ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs will make the playoffs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=168484)

chiefbowe82 08-24-2007 06:49 PM

Chiefs will make the playoffs

I called you all out last year, I'm not afriad to do it again!

htismaqe 08-24-2007 07:06 PM

ROFL

You go girl!

StcChief 08-24-2007 07:08 PM

Chiefs :homer: if I ever saw one.

I'm optimistic as the next Chief fan, things are really gonna have to gel quickly

Vegas_Dave 08-24-2007 07:08 PM

I like your moxey... wrong as you may be.

Good call though!

Buehler445 08-24-2007 07:09 PM

Hope so.

Skip Towne 08-24-2007 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
ROFL

You go girl!

:LOL:

Priest4Prez 08-24-2007 07:16 PM

I call BS on this one

NUMBER7 08-24-2007 07:31 PM

Nice optimistic thought...you definitely are a glass half fuller.

RustShack 08-24-2007 07:33 PM

I'm gonna agree, whens the last time we won a pre season game anyway? We still usually have a pretty good season. I don't care about what happens in these games that don't mean anything. With McIntosh and Johnson back, and Bowe getting used to the Pro game, I think Croyle will do a pretty good job.

penchief 08-24-2007 07:34 PM

I've been thinking about this a lot.

We've never been bashed like we've been bashed in the media this year. I have never heard so many people say how pathetic we're going to be. It doesn't matter if it's ESPN, Fox, or SI. It just seems like we're expected to be a four-win team or something. And the entire media is jumping on the bandwagon. I think I know more about this team than the national media.

I agree that we are starting out slowly. But one thing I've noticed for the last several years (all of Vermeil's and even Herm's last year, it seems) is that we always play like we're still in preseason for the first two or three games of the regular season. I can't remember the last time I felt confident about the way the team was playing heading into the season. But it always seems like we get stronger as the season goes on.

So I'm not going to rule out a slow start followed up by a strong finish. We could end up being a Cinderella story.

Bearcat 08-24-2007 07:35 PM

Excuse my bluntness, but who gives a flying f*** about making it into the playoffs anymore? Getting in last year was proof they'll let anyone in these days.

Buehler445 08-24-2007 07:35 PM

If we make it to the postseason, it will be nice, but it isn't my goal on the season. I want to build a solid experience base for the future. Often times, the best experience isn't completely dominating another team, or flawless play. In order to develop talent, it is necessary for them to screw up to learn from it.

Bearcat 08-24-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445
If we make it to the postseason, it will be nice, but it isn't my goal on the season. I want to build a solid experience base for the future. Often times, the best experience isn't completely dominating another team, or flawless play. In order to develop talent, it is necessary for them to screw up to learn from it.

Pfft... talk like that is bound to get us nothing but a high draft pick and hope for the future. Ride the train to mediocrity... WooWoo!

Priest4Prez 08-24-2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUMBER7
Nice optimistic thought...you definitely are a glass half fuller.

yepper, rooney. I really don't want to have a 2006 season again. I'd rather win it all or lose a bunch

Vegas_Dave 08-24-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penchief
But one thing I've noticed for the last several years (all of Vermeil's and even Herm's last year, it seems) is that we always play like we're still in preseason for the first two or three games of the regular season. I can't remember the last time I felt confident about the way the team was playing heading into the season. But it always seems like we get stronger as the season goes on.

What about when we started 9-0... were you confident that year?