ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

splatbass 10-27-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 10132945)
I really don't see the hilarity in that statement. A rusty Campbell just came into our house and almost beat us. Regardless of his play today, the key word is stop-gap not QBOTF, which is what Smith is being paraded as.

Who is parading Alex Smith as QBotF? I haven't seen one person.

mattschiefs 10-27-2013 09:45 PM

Just so we are all clear now going
24/36 225 2tds 0 picks 6 runs for 40 yards sucks now?

Yes he missed some throws but name me a QB in the NFL who hasn't and I'll show you a guy who hasn't played much. People Alex wasn't bad today. And the Chiefs won the game. There is room to get better for sure but bashing Alex for those numbers is silly. Alex wasn't the big problem today. That was the O line allowing 6 sacks in the 2nd half.

SPATCH 10-27-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10133021)

Giving up 2 2nd rd. picks implied that Smith was viewed as a long-term solution.

Hammock Parties 10-27-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattschiefs (Post 10133031)

Yes he missed some throws but name me a QB in the NFL who hasn't and I'll show you a guy who hasn't played much. People Alex wasn't bad today. And the Chiefs won the game. There is room to get better for sure but bashing Alex for those numbers is silly. Alex wasn't the big problem today. That was the O line allowing 6 sacks in the 2nd half.

It doesn't suck.

It's a standard "excellent game, Alex!" complete with yards per completion < 10, yards per attempt < 6.5, and points < 24.

Back and to the left.

Anyong Bluth 10-27-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10132267)
If that's how you feel, then why do you spend all day hanging around with the so-called "fat ugly chicks" on here?

It has nothing to do with past franchise success. The bottom line is, with the defense Kansas City has this year, if they had a real quarterback, they'd be Super Bowl bound. That's why Chiefs fans are frustrated with Alice.

Who was available that is/was better?

It's not like we missed out on a FA qb or even a better QB was available for a trade.

So, frustrated as you, I, the fan base may be, there wasn't a plan A option that fell through, and there isn't a QB that would have come in and resulted in more wins.
I'm of the opinion that that doesn't mean you can't upgrade around him before the deadline. Improving the offense by say 1 TD a game and / or converting 1 or 2 3rd downs a game would make this team downright an extremely tough out for anyone they would face for the rest of the year- including the playoffs, which would 2 fold increase getting home field with the #1 seed. Not to mention this is a historic 1st for a cold weather Super Bowl, which only favors a team like the Chiefs.

Talent is out there to get better on the offense, but will we pick up the phone, pull the trigger and say this year we think we can win a ring?

Anyong Bluth 10-27-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10132631)
completely understandable. I expect a full offensive overhaul.

The defense, will be better next year though. That's pretty scary.

How will it be better?

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-27-2013 09:57 PM

I would like to point out at this time that Matt Cassel throws like a ****ing fairy.

Iconic 10-27-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10133021)

Are you kidding me? Did you not see the herd of homers riding Smith's nuts at the beginning of the season? The point is Andy and co didn't trade a 2nd and possible 3rd for a stop gap. This is not what is thrown at a short-term solution. Smith's current contract is only two years but the draft picks say something else entirely.

SPATCH 10-27-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattschiefs (Post 10133031)

Watch the games. Alex Smith has very clear limitations: the most obvious of those limitations is his inability to throw the deep ball.

Some people were arguing that the fact that he overthrew some of his deep balls recently indicates that he has plenty of arm strength. He doesn't. Smith throws the fade route early so that receivers won't out-run his range. He just can't spin a tight, level 3 deep ball very well.

He has chosen precious few moments to throw the fade and it is always a pre-snap read (and almost always just for show). He throws it early and deep so that it won't be picked.

O.city 10-27-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10132963)
I think they're 6-2 at worst with Jason Campbell. Defense has been that good, schedule has been that easy.

Yes, I would rather be in that situation, with the 2013 2nd round pick on the team and contributing (Woods would start, Hunter probably would, too, any ILB they would have taken there probably starts) and the 2014 pick looming on the horizon.

Problem is, in that situation, you run the risk if having Matt cassel as your starting qb.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-27-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10133002)
All Fisher was....was Albert insurance. That makes it a horrible ****ing pick.

Which makes it all the more disgusting.

jd1020 10-27-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10133102)
Problem is, in that situation, you run the risk if having Matt cassel as your starting qb.

lolwut?

Cassel was gone 110% with or without the Smith trade.

O.city 10-27-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10133119)
lolwut?

Cassel was gone 110% with or without the Smith trade.

If you don't trade for smith, and a free agent doesn't wanna come here, who starts?

AussieChiefsFan 10-27-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10133124)
If you don't trade for smith, and a free agent doesn't wanna come here, who starts?

A rookie.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-27-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10133124)

Who wouldn't want to come and work with Reid?