ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Subsidize your vacations with timeshare presentations (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268705)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 08:31 AM

Subsidize your vacations with timeshare presentations

So, I work in the timeshare industry. I sell it. I've found they're a great way to subsidize your vacations when you visit tourist communities by doing these "presentations".

Yes, you will have to go to a timeshare presentation. **** what you've heard, those things aren't like they used to be. It's a 2 hour max time commitment, and they really aren't these pressure cookers anymore. The only pressure involved is the pressure people put on themselves because they want to buy.

If you want to come to Branson, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you set up. You will have your choice of a few of the nicer hotels in town, as the company who you will be touring is one of the corporate resorts and takes good care of their guests. They're not all that way, but this one is, otherwise I probably wouldn't even throw this out there. It will not be with my company, and I will not be your salesman.

In fact, no one should buy timeshare at retail prices. If you want timeshare, I can show you how to buy THE RIGHT ONE, for much less than they try to sell them to you for.

If there are other places you have interest in visiting, PM me. I'll teach you how to do this to make a few bucks while you're away, if you have the time you're willing to give up to do it.

EDIT: I was trying to peddle some shit on here, and it felt too spammy for me. So, I changed directions of the thread, and turned it into a public service announcement.

Ceej 01-10-2013 08:32 AM

Spam?

Right now we've got some great deals on hardwood and all 12MM laminates are 20% off.

:)

DMAC 01-10-2013 08:34 AM

WTF man

Ebolapox 01-10-2013 08:35 AM

when I was 19 years old, I 'sold' these over the phone. dude. I know times are tough, but damn.

Reerun_KC 01-10-2013 08:35 AM

PM sent

seclark 01-10-2013 08:36 AM

my grandaughter's selling girl scout cookies...send me a pm!:thumb:
sec

Chief Henry 01-10-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9302387)
So, I work in the timeshare industry. I sell it. My wife sets up vacations, and ticket sales, and what not for people in town. If you are interested in coming to Branson for a little mini vacation I can get you set up for 3 days/ 2 nights in Branson with 2 show tickets, and dinner for $129. If you have other shows you want to see, or want to stay longer than that, I can get you discounts on the rest of your trip as well. This is an open dated trip. You have 18 months to use this trip, and can book 72 hours in advance. Be aware, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Veterans week in Branson are all high peak busy times. The further you book those weeks, the nicer your accomodations will be.

Yes, you will have to go to a timeshare presentation. **** what you've heard, those things aren't like they used to be. It's a 2 hour max time commitment, and they really aren't these pressure cookers anymore. The only pressure involved is the pressure people put on themselves because they want to buy. In fact, you will be given a card that shows the company in writing has agreed to no pressure, and a strict 2 hour time limit.

Yes, I will make a profit off of this. The timeshare company is willing to pay good money to see you, and that is how my wife makes her income. Should we book any trips through CP, of course I will make a donation to the website to cover expenses.

No. I will not be the person trying to sell you timeshare. Frankly, I wouldn't suggest anyone buy timeshare at retail prices, so I'm not advocating you actually be purchasing, and therefore wouldn't waste my time or numbers trying to talk you into doing so.

I bring all of this up with the idea of full disclosure. The fact is, coming to Branson is getting more and more costly, and frankly show tickets these days are getting close to $100 a pair, so this is a pretty rockin deal for anyone who wants to save some dough, and isn't afraid to say no.

Yes, I'm peddling my wares here, but I've been here for 8 years and have never done so. I also know that times are tough out there, and a lot of people may not be able to afford a vacation without doing something like this. So, here are the requirements. You must be 28 years of age or older, and you must make 40k a year or more. If you are 55 or older, no income requirements are made.

If you want to come to Branson, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you set up. You will have your choice of a few of the nicer hotels in town, as the company who you will be touring is one of the corporate resorts and takes good care of their guests. They're not all that way, but this one is, otherwise I probably wouldn't even throw this out there.

If for some reason I'm way off the mark and Austin, Phil, or one of the other mods isn't happy about this, just delete it and chastise me publicly. :)

What is the name of the cruise line that comes with the one promotion ?

bevischief 01-10-2013 08:37 AM

:popcorn:

rageeumr 01-10-2013 08:37 AM

Everyone in this thread send me a dollar. Then I'll teach you how to get people to send you dollars!

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9302390)
Spam?

Right now we've got some great deals on hardwood and all 12MM laminates are 20% off.

:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9302393)
WTF man

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9302396)
when I was 19 years old, I 'sold' these over the phone. dude. I know times are tough, but damn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9302400)
my grandaughter's selling girl scout cookies...send me a pm!:thumb:
sec

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9302404)
:popcorn:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 9302405)
Everyone in this thread send me a dollar. Then I'll teach you how to get people to send you dollars!

