ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV 'Star Wars' saga set for 3D release starting 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234369)

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7469324)
Oh come on! The ewoks were annoying, to be sure, but it had Leia in the golden bikini, a badass space battle, Vader getting offed as he turned good, and a giant diseased vagina in the desert....

I never thought Carrie Fisher was hot ROTJ but man, did she turn out to be a hottie!

007 03-05-2011 08:38 PM

Holy shit!!! It's the woman from Total Recall.

http://www.bloodygoodhorror.com/bgh/...large_03_0.jpg

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7469329)
The skiff battle is the greatest action setpiece in the Star Wars Trilogy.

It was so fake looking that I remember laughing out loud in 1983 at the old Glenwood Theater.

Quote:

The space battle is the greatest space battle in CINEMA history.

If you exclude every other sci-fi movie ever made, I'd agree.

Bowser 03-05-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

The space battle is the greatest space battle in CINEMA history.

coughcough

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fhiFmJszwrk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 03-05-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7469342)
I never thought Carrie Fisher was hot ROTJ but man, did she turn out to be a hottie!

Jabba pooped out a baby! (I think it was Baby Lee that posted that reference in the Epic Fail thread, btw)

Hammock Parties 03-05-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7469348)
It was so fake looking that I remember laughing out loud in 1983 at the old Glenwood Theater.

There's nothing fake about it. It was all filmed on location. That's what makes it so badass. No friggin bluescreen.

Quote:

If you exclude every other sci-fi movie ever made, I'd agree.
Bullshit, Dane. Nothing holds a candle to Jedi's space scenes. The shit in the prequel trilogy isn't even as cool, and this is a common opinion among Star Wars fans.

And don't even bring up Star Trek.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7469384)
There's nothing fake about it. It was all filmed on location. That's what makes it so badass. No friggin bluescreen.

What looks fake are the actors imposed over the desert setting, especially as the skiff is leaving the Pit of Sarlacc. The burps were stupid as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7469384)
Bullshit, Dane. Nothing holds a candle to Jedi's space scenes. The shit in the prequel trilogy isn't even as cool, and this is a common opinion among Star Wars fans.

And don't even bring up Star Trek.

LMAO

I don't give a crap about what Star Wars fanboys think about ROTJ. I greatly preferred the space battles in ANH and TPM far more than ROTJ.

ROTJ was essentially a remake of ANH, which made it even dumber.

Hammock Parties 03-05-2011 10:04 PM

Dane has poor taste in science fiction.

keg in kc 03-05-2011 10:04 PM

I think the problem with Jedi was the ewoks. If they'd stuck to the original plan and had it be wookies, that film would be viewed in a completely different way.

I absolutely love the end of it, though, the way the three separate storylines play out in unison, woven together by what I think are some of John Williams' best moments.

The movie as a whole is the weakest of the three, but that final act is epic.

KcMizzou 03-05-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7469486)
I think the problem with Jedi was the ewoks. If they'd stuck to the original plan and had it be wookies, that film would be viewed in a completely different way.

I absolutely love the end of it, though, the way the three separate storylines play out in unison, woven together by what I think are some of John Williams' best moments.

The movie as a whole is the weakest of the three, but that final act is epic.

Yes.

KcMizzou 03-05-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7469451)
ROTJ was essentially a remake of ANH, which made it even dumber.

That was annoying. The Death Star thing again?

007 03-05-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7469510)
That was annoying. The Death Star thing again?

What was really stupid is the fact they made a hole big enough to fly the falcon through. The first Death Star was harder to destroy.

Bowser 03-05-2011 10:27 PM

As far as pure SFX goes, the space battle in RotJ was unmatched for its time, and it holds up well today. That started with Empire, watching the Falcon go through the asteroid field with the TIE fighters in tow.

As far as the action sequence in the desert goes, it was cool when I was 13 and watching it, but pretty bad in retrospect. The missed kick by Luke, the slow, methodical choreography of the fight itself, the fact that Luke should have been blown to bits by all the mercenaries with blasters....

[/nerd]

mnchiefsguy 03-05-2011 10:28 PM

Jedi would have been ten times better if it had been Wookies instead of Ewoks. The first part of Jedi is pretty cool, but the Ewoks keep it from totally awesome. Jedi is my least favorite of the original trilogy (Empire is by far my favorite.)

mnchiefsguy 03-05-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7469527)
As far as pure SFX goes, the space battle in RotJ was unmatched for its time, and it holds up well today. That started with Empire, watching the Falcon go through the asteroid field with the TIE fighters in tow.

As far as the action sequence in the desert goes, it was cool when I was 13 and watching it, but pretty bad in retrospect. The missed kick by Luke, the slow, methodical choreography of the fight itself, the fact that Luke should have been blown to bits by all the mercenaries with blasters....

[/nerd]

The space battle most certainly has held its own over time....the sarlacc pit, not so much. I would agree with that.