ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Is Kansas City ashamed of the Chiefs?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292052)

InChiefsHeaven 04-22-2015 12:01 PM

Is Kansas City ashamed of the Chiefs??

So last night I was watching TV and they had a commercial on for "Come Visit Kansas City". The commercial higlights all the neat stuff in KC, including two mentions of the Royals...I've seen these commercials over the years and they NEVER mention the Chiefs...now, I recognize that it's a summer promotional thing, but damn, last I saw the Football season starts before the end of summer...

It just seems strange to me that over and over again they do NOT mention the Chiefs, but they DO mention the Royals...

...aaaaand I'm done pooping...

MIAdragon 04-22-2015 12:02 PM

Can you blame them?

loochy 04-22-2015 12:03 PM

hmmmm

mention winning team with youth that the country seemed to really get behind during last year's run

or

mention chronically mediocre team that is largely anonymous in the nfl landscape

Reaper16 04-22-2015 12:06 PM

I mean, I'm ashamed of the whole NFL.

Pablo 04-22-2015 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 11452401)
hmmmm

mention winning team with youth that the country seemed to really get behind during last year's run

or

mention chronically mediocre team that is largely anonymous in the nfl landscape

Yeah, it's not hard to figure out.

The Royals were and are exciting. The Royals gave KC something to be proud of for the first time in two decades. The Chiefs have given us diarrhea and retread faces of the franchise.

Not a whole lot to get pumped about.

Maybe they could have mentioned the "LOUDEST STADIUM IN THE WORLD - TERRORHEAD!!" or something since that's what the Chiefs claim to fame is.

KCUnited 04-22-2015 12:07 PM

Had a yard sale 2 weekends ago and had a never worn Chiefs hat out there for $1. By 11:00am it had a "free" tag on it. By 2:30 it was in the donate pile.

Someone paid money for a used foot massager. A used foot massager.

InChiefsHeaven 04-22-2015 12:07 PM

Seriously, if someone mentions Kansas City, they think BBQ and Chiefs, and I guess the Royals, who were shit until last season. I'm talking about every time I've ever seen a KC commercial, going back years, they never mention the Chiefs. Seems odd is all...

Dave Lane 04-22-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11452412)

The Royals were and are exciting. The Royals gave KC something to be proud of for the first time in two decades. The Chiefs have given us diarrhea and retread faces of the franchise.

Maybe they could have mentioned the "LOUDEST STADIUM IN THE WORLD - TERRORHEAD!!" or something since that's what the Chiefs claim to fame is.

ROFL

Pablo 04-22-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11452414)
Had a yard sale 2 weekends ago and had a never worn Chiefs hat out there for $1. By 11:00am it had a "free" tag on it. By 2:30 it was in the donate pile.

It doesn't help that most Chiefs gear is atrocious looking. Anything with the red and yellow just looks bad.

I got a plain red pullover with the arrowhead logo on the tittie and some gray collar/trim accents, and it looks good though.

KC_Lee 04-22-2015 12:11 PM

A summer promotional ad that mentions a sport that is primarily played during the summer...

Wonder if a different version of the commercial might get played in the eastern part of the country and mentions Cardinals over the Rams?

But to answer your question; yes...we are ashamed of the Chiefs. Only so many times you can send out another team's reject / retread QB and get excited.

Pablo 04-22-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 11452415)
Seriously, if someone mentions Kansas City, they think BBQ and Chiefs, and I guess the Royals, who were shit until last season. I'm talking about every time I've ever seen a KC commercial, going back years, they never mention the Chiefs. Seems odd is all...

The Chiefs get to take a backseat to the Royals until they win something. Anything.

Seems fair to me. If the Chiefs actually win a playoff game or make some sort of push and an actual title run anytime soon, they'll get never ending blowies from any and everyone in KC.

Easy 6 04-22-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11452414)

Get ahold of Barrys Kool-Aid, he'll give you a buck for it.

InChiefsHeaven 04-22-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11452426)
The Chiefs get to take a backseat to the Royals until they win something. Anything.

Seems fair to me. If the Chiefs actually win a playoff game or make some sort of push and an actual title run anytime soon, they'll get never ending blowies from any and everyone in KC.

They were mentioning the Royals when the Royals were total and complete shit.

I guess I get it, but it just seems surprising to me. More people know\knew who Priest Holmes and Jamaal Charles are compared to probably anyone playing for the Royals, until maybe last year. I'd bet it was the same in the early 90's with Montana and Allen.

I don't really care, it's a commercial that runs up here in Omaha. Just curious. I know baseball is a summer sport, but...ah, screw it.

Go Royals.

Prison Bitch 04-22-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11452412)

That was mean. (But very funny)

WhawhaWhat 04-22-2015 12:19 PM

It's a baseball town that had a really shitty team for most of the last 25 years. Plus it's easier to invite people to your city to see 1 of 81 home baseball games vs 1 of 8 (or 7) home football games.