Listen, if this is a huge problem, I'll take the thread down. I didn't figure this would be some huge deal. You either want to come to Branson or you don't. But it is spam. If the screaming continues, I'll shut the thread down.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Henry (Post 9302401)
What is the name of the cruise line that comes with the one promotion ?

Carnival.

cookster50 01-10-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9302412)
. If the screaming continues, I'll shut the thread down.

And deprive us of entertainment. For shame Mr. Flopnuts, for shame!

rageeumr 01-10-2013 08:42 AM

Just FTR, I wasn't screaming. I'm dicking around.

Not that my opinion matters, but I think you're close to the line, but not over it. For me, the full disclosure and recommendation NOT to buy makes it cool in my book.

seclark 01-10-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9302412)
Listen, if this is a huge problem, I'll take the thread down. I didn't figure this would be some huge deal. You either want to come to Branson or you don't. But it is spam. If the screaming continues, I'll shut the thread down.

i'm just ****in w/ya floppy...i don't give a shit what you post.
sec
(peanut clusters are 2 for the price of one!)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 08:43 AM

Yeah, this is probably a bad idea. I thought it would be mutually beneficial for people, but it's spam to the spammiest degree. I apologize. Moving the thread.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9302424)
Yeah, this is probably a bad idea. I thought it would be mutually beneficial for people, but it's spam to the spammiest degree. I apologize. Moving the thread.

Well, okay then. If ya'll just ****ing with me, I can take it. I just didn't want people to think I'm playing by a different set of rules because I moderate the site. I know we've said in the past that long time members could do these types of things, and I offered a donation on anything I make. Until people express sincere displeasure, I'm going to leave it up for a few. Because I do think it's a win/win for people who want to come to Branson.

Strongside 01-10-2013 08:44 AM

Unless you're paying me the $129 to go to Branson, I'm out.

http://c10566323.r23.cf2.rackcdn.com...league_420.jpg

cookster50 01-10-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9302424)

Hall of Shame?

Ceej 01-10-2013 08:45 AM

I too was just giving you a hard time.

SAUTO 01-10-2013 08:46 AM

quit bitchin guys.

i come to branson at least once year, and YES it is getting more expensive.

i'll hit you up prior next time, i would just buy now but we have talked about a different trip this year:(

seclark 01-10-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9302430)
Well, okay then. If ya'll just ****ing with me, I can take it. I just didn't want people to think I'm playing by a different set of rules because I moderate the site. I know we've said in the past that long time members could do these types of things, and I offered a donation on anything I make. Until people express sincere displeasure, I'm going to leave it up for a few. Because I do think it's a win/win for people who want to come to Branson.

you're a mod?
sec

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 9302420)
Just FTR, I wasn't screaming. I'm dicking around.

Not that my opinion matters, but I think you're close to the line, but not over it. For me, the full disclosure and recommendation NOT to buy makes it cool in my book.

I think timeshare is awesome. Just not at retail. Not when you can get it so much cheaper online from people wanting out of theirs. However, that said, don't just go willy nilly out there onto Ebay or the resale market. There are different kinds of timeshare. PM me, and I will tell you what you're looking for in a good timeshare. Not you, necessarily, just anyone else reading this thinking "Hmm. That sounds like something for me". There's a lot that goes into it, and I'm willing to help someone out with that, for nothing of course.

Ebolapox 01-10-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9302422)
i'm just ****in w/ya floppy...i don't give a shit what you post.
sec
(peanut clusters are 2 for the price of one!)

yeah, I'm also in the don't give a shit boat. didn't expect this from you, but I certainly get it.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9302431)
Unless you're paying me the $129 to go to Branson, I'm out.

http://c10566323.r23.cf2.rackcdn.com...league_420.jpg

ROFL That would be me. I honestly don't see the shows, or any of it. I just live here and enjoy the lakes, and hills (mountains).

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9302437)
quit bitchin guys.

i come to branson at least once year, and YES it is getting more expensive.

i'll hit you up prior next time, i would just buy now but we have talked about a different trip this year:(

No worries. If you come, hit me up. This, that, or the other, I can get you discounts. Some of which I can do on my own because I live here, others involve this type of deal. I'm willing to pass my discounts on to anyone regardless of them doing something like this where I make a few bucks.

bevischief 01-10-2013 08:53 AM

I am just messing with you it's CP. If someone wants to go then help them out. It would cost me over $500 in gas to drive down there and I don't even want to look at airfare. Last I checked just to KCI was in the $700 range.

The Franchise 01-10-2013 08:53 AM

How far is Branson from Arrowhead?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9302448)
yeah, I'm also in the don't give a shit boat. didn't expect this from you, but I certainly get it.

I make hardly shit on these. The wife does MUCH better when people are in front of her and she's wheeling and dealing on tickets. I'm pretty much doing this at cost, and taking the spiff that comes with it. It's literally next to nothing. The benefit is the volume created makes my wife look good.

