they'll come up, ask a shit ton of loaded questions, write you a ticket for not having hazard cones, and would call a tow truck and make the lady pay for it because more than likely the cop is not a real man and doesn't know how to change a god damn flat tire.

And they are starting to do this crap with the military too.

Fire Me Boy! 11-08-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169610)
Here's the audio from the dispatch.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/vid...nclick_check=1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169612)
I'm not going to claim to know police protocol....but I don't think the dispatchers orders to the cops are the final word on the matter.

The pursuing officer was told twice by someone - it was not the dispatcher from the beginning, so I have no idea if it's another dispatcher, another officer, or who - to back off because of the area and the suspect's recklessness.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169612)

This.

I work in law enforcement. The job that dispatchers do plays a vital role in the process and they are well trained to do their job, BUT they are NOT trained in LE protocol and have no business telling an on scene officer responding to a crisis situation what he/she should or should not be doing. Those orders can only come from a Captain or Commanding Officer. Otherwise, the officer is instructed to use his training to make the decision that needs to be made and you are ALWAYS taught to take a life, if necessary, to prevent the loss of other lives.

That may seem harsh to some and difficult to understand for others, but that is how they are trained.

It's easier to make 'judgement calls' and call the police 'out of control' when you're not the one there in the moment that is making the potential decision to take a life to potentially save others.

It is not an easy thing to do, despite what some may think.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 10:33 AM

Watch the dash cam. It wasn't a ****ing "standoff" where he refused to get out of the vehicle. That dipshit wouldn't stop the vehicle, he was spinning circles in a grassy area and he rammed the cops car again.

mike_b_284 11-08-2013 10:39 AM

One lesson being missed here is to keep cops out of family business. It never works out well for anyone. Sounds like a good idea when your pissed, but once the cops arrive any control of the situation by those involved goes out the window. Teenagers are ****ing morons. I was, and I'm sure not all of you were angels. I don't feel like a kid should pay for their immature brains and shitty parents with their lives.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_b_284 (Post 10169671)
One lesson being missed here is to keep cops out of family business. It never works out well for anyone. Sounds like a good idea when your pissed, but once the cops arrive any control of the situation by those involved goes out the window. Teenagers are ****ing morons. I was, and I'm sure not all of you were angels. I don't feel like a kid should pay for their immature brains and shitty parents with their lives.

This. The Dad wanted to teach him a lesson....which would have ended up with major jail time. Instead the kid died.

hometeam 11-08-2013 10:56 AM

They told him to back while he was actively engaging the guy.

Then, the dude proceeded to ram the **** out of him. He was unarmed? I dunno, ramming a big ass truck into a car seems like a weapon to me.

I am not a friend of shitty cops. But in this case? Dude will be back at work.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 10:58 AM

It is never a good thing when a young kid loses his life. No one, including officers, wants to ever see that happen.

But a decision on a crisis situation in a moment is made by an officer based on 'apprehension of fear'. The officer is not taught to stop and think about the age of the A.P.

Interestingly enough, if this was a story about a 37 year old guy that did the same thing, nobody would really care and it wouldn't be making the national headlines.

mike_b_284 11-08-2013 10:59 AM

yeah the cops weren't wrong, imo the fault lies on the father

Predarat 11-08-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_b_284 (Post 10169671)

Yep, maybe 20-30 years ago what the dad did was a good idea. Now once you have the government involved its a never ending pit. IF the child is underage they will send DCS after you and maybe have your child taken away. Back in the day the Officer would play along, scare the shit out of the kid, put the kid in jail for a night or so, and that would be the end of it. Nowdays you will be dragged through count and maybe go to jail yourself.

beach tribe 11-08-2013 11:23 AM

I was ready to start my ****in cops tirade

Then I read that he rammed the cop.

Yeah, you're gonna die if you do that.

Rausch 11-08-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10169769)

But...but...but...

hometeam 11-08-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10169769)

Watch the video, he rams cops 6 times or so before they opened fire on him. Not to mention driving insane with a trailer attached swinging back and forth like a wrecking ball (which later he lost), as well as blowing through a red light and ALMOST demolishing some innocent person in the process.

Yea sorry kid, you ****ed up.

redfan 11-08-2013 11:52 AM

After watching the dashcam, I say 'good job, officers'.

Mr. Laz 11-08-2013 11:54 AM

anyone killed by a cop deserved it/CP

Rausch 11-08-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10169826)

Anyone repeatedly ramming a cop car deserves it/everyone

JD10367 11-08-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10169250)
Lesson learned.

Ayup. When the po-po draws the guns and tell you to do something, you do it. Or you get shot. Or you get an unwanted colonoscopy.

MOhillbilly 11-08-2013 12:11 PM

Not like the cops have to pay for the car.

BigRedChief 11-08-2013 12:12 PM

The police knew it was only a stolen car. There was no violent crime or murder trying to get away. When the son started speeding up through that intersection and pedistrian traffic everywhere the cops should have backed off. Catch him after the innocent public is out of danger.

Too many of these car chases result in some innocent deaths.

Bugeater 11-08-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10169826)

That's rarely the consensus around here.

MOhillbilly 11-08-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10169861)
The police knew it was only a stolen car. There was no violent crime or murder trying to get away. When the son started speeding up through that intersection and pedistrian traffic everywhere the cops should have backed off. Catch him after the innocent public is out of danger.

Dog on a bone

hometeam 11-08-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10169861)

They knew it was ONLY a stolen car? No, with the way this guy was acting, I don't see it far fetched to find out the guy was high on PCP, about to embark on a rampage or some other highly dangerous shit.

What is innocent?

Certainly he was guilty of attempted murder by the time they ended up shooting him.

Did you watch the dash cam vid? The chase is VERY short. This dude no doubt would have ran one of those guys down had he had a chance. By the time the radio is telling him to back off he is already being smashed into multiple times by the truck, and has it slowed to a crawl.

Again, I pretty much do not like cops. But in this case, dude had it comin.

MOhillbilly 11-08-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10169888)
They knew it was ONLY a stolen car? No, with the way this guy was acting, I don't see it far fetched to find out the guy was high on PCP, about to embark on a rampage or some other highly dangerous shit.

What is innocent?

Certainly he was guilty of attempted murder by the time they ended up shooting him.

Did you watch the dash cam vid? The chase is VERY short. This dude no doubt would have ran one of those guys down had he had a chance. By the time the radio is telling him to back off he is already being smashed into multiple times by the truck, and has it slowed to a crawl.

Again, I pretty much do not like cops. But in this case, dude had it comin.

Lotta speculation in your post.

BigRedChief 11-08-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 10169871)
Dog on a bone

Right, they are pissed off he rammed them, endangered their lives or maybe hurt them. Basic human emotion.

The bad decision was to start the pursuit when it endangered innocent civilians over a stolen car that they knew was not a wanted violent criminal.