ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs firing watch (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268586)

milkman 01-08-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9298381)
Why?

Tampa 2.

The only way that works is if you have big strong, athletic, quick interior linemen, and a MLB that has the size to shed blocks in the box, and the speed to get into the deep middle in pass coverage.

chiefzilla1501 01-08-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9298406)
Tampa 2.

The only way that works is if you have big strong, athletic, quick interior linemen, and a MLB that has the size to shed blocks in the box, and the speed to get into the deep middle in pass coverage.

And safeties who are allowed to hit without getting penalized. And corners who can press coverage and not get tagged for holding/PI. Read an article that Ronde Barber himself said that's a big reason why even he doesn't like the defense right now.

The Bad Guy 01-08-2013 10:14 PM

Why would anyone want to keep Siriani?

Baldwin didn't make one ounce of progress last year.

chiefzilla1501 01-08-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9298420)
Why would anyone want to keep Siriani?

Baldwin didn't make one ounce of progress last year.

I don't care if we keep him. But I don't think this year is by any means any good measure of what he's capable of.

I like coaches who get high praise for their work in a Quality Control role. But at his age, he needs to be tutored by a coach who knows what the **** he's doing. Romeo and Daboll are not those guys. Wish him well in the next role and am curious to see how he develops.

CaliforniaChief 01-09-2013 01:04 AM

I'm surprised they kept any of them, to be honest. Although I'm glad Emmitt's one of them. He's a good coach, IMO.

Sorter 01-09-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9298441)
I don't care if we keep him. But I don't think this year is by any means any good measure of what he's capable of.

I like coaches who get high praise for their work in a Quality Control role. But at his age, he needs to be tutored by a coach who knows what the **** he's doing. Romeo and Daboll are not those guys. Wish him well in the next role and am curious to see how he develops.

This. QC coaches are never appreciated or acknowledged. They have a significant part to play however. Hope Nick gets a solid job after this.

Tribal Warfare 01-09-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9298381)
Why?

Cover 2 would mean a drastic change scheme and personnel which would take at least 2 years to get the players and system fully assimilated

DaneMcCloud 01-09-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9298898)
I'm surprised they kept any of them, to be honest. Although I'm glad Emmitt's one of them. He's a good coach, IMO.

I think Gibbs has been a solid linebacker coach and Emmitt is a Chiefs Hall of Famer that can obviously coach.

The part I like is that Reid is at least keeping an open mind and not setting fire to everyone and everything, like the new pair of assholes in 2009.

Rausch 01-09-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9298898)

He shouldn't be held responsible for the $3it he had to work with this year...

htismaqe 01-09-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9298989)
He shouldn't be held responsible for the $3it he had to work with this year...

Jalil Brown had his :facepalm: moments and Travis Daniels is a Patriot Way bootlicker but I think Thomas actually got SOMETHING - ANYTHING - out Javier and I thought Tysyn Hartman was actually a small bright spot.

Frankie 01-09-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9298441)

Exactly why I think if he's ever gonna live up to the alleged potential it would be on the staff of a coach like Reid.

Frankie 01-09-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9298976)
The part I like is that Reid is at least keeping an open mind and not setting fire to everyone and everything, like the new pair of assholes in 2009.

This.

Rausch 01-09-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9299126)
Jalil Brown had his :facepalm: moments and Travis Daniels is a Patriot Way bootlicker but I think Thomas actually got SOMETHING - ANYTHING - out Javier and I thought Tysyn Hartman was actually a small bright spot.

In spot duty I thought Arenas played respectable opposite flowers.

Not good - respectable.

Brown displayed enough promise to stay on the team.

Outside of that I'd be happy to flush the rest...

rabblerouser 01-09-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9291817)
How could we possibly expect Daboll to succeed with shit at the QB position and ***** micromanaging? /Haley fans

LMAO

Do NOT compare Haley and Daboll.

EVER.

Rausch 01-09-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9299624)
LMAO

Do NOT compare Haley and Daboll.

EVER.

Oh snap.

I think he's serious...