ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Edge of Tomorrow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279400)

Deberg_1990 06-07-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10676772)
I get the impression it isn't doing well. I think everybody went to see the emo cancer teens movie this weekend. But it's a light summer for movies from this point on, so it can do well in the long haul, especially with the good word-of-mouth.

The cancer weepy is huge with women and teen girls. They all rush out on opening weekend. It will fall fast.

I think this movie will have some legs with the word of mouth.

I agree its a tough sell in todays market.

Cruise is a name, but holds no value to the teen market.

Its an original Sci-Fi flick, which is tough sell in todays movie going world. People like built in awareness.

Buck 06-07-2014 06:49 PM

Tom Cruise looks amazing for being in his 50s.

Bowser 06-07-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10677036)
Tom Cruise looks amazing for being in his 50s.

It would be nice to be able to afford a nutritionist, a cook, a lifetime supply of HGH (or other PED's necessary) and a personal trainer, wouldn't it? That said he certainly puts in the time to take care of himself, so props to him.

And yeah, it had a strong Groundhog Day resemblance, but I consider this movie to be original, especially considering the genre. I'll be talking this movie up to anyone that wants to hear it.

keg in kc 06-07-2014 10:37 PM

Not only is it science fiction, it's high concept science fiction. Anything that makes people use their brains is a harder sell. It's the same problem Looper (which was actually the first movie I thought of walking out of EoT, quality-wise). Emily Blunt doesn't have a whole lot of luck with these I guess.

Hammock Parties 06-07-2014 10:41 PM

This is getting great reviews. Sad if it bombs.

kcchiefsus 06-07-2014 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10676788)
Ok, so we showed up right when the 3D IMAX started, so we splurged and went there.

Loved it, as did the kid. Very entertaining with unexpected humor throughout. Would see again in the theater.

Kids don't know what they really want or what's good for them.

I didn't want to see The Matrix in theaters with my dad when it came out. Boy, was I wrong.

Deberg_1990 06-08-2014 09:00 AM

Low female, low under 25 appeal......

@giteshpandya: #EdgeOfTomorrow stats: skewed towards adult men - 61% male, 73% over25. Premium options did well - 47% 3D, 14% #IMAX.”

“@giteshpandya: Despite amazing reviews, mainstream crowds found #EdgeOfTomorrow to be just ok. B+ CinemaScore. SAT down 1%.”

“@giteshpandya: #EdgeOfTomorrow opens #3 w/ $29.1M wknd. That's same range as last summer's star-driven sci-fi pics Elysium & AfterEarth.”

BigBeauford 06-08-2014 10:47 AM

This movie is pretty similar to Source Code, which is also a good flick.

Deberg_1990 06-08-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 10677803)
This movie is pretty similar to Source Code, which is also a good flick.

Yea, that's the one I was trying to think of. Thanks

Sure-Oz 06-08-2014 01:01 PM

Loved this flick. I see some people didn't like the ending I hear.

Gravedigger 06-08-2014 01:41 PM

It was pretty good. It was funnier than I thought it would be and it was a lot of fun seeing Tom Cruise mess with time and the ways he died over and over again. I'll buy it when it comes out.

Anyong Bluth 06-08-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10678073)

Tell them to kill themselves so they can wakeup again and have a different ending they do like.

BigRichard 06-08-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10678073)

I really enjoyed it but my wife said she hated the ending. I thought it was the perfect ending. Everyone is now showing him the respect an officer usually gets until he gets to her and she has the same line she always does when he is looking at her. She is the same no matter who he is. And that is who he came to fall for.

Sure-Oz 06-08-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10678465)
I really enjoyed it but my wife said she hated the ending. I thought it was the perfect ending. Everyone is now showing him the respect an officer usually gets until he gets to her and she has the same line she always does when he is looking at her. She is the same no matter who he is. And that is who he came to fall for.

I believe some hardcore people wanted
Spoiler!
I was fine with it.

Sure-Oz 06-08-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10678205)
Tell them to kill themselves so they can wakeup again and have a different ending they do like.

LMAO