ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:On first play at camp, Chiefs show their new look (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274833)

O.city 07-26-2013 08:01 PM

He caught a pass down the seam against the Bills on SNF for a TD, IIRC.

However, I think it was a hot route.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-26-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9836923)
I must've missed that year where dante hall was more than a token receiver. Did he ever net 500 yards in a season? Were any of the "deep" passes he received in regular season games anything other than screens?

(These are legitimate questions; I have a terrible memory)

He caught a 60 plus yard TD pass against Buffalo in 03, seam pass. He caught a 50 yard TD pass against the Donkeys in 05 I believe. Didn't happen enough though I agree. That one against Denver was a busted coverage by Champ.

keg in kc 07-26-2013 08:10 PM

I would add to my prior comments that, based on what we've seen on the field the last three years, McCluster isn't anywhere close to Dante Hall. Which is part of my point I was trying to make: Dante Hall couldn't turn himself into a consistent receiving threat with a better quarterback, so I apologize for being skeptical about McCluster's ability to do it with a lesser skillset and Alex Smith.

Which would be why my first response to a 5'7 receiver without any kind of breakaway speed catching deep passes is a chuckle and doubt that I'll see that translated onto the field during the regular season.

But stranger things have happened.

Marcellus 07-26-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9836979)
I would add to my prior comments that, based on what we've seen on the field the last three years, McCluster isn't anywhere close to Dante Hall. Which is part of my point I was trying to make: Dante Hall couldn't turn himself into a consistent receiving threat with a better quarterback, so I apologize for being skeptical about McCluster's ability to do it with a lesser skillset and Alex Smith.

Which would be why my first response to a 5'7 receiver without any kind of breakaway speed catching deep passes is a chuckle and doubt that I'll see that translated onto the field during the regular season.

But stranger things have happened.

No reason to doubt Dex's ability to produce like that long term, I just wouldn't make shit up to try to make that point in the future.

Chief Roundup 07-26-2013 08:19 PM

Damn could you imagine if McCluster and Smith had good seasons. There is certain someone around here that would be in absolute misery.

HonestChieffan 07-26-2013 08:23 PM

No one even mentions Geno Whatshisname anymore.

keg in kc 07-26-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9836990)
No reason to doubt Dex's ability to produce like that long term, I just wouldn't make shit up to try to make that point in the future.

Yeah, because I "make shit up" all the time.

Try turning down the douche. Maybe people would treat you a little better.

Hammock Parties 07-26-2013 09:35 PM

New look Chiefs! Noodle armed QB throwing bombs to midgets! Who needs strong arms and tall, fast receivers?

NANANANANANANA

YOU SAY YOU WANT A REVOLUTION

O.city 07-26-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9837284)
Yeah, because I "make shit up" all the time.

Try turning down the douche. Maybe people would treat you a little better.

It's Marcellus. What do you expect? You said something bad about a Chief.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-26-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9836820)
Regardless of how you feel about the trade or Alex Smith in general, who here wouldnt LOVE it if Ried turned him into beast.
I would say sweet dick Willie, but he was "Fully On board" with Cassel after the 10' Seattle game.

I'm fully on board with Bray. Smith can suck it, as can you.

Line Judge 07-26-2013 10:20 PM

A nickname for McCluster: The Scarlet Pimpernel

They seek him here. They seek him there.
Those Bronkos seek him everywhere.
Did he jink? Has he fell?
That damned, elusive Pimpernel.

With apologies to Baroness Orczy

Hammock Parties 07-26-2013 10:22 PM

Whoa, a lurker post.

I'm creeped out.

TEX 07-26-2013 10:45 PM

Davis as a return man will be a disaster. He fumbles and is an upright runner. Why do coaches like trying shit that will not work...

Mav 07-26-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9836886)
There's that word again. "Potential."

Why do we always have to use that word when we acquire 28-year old starting QBs? Shouldn't they have already reached their potential by the time we get them?

I'll bet Drew Brees didn't go to the Saints and talk about "potential." I'll bet Peyton Manning didn't go to the Donks and say "potential."

sighs. No one knew what they were getting with Drew Brees when he signed with the Saints. The Chargers kicked him to the curb, the Dolphins didn't want him. New Orleans was his 3rd option.

Of course Alex Smith can realize his potential at this point. He wouldn't be the first to be a late bloomer now would he?

Understand the CONTEXT of what I am saying.

Rich Gannon, and Kurt Warner. No, not saying that Alex Smith can be either one of those, but, Alex has a very similar skill set to Gannon. Mobility, their plusses as qbs being short accuracy, and being very smart.

Its amazing what situation and place can do for a guys career.

Mav 07-26-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9837288)
New look Chiefs! Noodle armed QB throwing bombs to midgets! Who needs strong arms and tall, fast receivers?

NANANANANANANA

YOU SAY YOU WANT A REVOLUTION

All off season, you have been saying that you wanted a qb to throw the ball. Now, Andy Reid calls it, Alex Smith delivers it, and you spit on it.

Make up your ****ing mind. Alex Smith is not noodle armed either dick head.

Its average, but its not Christian Ponder, or Colt McCoy weak either.