ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Putting down the bottle. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281522)

BullJunkandIron 02-16-2014 11:06 PM

I'm just glad when I was i was younger and getting all those DUI and DWI's it wasn't that big of deal. I think now days it is much more serious and expensive.

Simply Red 02-16-2014 11:06 PM

the only girls with good personalities...

who are smart or maybe funny or halfway intelligent or talented--

though God knows what the **** that means-- are ugly chicks.

Absolutely. And this is because they have to make up...

for how ****ing unattractive they are.

Easy 6 02-16-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10437111)
This. A lot. My life is basically nothing without my wife. And I'm sure the incoming child will be similar. Being with a good woman and achieving more as a unit than you could do on your own is special. There are really no words for it. P

Amen.

Playing the field free and easy, nabbin strange, that's all fine for a while... but having that special girl who knows you inside and out, gets your worst/weirdest jokes, knows and adjusts to your every move with the lights off?

That shit is priceless, I miss being married like a mfer, but its hard to recreate 3 years dating and 13 years marriage at this age... takes a lot of time to develop that kind of bond.

Buzz 02-16-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10437120)
the only girls with good personalities...

who are smart or maybe funny or halfway intelligent or talented--

though God knows what the **** that means-- are ugly chicks.

Absolutely. And this is because they have to make up...

for how ****ing unattractive they are.

Stoned sober as he puts his cheetoh stained hands in his pants.

L.A. Chieffan 02-17-2014 12:29 AM

Is that a gram?

AustinChief 02-17-2014 01:13 AM

I'm gonna have to go with George Best on this...

Quote:

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Hoopsdoc 02-17-2014 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 10436919)
How many of you have done this? I'm starting to notice a pattern of me screwing shit up in my life and there always seems to be something involved.

Alcohol

I love drinking

But I'm sick of screwing up relationships and generally being a dumbass.

How many of you have done this? I feel like it's time (at least for a while) to cut the booze out of my life.

Any advice on what to do other than spend my weekend wasted drunk?

Good luck, friend. Addiction is a disease, NOT weakness.

I know this because I hated myself as a weakling for many years before I learned it.

Phobia 02-17-2014 01:39 AM

Good for you. I usually manage really well. When I don't, I quit for a while. I've had several incidents in the past 6 months or so. Nothing major like being arrested or fighting. Just drinking entirely too much and being really obnoxious. More obnoxious than usual. I quit for a few weeks then dialed it way, way back. For instance, went out to a birthday party for a friend last night, had 5 Busch light. Came home, had a tallboy then I was done. Partying with this guy usually ends around 4:00 AM. I was home by like 12:15.

Raiderhater 02-17-2014 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 10437052)
I'm a Friday night binge drinker, haha. I do so well all week health wise. Then it's Friday and I gotta enjoy my night to stay up and do whatever I want.

But I've never understood the angry, fighting drunks. I drink to relax and have a good time. Drinking for any other reason doesn't make sense to me. Even depressed drinking just sounds like a bad idea.

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Jimmya 02-17-2014 06:20 AM

I love depressed drinking. Usually keeps me home and safe.

Raiderhater 02-17-2014 06:23 AM

I don't understand how any self respecting Chiefs fan could not have experienced a little depressed drinking.

"There's a tear in my beer....."

Jimmya 02-17-2014 06:24 AM

I know I did after the Colts game......

Raiderhater 02-17-2014 06:57 AM

I turned on a pretty good one after that debacle. I went from depressed drinking to having a pretty good time. Because **** the Chiefs.

Chief Roundup 02-17-2014 07:51 AM

Good luck. Fighting and beating any addiction is tough. Stay with the fight. Just because you might have a drink, backslide, don't let it deter you from your goal. Keep telling yourself the reward is worth it because you know it will be.
Again Best of luck!

KCUnited 02-17-2014 07:51 AM

One day at a time works a lot better for me if I have a plan for the day. To the extreme that I have close to 90% of what I plan to consume for the week prepped on Sundays. If I'm at the gym at 4:45am and eat a healthy breakfast/lunch, I'll be less likely to pile on 1000+ calories of booze later in the day. If I'm just winging it, sleep in, heat up a slice of pizza for breakfast, sit around bored, I'm more likely to pop something open later in the day.

Manage the booze out of your day with a plan, don't plan your day around the booze.