ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Green on Croyle. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139966)

jspchief 04-30-2006 09:40 AM

Green on Croyle.

It's the young guy's place to shut your mouth and pay attention. Not the vet's place to put his arm around the rookie and mentor him, it's the coach's job.

Sounds like he's not real eager to help develop Croyle. A little disappointing.

SLAG 04-30-2006 09:40 AM

Well I can't argue with what he said

KC kid 04-30-2006 09:41 AM

He gave a good true answer. . . not that he doesn't want to help, the young player's career is the young player's responsibility.

the Talking Can 04-30-2006 09:42 AM

I think the idea of vets embracing and teaching rookies is largely a myth...this is about jobs...

Crush 04-30-2006 09:42 AM

Why should he? It should be Croyle's responsibility along with help from the QB coach and offensive coordinator.

Mecca 04-30-2006 09:42 AM

It's always real good for our team when we have players who don't want to help young players....

Or bitch about it when we want to get another player cough eddie kennison cough.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-30-2006 09:43 AM

That doesn't sound like a Trent Green answer at all. I take it he was nonplussed with this selection.

milkman 04-30-2006 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
It's the young guy's place to shut your mouth and pay attention. Not the vet's place to put his arm around the rookie and mentor him, it's the coach's job.

Sounds like he's not real eager to help develop Croyle. A little disappointing.

I thought it was more like he said it's not his job to to chase him down and offer up info, but if the kid wants to come to him, he has an open policy, and will answer any questions he has.

JBucc 04-30-2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
I thought it was more like he said it's not his job to to chase him down and offer up info, but if the kid wants to come to him, he has an open policy, and will answer any questions he has.

that's kinda what I heard

htismaqe 04-30-2006 09:44 AM

Self-preservation, plain and simple.

I didn't expect him to say anything different.

KChiefs1 04-30-2006 09:46 AM

He said it would have been disrespectful if the Chiefs would have used a first rounder on a QB too.

Wile_E_Coyote 04-30-2006 09:46 AM

Quote:

that's how I heard it

wazu 04-30-2006 09:47 AM

I just watched that same interview. He made it clear that he has no intention of handing the reigns to Croyle.

He checked himself a little by saying that if somebody comes to him and asks questions, that he will help them out. Still, his demeaner was a side of Green I haven't seen in an interview before.

Nothing too controversial, but definitely a reality check.

jspchief 04-30-2006 09:47 AM

Quote:

He did say he'd answer questions. But he didn't really sound like he was too eager to help.

Can't say I blame him. It would be nice for older players to recognize when they are nearing the end though and be cooperative about making the next geberation of the team better. I know it's a bit candyland, but I think to think of my team as a bunch of the good guys.

the Talking Can 04-30-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam
I just watched that same interview. He made it clear that he has no intention of handing the reigns to Croyle.

He checked himself a little by saying that if somebody comes to him and asks questions, that he will help them out. Still, his demeaner was a side of Green I haven't seen in an interview before.

Nothing too controversial, but definitely a reality check.

light another fire for Green..even vets need new motivations, I like it..