ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Putting a pet down sucks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267348)

Dave Lane 12-03-2012 09:44 PM

Damn dude, good looking pup. Its the worlds hardest thing in my book.

Mosbonian 12-03-2012 09:48 PM

My sympathies Bwana....I know it had to be tough.

Our dog has been with us 14 years....funny thing is, when the wife and kids called me to say they were bringing home a dog 14 years ago I was ticked off. Didn't want a dog then....now don't know what life would be without him.

When the time comes, there is no way I will let him suffer. But it will kill me to have to do it.

SAUTO 12-03-2012 09:50 PM

Sorry to hear man.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod 12-03-2012 09:54 PM

Sorry to hear this. Sucks sucks sucks :(

SCTrojan 12-03-2012 09:54 PM

Sorry for your loss.

Bwana 12-03-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9178290)
Damn dude, good looking pup. Its the worlds hardest thing in my book.

You know what, I have had relatives cash in the chips that didn't hit me this hard. I stayed in the room with her when they gave her the injection and that went very smooth. I wasn't crazy about it, but I figured I owned it to her and didn't want her being alone as her last memory. One second she was eating treats out of my hand while I was scratching her behind the ears, the next she just went to sleep. It was fast and easy for her with no pain. In a deal like that, that's all I could of really asked for.

At least I still have my four year old Doberman and my wife has her mini Aussie.

Dayze 12-03-2012 10:04 PM

god damnit Bwana.

that sucks man. I feel for ya man.

petegz28 12-03-2012 10:07 PM

Sorry for your loss, Bwana. Sounds like she had a good long life.

BigRedChief 12-03-2012 10:13 PM

Been there done that. It's like losing a member of the family. Sorry for your loss.

BIG_DADDY 12-03-2012 10:41 PM

I hate puttin dogs down, really feel for you Greg.

gblowfish 12-03-2012 10:44 PM

Very sorry to read this. Sad for you, and hope you'll eventually give a home to another deserving puppy who needs a forever home.

Dave Lane 12-03-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9178357)
You know what, I have had relatives cash in the chips that didn't hit me this hard. I stayed in the room with her when they gave her the injection and that went very smooth. I wasn't crazy about it, but I figured I owned it to her and didn't want her being alone as her last memory. One second she was eating treats out of my hand while I was scratching her behind the ears, the next she just went to sleep. It was fast and easy for her with no pain. In a deal like that, that's all I could of really asked for.

At least I still have my four year old Doberman and my wife has her mini Aussie.

Glad you got some other pups and were there for her. My last one I couldn't do it, couldn't look at her couldn't see it. Was busted up for a long time.

Gravedigger 12-03-2012 10:56 PM

Sorry to hear that man.

About a month ago my girlfriend and I had to make the decision. We adopted a cat two months before that from the shelter she volunteers at and then something happened that I had never seen before and I had grown up with cats all my life. His urethra spasmed to where he couldn't urinate. His bladder became full so we drained it with a catheter and hoped that it wouldn't happen again for awhile. Low and behold he made it one more week then we were told we'd have to drop 3000 for a surgery, he'd have frequent UTI's the rest of his life, pretty much made it sound like he wasn't going to enjoy the life we'd be giving him so we had him put down. It was tough, it wasn't 15 years like you had, but whether its a few months or many years it never gets easier to make that decision. Theres never a proper time either, if you do it you constantly think could it have gotten better or did we take the right path. If you do it too late you see your friend and essentially child suffer. Theres no win with it, all you can do is stand by your decision and know that they're in a better place. I'm sorry for your loss.

The Poz 12-03-2012 11:01 PM

I've got my best bud sleeping next to me as I'm reading this thread. Tough times I'm sure. Gonna be the worst of days when it comes time. My Condolences.

Al Czervik 12-03-2012 11:02 PM

What a great looking Lab....
Sorry for your loss....Man's best friend is so true!!!