ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If the Chiefs go 8-8 or better 49ers get a 2nd round pick. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272817)

New World Order 05-06-2013 08:17 AM

We aren't going anywhere with Alex Smith, even if this regime hated the qb prospects this year why not bring in someone like Hasselbeck to start, that way you have a solid veteran playing and we still have our draft picks.

unlurking 05-06-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9661192)
8-8 does not mean good QB play.
Why is it based on record vs. QB play? This team can go 8-8 with any QB other than Cassel. Something fishy about this.

6 game improvement to 8-8 is worth a second round pick?:spock:

I'm wondering the same. If Smith gets hit by a bus and never plays a down for us, we still may end up paying a 2nd if we go 8-8? I thought we should have been 8-8 last year. While Cassel would never have been a playoff winner for us, coaching was why were abysmal rather than our usual mediocre.

Dayze 05-06-2013 08:17 AM

I honestly think the Smith trade was based on bad judgement of what value they placed on Smith. I can understand, given that we had Cassel, a bad FA market, and what I'm assuming they thought was a bad QB draft class, that they went with the best option in Smitt.

but the amount they were willing to pay for it, was not a smart decision. For their sakes, they had better hope he plays well. There is ZERO reason why he shouldn't (other than he just straight up sucks). He'll have arguably the best OL in the league.

For me, his leash is very short. I'd say 2 games of Cassel-esque performances will be it for me.

Chiefshrink 05-06-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661173)
complete bullshit

***** didn't make this stupid trade

Dorsey did...it's a ****ing embarrassment of a trade

a smart team with a smart front office donkey punched us

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9661182)
Ya Bull Shit.

We were hanging onto the #1 pick of the draft and for all SF knew we could take Geno Smith or another QB if Dorsey and Reid acted as if that is the direction they wanted to go. From all reports not many teams were that interested in Alex Smith and that a 3rd round pick would have got the deal done.

When you don't have sh** at QB and you are the new regime and the draft class coming out doesn't have an Andrew Luck, and your potential trading partner KNOWS all this, you have to drop your pants even further. WHY ??? Because everyone KNOWS this is a QB DRIVEN LEAGUE !!

If you are the new regime you don't hang your hat on a weak ass QB draft class, neither do you hang your hat on your previous QB roster. So AS was the best option. I don't like it anymore than you but look at the reality of it.

You just have to get over the fact that we had the No.1 pick with no Andrew Luck or RGIII available for us to take. I get it but you don't force a square peg in a round hole when all signs show there are more likely square pegs than round pegs to choose from.

Fritz88 05-06-2013 08:24 AM

We got raped on this. As bad as Pioli is, he'll never get screwed over like this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Munson 05-06-2013 08:25 AM

**** you, Dorsey! :mad:

We got raped in this trade. Only this franchise would give up that much for a scrub QB, who is basically the same QB we've had the past 4 years.

ChiliConCarnage 05-06-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661155)
from a practical standpoint, we supposedly believe in building through the draft, but gave up 2 seconds for going 8-8 with a stop gap QB....there's no spin for this

at least if it was contingent on a playoff appearance you could rationalize it...8-8?

ROFL

It's called negotiating. You're making too much of the 8-8. The Chiefs probably started high the 9ers started low and they ended up in the middle. It's not some sign that Clark Hunt only wants to go 8-8. The Dorseid needed to walk away from this deal but they were too desperate to get Alex Smith. It's hard to even write something like that it's so ridiculous. They should have just backed away and picked up some other veteran for a year.

the Talking Can 05-06-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9661226)
When you don't have sh** at QB and you are the new regime and the draft class coming out doesn't have an Andrew Luck, and your potential trading partner KNOWS all this, you have to drop your pants even further. WHY ??? Because everyone KNOWS this is a QB DRIVEN LEAGUE !!

If you are the new regime you don't hang your hat on a weak ass QB draft class, neither do you hang your hat on your previous QB roster. So AS was the best option. I don't like it anymore than you but look at the reality of it.

You just have to get over the fact that we had the No.1 pick with no Andrew Luck or RGIII available for us to take. I get it but you don't force a square peg in a round hole when all signs show there are more likely square pegs than round pegs to choose from.

complete nonsense...just pathetic rationalizing of an idiotic trade

but I guess "ANDREW LUCK OMGZ!!!" will be sitting there for us next year when we're 8-8 and looking for a QB...right?

Chiefshrink 05-06-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9661214)
I honestly think the Smith trade was based on bad judgement of what value they placed on Smith. I can understand, given that we had Cassel, a bad FA market, and what I'm assuming they thought was a bad QB draft class, that they went with the best option in Smitt.

but the amount they were willing to pay for it, was not a smart decision. For their sakes, they had better hope he plays well. There is ZERO reason why he shouldn't (other than he just straight up sucks). He'll have arguably the best OL in the league.

For me, his leash is very short. I'd say 2 games of Cassel-esque performances will be it for me.

To your point, the overpayment is the consequence of no leverage(having Cassel, AS available, No legit Luck in the QB draft class, AND a New Regime that wants and has to win NOW) PERIOD !!

No leverage, you get hosed every time especially when you are in a position of MISSION CRITICAL NEED AT QB and your trading partner KNOWS IT !!

Rasputin 05-06-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9661226)

NO they didn't and worse is if we have to give up next years second round pick when 2014 is suppose to have a better QB draft class. This is the problem now. This is what makes this trade so bad. **** Alex Smith he was not worth the risk of 2 twos and give up a chance at future QB prospects of the draft. No matter how much anyone wants to spin it they didn't have to take that deal.

the Talking Can 05-06-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9661238)
It's called negotiating. You're making too much of the 8-8. The Chiefs probably started high the 9ers started low and they ended up in the middle. It's not some sign that Clark Hunt only wants to go 8-8. The Dorseid needed to walk away from this deal but they were too desperate to get Alex Smith. It's hard to even write something like that it's so ridiculous. They should have just backed away and picked up some other veteran for a year.

8-8 has no value...it is meaningless and worthless

then the Chiefs showed up and placed a value upon it, a second round pick

this is stupid beyond even typical Chiefs stupidity

Dave Lane 05-06-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9661238)

Or waited for the price to come down to a single 3rd rounder.

Imon Yourside 05-06-2013 08:32 AM

Lolz, we will be 8-8 and miss the playoffs...count on it.

the Talking Can 05-06-2013 08:32 AM

next year we'll be 8-8 with no 2nd round pick to use for a trade up

according to Chiefs fans, we're going to get our QBOTF in next years draft...and remember, any qb we draft has to be completely risk free like ANDREW LUCK OMG!!

genious

DeezNutz 05-06-2013 08:32 AM

Luck was a "generational talent," and the Chiefs weren't in a position to draft him.

Welp, there's always hope for the next generation.