ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Dear Friends, (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130287)

Phobia 12-02-2005 11:38 PM

Dear Friends,

I have a lot invested in ChiefsPlanet; time, emotion, sweat, money, but mostly just time.... Five years is quite a while and a very good run. I'm moving on to another opportunity, one I feel will enable us to more readily realize what had been my aspirations for ChiefsPlanet. I'll have media access, credibility, and the possibility of eventually doing this stuff fulltime.

Preferably, this is not "goodbye". I plan to see you at events, around town, Arrowhead, and on the other Chiefs site I'll be managing.

I've had a lot of mixed emotions coming to this decision. Literally, this has taken months. More than 6 months, actually. It's hard to leave a place you've helped to build from the ground up, but I've recently felt stagnant here - lots of frustration - I'm sure you've noticed. I invited AustinChief to come and bring the entire board along but he didn't really seem very interested. Don't take take that last statement as bashing Kyle. We're friends. We've always been friends. We're just not very effective partners, apparently. Therefore, I'm moving on to a site that will become THE place for Chiefs news heading forward.

I'll try to answer questions about it in this thread, but I really don't know how long Kyle will indulge me. As soon as I submit this thread, I'm terminating my admin access.

Oddly enough, I'm not going to spam ChiefsPlanet to pimp the new digs. You'll find us. The Internet is a small place.

With Warmest of Regards,

Phil "Phobia"

SLAG 12-02-2005 11:40 PM

WOW

Im Speachless

Katipan 12-02-2005 11:41 PM

... whatever makes you happy, baby.

Hammock Parties 12-02-2005 11:41 PM

I...I'm at a loss for words.

Why are you giving up?

Brando 12-02-2005 11:44 PM

Dude...sad to hear...best of luck at www.blacksonblondes.com.

Reaper16 12-02-2005 11:45 PM

This sounds like one Hell of an oppourtunity. Looking forward to your next endeavor. :thumb:

Hammock Parties 12-02-2005 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando
best of luck at www.blacksonblondes.com.

He's got it up and running already!

tk13 12-02-2005 11:46 PM

Do you think two days before the biggest Chiefs game in about 2 years is the right time to be doing this?

ChiefsKing 12-02-2005 11:47 PM

will your site be able to handle the traffic of a chiefs site after a Denver game?

Phobia 12-02-2005 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
I...I'm at a loss for words.

Why are you giving up?

That is an interesting choice of words. I don't look at it that way. I'm being promoted. I no longer work at the mom & pop. Now I work for one of the largest sports networks in the world.

philfree 12-02-2005 11:49 PM

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! My hat is off for what you've done here and I wish success in the future.

PhilFree:arrow:

ferrarispider95 12-02-2005 11:49 PM

can i have your old login

Hammock Parties 12-02-2005 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
I invited AustinChief to come and bring the entire board along but he didn't really seem very interested.

What does this mean, exactly?

Taco John 12-02-2005 11:49 PM

Wow. Is that a tumbleweed I just saw blow by?

AirForceChief 12-02-2005 11:49 PM

I'd like to say I'm stunned, but as a long time Planeteer, I just have to say, "Who were you, again?" And, "Clean that up before you leave."