ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

MagicHef 06-26-2014 10:38 AM

Tyrion's murder of Tywin is understandable, but is not justified, IMO. Neither is his murder of book Shae.

His murder of show Shae is certainly justified, which is probably my biggest complaint about the show so far.

raybec 4 06-27-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10716513)
Tyrion's murder of Tywin is understandable, but is not justified, IMO. Neither is his murder of book Shae.

His murder of show Shae is certainly justified, which is probably my biggest complaint about the show so far.

I have far more issue with the omission of Lady Stoneheart than I do with the way they've removed Tyrion's transgressions from the book

Sorter 06-27-2014 08:16 PM

Rumor is Jamie goes to Dorne and no Vic.

This show is going downhill quick.

KcMizzou 06-27-2014 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10719738)
Rumor is Jamie goes to Dorne and no Vic.

This show is going downhill quick.

Yeah, **** it. I'm out.

Pfft.

Sorter 06-27-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10719801)
Yeah, **** it. I'm out.

Pfft.

If they don't include Vic (rumor is they merge him into the dog fearing **** "Yara") I'm probably done with the show.

The problem is that they are potentially providing major book spoilers (Stoneheart, Jojen, Vic, Euron, etc) with this shit.

Hawk 06-29-2014 10:31 PM

I saw another rumor that seems like it could be interesting (though another big departure from the books):

[spoiler]

I read that the actor who played Jaqen Hagar is in the full time cast for season 5. The rumor is that he will be taking the place of the old man that trains Arya and instead will be the main one that trains Arya to be a Faceless Man. The waif has been cast, but no old man. That has the potential to be pretty awesome.

The show is just a separate entity from the books at this point, but I agree that when the show kills off characters or writes them out, it feels like those characters are not ultimately important in the books which kinda sucks. Hopefully book 6 will come out before the next season airs.

keg in kc 06-29-2014 10:42 PM

Yeah, that rumor's been making the rounds for the last week or so.

Setsuna 06-29-2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10716513)

Thank you! these idiots just are tools.

Bowser 06-30-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10723554)
Thank you! these idiots just are tools.

Tywin was as cunning and evil a character as there was in the series, even if he didn't lay waste to his opponents personally with an axe in one hand and a sword in the other like some crazed Thenn. He wanted nothing less than complete domination of Westeros for himself and his family for generations to come, and he had no care for who he had to destroy (individuals or complete households). We've been over this.

Tywin was one of the more fascinating characters in the book, and he deserved to die as much as ANY character or family that has died. That Tyrion did it was just a bit of delicious irony on top of that cake.

keg in kc 06-30-2014 11:04 AM

Setsuna and MagicHef explaining their views on this reads like the plot to the next dumb and dumber movie.

DaFace 06-30-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10723891)
Setsuna and MagicHef explaining their views on this reads like the plot to the next dumb and dumber movie.

I understand their points to a degree, but it seems silly in the context of the show. If Tyrion's actions aren't justified, then we apparently need to go back and debate about a hundred other killings that weren't either.

Bowser 06-30-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10723911)
I understand their points to a degree, but it seems silly in the context of the show. If Tyrion's actions aren't justified, then we apparently need to go back and debate about a hundred other killings that weren't either.

That damned Littlefinger and his penis envy.

Setsuna 06-30-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Oh if you're talking about just the show then yeah, but the book tells a a different story which is where my opinions come into play.

Hawk 06-30-2014 03:29 PM

Tyrion is even more justified in killing Tywin in the books than on the show, so this makes no sense to me.

MagicHef 06-30-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

It seems like people have varying definitions for the word 'justified'.