ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bill Polian rumors start (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267454)

saphojunkie 12-07-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9188467)
Peyton Manning - 1 Super Bowl trophy.

1 colossal waste.

It's not Polian's fault another AFC team found one of if not THE greatest postseason quarterback in NFL history in the sixth round.

Tom Brady and Belichick are the NFL's version of Michael Jordan. Many outstanding NBA teams with hall of fame coaches and players suffered because they happened to be contemporaries of the single most dominant championship hunter ever in Michael Jordan.

saphojunkie 12-07-2012 05:55 PM

Actually, **** all this. I still want DeCosta or Ross.

wazu 12-07-2012 05:58 PM

I think it's fine if Polian isn't your top guy or you have something different in mind, but if on Black Monday we fire Pioli and then hire Polian on Tuesday, we should all be dancing in the streets. That is an upgrade of epic, insane proportions.

Easy 6 12-07-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9187944)
Well then give me some names? Andy Reid? I think he needs atleast a year off.

Billick? He's been out of the game for awhile i'm wondering if theres a reason why.

Cowher? I'd take him.

Yeah, Reid needs some time off for sure, he's been through an emotional pressure cooking blast furnace for the last several years, he seems like one of those guys who doesnt know when to take a break in life and its driven him to distraction... do not want.

No big fan of Billick, give him an all world O and they'll play like it, give him an all world D and they'll play like it... but when has he ever truly developed a squad or done anything remotely groundbreaking. We've all heard of "game managing QB's", he's a game managing HC imo.

The Chin? yeah, i'd take that... but he wont take us.

Brock 12-07-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9188590)
It's not Polian's fault another AFC team found one of if not THE greatest postseason quarterback in NFL history in the sixth round.

Tom Brady and Belichick are the NFL's version of Michael Jordan. Many outstanding NBA teams with hall of fame coaches and players suffered because they happened to be contemporaries of the single most dominant championship hunter ever in Michael Jordan.

It isn't Marty Schottenheimer's fault he coached in a division with Elway. My gosh, cut the guy some slack.

**** all these excuses.

Easy 6 12-07-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9187996)
Good grief. First Jeff Fisher, now Andy Reid. You're terrible.

Fisher just beat the niners with a half baked team.

Brock 12-07-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9188639)
Fisher just beat the niners with a half baked team.

He'll have them up to his customary 8-8 in no time.

BossChief 12-07-2012 06:16 PM

When will people just stop saying decosta?

The guy will be in Baltimore the next 20 years.

I wouldn't be pissed if we got Polian. He has built superbowl teams in multiple cities and his teams are always in it because he understands the importance of the qb and putting the pieces around him to ensure his success.

He is probably towards the top of my list.

King_Chief_Fan 12-07-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9188606)
I think it's fine if Polian isn't your top guy or you have something different in mind, but if on Black Monday we fire Pioli and then hire Polian on Tuesday, we should all be dancing in the streets. That is an upgrade of epic, insane proportions.

as was the story when Pioli was hired

Hootie 12-07-2012 06:27 PM

Tom Brady hasn't won a super bowl in almost a decade...not quite sure how that's comparable to Jordan dominance

New World Order 12-07-2012 06:29 PM

So it's settled, Bill Polian and Andy Reid next year.

Sounds good to me.

Marcellus 12-07-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9188671)
Tom Brady hasn't won a super bowl in almost a decade...not quite sure how that's comparable to Jordan dominance

If football was a QB and 4 other guys on the field playing each other Brady would have 10 rings by now.

You cant compare the 2 sports.

Hootie 12-07-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9188675)
If football was a QB and 4 other guys on the field playing each other Brady would have 10 rings by now.

You cant compare the 2 sports.

So Manning is a choker but Brady gets a pass because football is a team sport. Cool, got it.

GoChargers 12-07-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9188590)
Tom Brady and Belichick are the NFL's version of Michael Jordan.

Horrible comparison. MJ never lost in the Finals. Belicheat and Brady have choked in their last two appearances to a far lesser team (and this was after cheating to win the first three).

And that's not even mentioning their AFC title game meltdown against the Colts, their blowout loss in Foxboro against the Ravens, and losing to Mark Sanchez in a playoff game.

Marcellus 12-07-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9188677)
So Manning is a choker but Brady gets a pass because football is a team sport. Cool, got it.

I never called Manning a choker. Just responding to your question.

Got that?