ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV 'Star Wars' saga set for 3D release starting 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234369)

Frazod 03-05-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 7468280)
Thanks for the link, I will check them out.

They'are awesome, but you'll need some time. He also skewers the TNG Star Trek movies.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7468284)
They'are awesome, but you'll need some time. He also skewers the TNG Star Trek movies.

Outside of First Contact, I thought they were unwatchable, although I really, really enjoyed FC.

Bowser 03-05-2011 01:50 PM

**** Lucas in his filthy, billion dollar ass.

Stop milking the same cow, and continue the story, dammit.

Bowser 03-05-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7468360)
Outside of First Contact, I thought they were unwatchable, although I really, really enjoyed FC.

First Contact was by far the best movie with TNG. And as I posted in the Movies thread, I caught the climax battle scene in Nemesis and really enjoyed it. Hokie moments to be sure, but I liked it more than I remembered liking it originally (probably since I didn't have to sit through that dune buggy scene, or the whole B4 cluster****).

Hammock Parties 03-05-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7468486)
**** Lucas in his filthy, billion dollar ass.

Stop milking the same cow, and continue the story, dammit.

You should read this thread:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ar+wars+%2Cega

New live action TV show, new movies.

Bowser 03-05-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7468498)
You should read this thread:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ar+wars+%2Cega

New live action TV show, new movies.

Forgot about that thread, and I missed the news that Lucas is wanting to continue the storyline. If it turns out to be true, that's great news to be sure. But, I've come to doubt Lucas' ability to write, much less direct. Looks like there's a few years to get it right, so we'll see.....

Frazod 03-05-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7468360)

I loved FC as well, but Plinkett definitely made some valid points about things that didn't make much sense.

As for the rest, I thought Generations was OK. Insurrection was abominably bad, and Nemesis was mostly bad with some redeeming moments.

Bowser 03-05-2011 02:19 PM

Insurrection would have made a bad Star Trek episode. They could have done so much more with that movie, especially since it was smack dab in the middle of the DS9 Dominion Wars storyline.

Halfcan 03-05-2011 04:58 PM

To bad Lucas never spent 1/10 the time on a descent script as he did on effects.

I will have to pass on these.

mnchiefsguy 03-05-2011 06:13 PM

Actually, the fact that Lawerence Kasdan had nothing to do with the prequels hurt as well. He helped finish the Empire script after Leigh Brackett passed away, and he also had significant input into Return of the Jedi. Leigh Brackett passing away hurt the scripts more than anything....it was her writing that made Empire the best of the films, imo.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 7469131)
Actually, the fact that Lawerence Kasdan had nothing to do with the prequels hurt as well. He helped finish the Empire script after Leigh Brackett passed away, and he also had significant input into Return of the Jedi. Leigh Brackett passing away hurt the scripts more than anything....it was her writing that made Empire the best of the films, imo.

Return of the Jedi was garbage, IMO. Outside of the lightsaber battle between Luke & Vader, it's pretty much unwatchable.

The Ewoks were far more annoying than Jar Jar, at least IMO. It was like watching the Muppet Show.

Bowser 03-05-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7469315)
Return of the Jedi was garbage, IMO. Outside of the lightsaber battle between Luke & Vader, it's pretty much unwatchable.

The Ewoks were far more annoying than Jar Jar, at least IMO. It was like watching the Muppet Show.

Oh come on! The ewoks were annoying, to be sure, but it had Leia in the golden bikini, a badass space battle, Vader getting offed as he turned good, and a giant diseased vagina in the desert....

007 03-05-2011 08:27 PM

Jedi was still better than Clones and Revenge though.

007 03-05-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7469324)
Oh come on! The ewoks were annoying, to be sure, but it had Leia in the golden bikini, a badass space battle, Vader getting offed as he turned good, and a giant diseased vagina in the desert....

ROFL

Hammock Parties 03-05-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7469315)

The skiff battle is the greatest action setpiece in the Star Wars Trilogy.

The space battle is the greatest space battle in CINEMA history.