ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Which pick(s) will determine how this draft falls? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114401)

KChiefs1 04-18-2005 01:42 PM

Which pick(s) will determine how this draft falls?

#2 - Miami can go either Edwards or Smith. If they go QB then there could be some action by other teams to trade up to get Edwards.

#9 - Washington's pick is the one I believe the Chiefs should be targeting to move up...Detroit at #10 is bound to take DJ if he is still on the board.

These are a couple off the top of my head. I do believe this will be the wildest draft we've seen in a long time though! :clap:

Here's hoping that DJ falls to #15 & the Chiefs don't have to lose any picks to get him! :thumb:

htismaqe 04-18-2005 01:47 PM

I think this draft, for the Chiefs, really depends on Tampa and Tennessee.

Both of those teams could go just about any position, but I could see one of them taking DJ, which changes alot for us.

CosmicPal 04-18-2005 01:53 PM

The Chiefs will not trade up for Derrick Johnson. You can dream all you want, but I doubt he falls to us, and I very much doubt we trade up for him.

eazyb81 04-18-2005 01:59 PM

I really don't think Detroit will take DJ if he falls to them. They already have Boss Bailey and Teddy Lehman, and Earl Holmes was their leading tackler this year. They already have a good set of LBs, they need to improve other areas. I could see Dallas going with DJ, but apparently they really like Ware. I am really interested in where the two QBs will end up, that could have major ramifications on the draft.

Kyle401 04-18-2005 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81
I really don't think Detroit will take DJ if he falls to them. They already have Boss Bailey and Teddy Lehman, and Earl Holmes was their leading tackler this year. They already have a good set of LBs, they need to improve other areas. I could see Dallas going with DJ, but apparently they really like Ware. I am really interested in where the two QBs will end up, that could have major ramifications on the draft.

Teddy Lehman or Junior Siavii, who would you rather have? :hmmm:

ChiefsCountry 04-18-2005 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle401
Teddy Lehman or Junior Siavii, who would you rather have? :hmmm:

Rashaun Woods :banghead: He sucked last year, but the whole freaking 49ers team did.

Also back to the main question - #3 Cleveland. They could go with Alex Smith, Braylon Edwards, Antrel Rolle or Derrick Johnson.

PastorMikH 04-18-2005 02:30 PM

There's no way DJ is still on the board at 15. But IF by some strange twist of fate, he did make it to 15, I wouldn't be surpised if we passed on him to take a TE.

I'm still remembering how excited I was when Boss Bailey was still on the Board when we were up. Then we traded down. But wait, it's our turn again and he's still there - GREAT MOVE CARL! Then I hear, "With the 27th pick in the 2003 draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Penn St. RB Larry Johnson.::banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Spicy McHaggis 04-18-2005 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81
I really don't think Detroit will take DJ if he falls to them. They already have Boss Bailey and Teddy Lehman, and Earl Holmes was their leading tackler this year.

Bailey has been hurt all last year which was the main concern with him coming out of college. Holmes is close to 32-33 IIRC and they're looking at possibly shifting Lehman to the middle. If that happens getting a WSLB like DJ would be a great move.

eazyb81 04-18-2005 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis
Bailey has been hurt all last year which was the main concern with him coming out of college. Holmes is close to 32-33 IIRC and they're looking at possibly shifting Lehman to the middle. If that happens getting a WSLB like DJ would be a great move.

But he played great in 2003, earned the starting WLB job out of spring training and was a candidate for defensive rookie of the year. Bailey still has tons of potential, I don't think Detroit is ready to give up on him yet.

There has been talk of Lehman moving to the middle, but there has also been talk of him staying outside. Holmes is only 31, was their leading tackler last year, and has not missed a game since 1998. I think Detroit should look to upgrade at other areas in the 1st round rather then LB.

ChiefsCountry 04-18-2005 02:44 PM

The two spots we would have to trade into for DJ our #6 or #9. Minnesota doesn't need extra picks. Arizona possible could trade but highly unlikely. Washington is willing to do anything, plus they would probally rather move down and get a CB a little later. Detroit could be a possible trade partner as well.

Kyle401 04-18-2005 02:56 PM

I think that if Detroit is looking for defensive help in the first they would make a good candidate for a trade up. If they can't trade down, I think that they will take DJ if he is still available. However, I think that they have more pressing defensive needs in the secondary and on the DL then they do at LB.

However, Detroit's greatest needs IMO are on offense. They were not nearly as good on offense as they were on defense. Their piss-poor offense actually made the defense appear to be worse than it was (31st in T.O.P., 29th in 3rd %, 29th in FD/G). I would think that offensive help would be a bigger need for them in the 1st than defensive. The emergence of Kevin Jones and the return of C. Rogers should help their offense, but a good RT and a pass catching TE should be high on their list of desires. Personally, I think that they will also look at a QB in this draft, although their FO has been denying it.

ChiefsCountry 04-18-2005 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle401
I think that if Detroit is looking for defensive help in the first they would make a good candidate for a trade up. If they can't trade down, I think that they will take DJ if he is still available. However, I think that they have more pressing defensive needs in the secondary and on the DL then they do at LB.

However, Detroit's greatest needs IMO are on offense. They were not nearly as good on offense as they were on defense. Their piss-poor offense actually made the defense appear to be worse than it was (31st in T.O.P., 29th in 3rd %, 29th in FD/G). I would think that offensive help would be a bigger need for them in the 1st than defensive. The emergence of Kevin Jones and the return of C. Rogers should help their offense, but a good RT and a pass catching TE should be high on their list of desires. Personally, I think that they will also look at a QB in this draft, although their FO has been denying it.

Alex Barron or Jamaal Brown could be at our spot and Heath Miller might be at our 2nd round spot. Actually seeing how Detroit runs things, they could trade down get that 2nd rounder from us and use their 2 second rounders to move up into the first round again.

whoman69 04-18-2005 03:10 PM

Two teams that I think will change the draft by what they do are Cleveland who needs offense, but may go defense, and Dallas who have alot of needs on both sides of the ball but are most likely to go DE. Each of these teams have been rumored to want to move up and I have seen some where Cleveland moves down. Tampa is another team that could set the tone offensively. They also could move up.

htismaqe 04-18-2005 03:28 PM

The thing about Detroit is that they've invested heavily in their offense over the last few drafts. The biggest thing that's holding them back on offense is inconsistency at QB and we all know they're not drafting one of those. I could see them going OT (there's no way Heath Miller goes this high with his latest health reports) but otherwise I think they go defense.

ChiefsCountry 04-18-2005 03:32 PM

Lions need an OT bad. Plug Barron at Left and but Backus at right. With Woody and DeMulling at Guard with Raiola. Then Detroit has a solid OL.