ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anybody use gamefly? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171694)

KCChiefsMan 10-06-2007 09:43 PM

Anybody use gamefly?

I just signed up for it the other day. Anybody here use this? do the games usually come in working condition? Are they speedy? it seems like a good deal for me since I like playing video games and there are so many games I want to play out there. I got Bioshock and Spiderman friend or foe on the way, pretty excited to try Bioshock

Delano 10-07-2007 07:41 AM

I began to think about this service after I got my Wii and realized the local video star is charging 7.50 to rent a game for a week.

However, it takes me a long time to complete a game and I often will replay them after a year or so.

All things considered, I decided to continue going the gamestop route and reselling my used games for credit towards new games.

DaFace 10-07-2007 08:21 AM

I have a friend who is an avid gamer and has used Gamefly for years. I don't know much about their service, but he likes it enough to keep paying for it every month.

kcxiv 10-07-2007 05:15 PM

I used to use it, but there arent all that many games i want to play. Theones i really do want to play i usually buy to support the developers that make kick ass games (aka Bioshock)

ragedogg69 10-08-2007 07:18 PM

i have it. never had a problem with scratched discs. availability and shipping times are the pain in the ass.

sometimes all the games in my list will be unavailable to ship so basically your screwed. but the single game out at a time works well seeing how i dont play games all that much.

ZootedGranny 10-08-2007 10:03 PM

I love it, especially since my local post scans the games as they go out, triggering Gamefly's fast return system. If I mail a game out to them, I usually receive the next game 4 to 5 days later.

The only two problems I've had with them could also be attributed to the post office. The very first game they sent to me never made it here, and another time it took 10+ days to ship my next game to me because fast return wasn't triggered.

Dunit35 05-24-2009 03:58 PM

just started an account the other day.

My first two games weren't available. NBA 2K9 and UFC Undisputed. So, I got Dead Space. They shipped it friday from tampa, I'm in OK.

Are all my games going to be unavailable? I'm going to finish a game, send it back, and wait for them to get it and send me another one. It sounds like a long waiting process.

KCChiefsMan 05-24-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 5790041)
just started an account the other day.

My first two games weren't available. NBA 2K9 and UFC Undisputed. So, I got Dead Space. They shipped it friday from tampa, I'm in OK.

Are all my games going to be unavailable? I'm going to finish a game, send it back, and wait for them to get it and send me another one. It sounds like a long waiting process.

I had gamefly when I lived in OKC and hardly ever got my games in the mail. I called up gamefly and they told me that oklahoma city is a bad post office and they have a lot of problems there. That's what he said! So, don't expect much and I never got any new games either. I cancelled after a couple of months.

TrickyNicky 05-24-2009 04:37 PM

I tried it again for a month to see if they improved since they got 2 new shipping centers. They haven't. It's still cheaper to rent from Blockbuster or Mom and pop video stores.

Dunit35 05-24-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 5790109)
I had gamefly when I lived in OKC and hardly ever got my games in the mail. I called up gamefly and they told me that oklahoma city is a bad post office and they have a lot of problems there. That's what he said! So, don't expect much and I never got any new games either. I cancelled after a couple of months.

I live in a small town so our rental selection is tiny.

The new games thing is going to piss me off as much as waiting for days to get one in. How can NBA 2k9 not be available, been out since October.

EDIT: they have a shipping center in Austin now but my 3rd option wasn't available there.

I see myself cancelling this service after a month or two.

KCChiefsMan 05-25-2009 12:30 AM

netflix should start renting out games, charge a few bucks extra per month for that and that would be sweet because netflix rocks!

Saulbadguy 05-25-2009 01:12 AM

A tip for using Gamefly, only put one game in your game Q at a time. There is absolutely NO order in which they ship the games. If it is low availability you will be waiting. Even shipping takes it quite awhile - but it is still a good value IMO.

The cool thing is you can "keep" some games, and they will ship you the case and manual for it for about the same price as a used game at gamestop.

007 05-25-2009 05:51 AM

The only problem with gamefly is that any game that has been out less than 6 months will be low availability. PERIOD. I couldn't warrant spending the money for the service to not even get the games I want to try. Most of the games I was actually able to get from gamefly were available at my local library for free.

Quesadilla Joe 05-25-2009 08:05 AM

I have gotten every game that was on the top of my Game Q, some of them have been low availability.

I love it so far. The only gripe I have about it is they don't ship on Sunday.

Ultra Peanut 05-25-2009 09:16 AM

Gamefly is great.