ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV 'Star Wars' saga set for 3D release starting 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234369)

Bowser 03-05-2011 10:29 PM

Yeah, another vote for "it should have been wookies". I understand why Lucas did what he did, but doesn't mean I like it.

Hammock Parties 03-05-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7469516)
What was really stupid is the fact they made a hole big enough to fly the falcon through. The first Death Star was harder to destroy.

I disagree. It didn't even have a shield.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7469557)
I disagree. It didn't even have a shield.

Yeah, that shield was really effective.

LMAO

It took about 4 guys to knock it out in less than 24 hours.

Ewwww, that shield was a scary deterrent.

LMAO

kysirsoze 03-05-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7467982)
I never understood the hate for Phantom Menace. I thought it was an awesome Star Wars film, complete with Jedi vs. Sith, a great race, awesome lightsaber battles and the perfect Jedi in Liam Neeson.

I also believe that it's John Williams finest Star Wars score, maybe his best score, ever.

Personally, Jar Jar never bothered me and I liked the story line quite a bit. With that said, AOTC is absolutely unwatchable for me and ROTS is only slightly better.

Liam Neeson's character was completely irrelevant. It should have just been Obi Wan. Instead we got a Jedi that cheated people using his force powers (Wato) and absolutely refused to use logic or proper reasoning at any point throughout the story. Also, we got Obi Wan doing jack shit except whining and pouting. Obi Wan should have been the one wanting to train Anakin from the beginning. It would have made the other two movies mean so much more.

Midichlorians (sp?) were a such a terrible addition they actually made the original trilogy worse. The entire premise for the peril of the Naboo people was incomprehensible and impausible. (The trade federation blocading against trade? What space supplies did these people need so desperately? WHERE WERE THE NABOOIANS??? (SP??))

Don't even get me started on the Senate scenes with all the politcal intrigue of late night C-Span.

That movie sucked. The original trilogy was great because it made us care about the characters. The only thing I cared about was seeing Jar-Jar die a horrible death and they couldn't even deliver on that. The only cool character in the movie got taken out like a total punk by a sniveling douchebag.

I'm just gonna stop myself, but I think you see where I'm going with this.

kysirsoze 03-05-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7469485)
Dane has poor taste in science fiction.

This is a thread about fantasy movies. Not science fiction.

Hammock Parties 03-05-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7469591)
Yeah, that shield was really effective.

LMAO

It took about 4 guys to knock it out in less than 24 hours.

Ewwww, that shield was a scary deterrent.

LMAO

Actually it took a completely unforseen save-your-ass-at-the-last-second revolt from the local wildlife to take it down.

The rebels got lucky. If the ewoks don't befriend them they walk right into a trap and get their asses kicked.

It ALSO took a stolen Imperial shuttle.

Taking down that shield was no walk in the park.

Frazod 03-05-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7469315)
Return of the Jedi was garbage, IMO. Outside of the lightsaber battle between Luke & Vader, it's pretty much unwatchable.

The Ewoks were far more annoying than Jar Jar, at least IMO. It was like watching the Muppet Show.

You REALLY need to watch the Red Letter Media reviews.

Phantom Menace is one of the worst movies ever made. I don't like the teddy bears killing storm troopers shit either, but seriously, ROTJ is 1,000 times better than PM.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7469485)
Dane has poor taste in science fiction.

:deevee:

the Talking Can 03-06-2011 12:02 AM

The Phantom Menace is one of the worst movies ever made, why in the name of aids jesus would you want to see one of the worst movies ever made in 3-D?

Hammock Parties 03-06-2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7469669)
The Phantom Menace is one of the worst movies ever made, why in the name of aids jesus would you want to see one of the worst movies ever made in 3-D?

It's visually orgasmic.

KcMizzou 03-06-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7469672)
It's visually orgasmic.

Just like Avatar.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2011 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7469679)
Just like Avatar.

would have been so much better with Matt Damon.

Damn Bourne Ultimatum.

keg in kc 03-06-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Just like Avatar.

To me, Avatar was great because of the way the story was told. The story itself, in a nuts and bolts sense, is nothing special. But the world just felt so real, at least on a massive screen in 3D (for me it doesn't translate nearly as well viewing at home). But sometimes storytelling can elevate a shallow story into something great.

(That how I look at Mass Effect 2, to pull another artistic genre into this...)

The Phantom Menace, on the other hand, tells a bad story badly. The acting is bad, the script is bad, the story is awful, and then there's jar jar.

That movie has zero redeeming qualities.

kysirsoze 03-06-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Just like Avatar.

I'm no Avatar fan, but comparing it to TPM is a little unfair.

Frazod 03-06-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 7470579)
I'm no Avatar fan, but comparing it to TPM is a little unfair.

Agreed. TPM would probably have been much better if Lucas had stolen a good script from an earlier movie.