I'm genuinely trying to help provide a more affordable vacation for anyone that wants it. :shrug:

But I also have gold watches, and subwoofers in a suitcase you can look at while here if you want to take some bling home with ya.

Rasputin 01-10-2013 08:54 AM

Your thread is not spam.

This is spam. Glorious (kidding) Spam

I put the spam in the spoiler altho its not spoiled spam just spam so I put it in the spoiler so I'm not spamming.

seaofred 01-10-2013 08:54 AM

Where is the hotel? Is it Big Cedar? I only live about 35 minutes from Branson and have done one of these things before, it's worth the hour or so long presentation.

luv 01-10-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9302457)

A little over three hours.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9302455)
I am just messing with you it's CP. If someone wants to go then help them out. It would cost me over $500 in gas to drive down there and I don't even want to look at airfare. Last I checked just to KCI was in the $700 range.

No worries, bro. You're one of my homeboys on here. I didn't take it personal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9302457)

3 hours for me. 3 1/2 to 4 for the average driving American.

Ceej 01-10-2013 08:56 AM

Do you strictly deal with the Midwest only?

DMAC 01-10-2013 08:56 AM

Is it Holiday Hills?

The Franchise 01-10-2013 08:57 AM

Damn. I was hoping it was closer than that. I'll keep you in mind Flops. I'm looking to head out that way during the season.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9302460)
Where is the hotel? Is it Big Cedar? I only live about 35 minutes from Branson and have done one of these things before, it's worth the hour or so long presentation.

No. That's a super expensive resort. I don't like quoting names because if they're not available I look like an asshole. There are choices, but only so many allotted. Grand Country, the Barrington, and Howard Johnson name a few. Howard Johnson is kind of a shithole comparatively speaking to other hotels in town, but that's the scope. This resort doesn't want you staying in a complete shithole, because they don't want you mad when you show up.

Me personally? I want my tours in a shithole when they show up, because I can use that as a selling point. Again, full disclosure.

seaofred 01-10-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9302387)
So, I work in the timeshare industry. I sell it. My wife sets up vacations, and ticket sales, and what not for people in town. If you are interested in coming to Branson for a little mini vacation I can get you set up for 3 days/ 2 nights in Branson with 2 show tickets, and dinner for $129. If you have other shows you want to see, or want to stay longer than that, I can get you discounts on the rest of your trip as well. This is an open dated trip. You have 18 months to use this trip, and can book 72 hours in advance. Be aware, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Veterans week in Branson are all high peak busy times. The further you book those weeks, the nicer your accomodations will be.

Yes, you will have to go to a timeshare presentation. **** what you've heard, those things aren't like they used to be. It's a 2 hour max time commitment, and they really aren't these pressure cookers anymore. The only pressure involved is the pressure people put on themselves because they want to buy. In fact, you will be given a card that shows the company in writing has agreed to no pressure, and a strict 2 hour time limit.

Yes, I will make a profit off of this. The timeshare company is willing to pay good money to see you, and that is how my wife makes her income. Should we book any trips through CP, of course I will make a donation to the website to cover expenses.

No. I will not be the person trying to sell you timeshare. Frankly, I wouldn't suggest anyone buy timeshare at retail prices, so I'm not advocating you actually be purchasing, and therefore wouldn't waste my time or numbers trying to talk you into doing so.

I bring all of this up with the idea of full disclosure. The fact is, coming to Branson is getting more and more costly, and frankly show tickets these days are getting close to $100 a pair, so this is a pretty rockin deal for anyone who wants to save some dough, and isn't afraid to say no.

Yes, I'm peddling my wares here, but I've been here for 8 years and have never done so. I also know that times are tough out there, and a lot of people may not be able to afford a vacation without doing something like this. So, here are the requirements. You must be 28 years of age or older, and you must make 40k a year or more. If you are 55 or older, no income requirements are made.

If you want to come to Branson, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you set up. You will have your choice of a few of the nicer hotels in town, as the company who you will be touring is one of the corporate resorts and takes good care of their guests. They're not all that way, but this one is, otherwise I probably wouldn't even throw this out there.

If for some reason I'm way off the mark and Austin, Phil, or one of the other mods isn't happy about this, just delete it and chastise me publicly. :)

If you are a golfer, there are a lot of really nice courses in Branson. Some are pretty reasonable, but some are pretty costly.

DMAC 01-10-2013 08:59 AM

"2 show tickets"

Bartt Rockett; Magician Extraordinaire!

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9302469)
Damn. I was hoping it was closer than that. I'll keep you in mind Flops. I'm looking to head out that way during the season.

Bringing the fam? Don't even worry about it. I'll get you all set up as best as I can. I may even be able to provide some transport if your girl wants to bring the kids to see Branson. Brother, you just say the word and I'll make all of that happen without a timeshare presentation. I can't do much on hotels, but you guys can stay with me if you want. The show tickets, I can get discounts on.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9302466)
Do you strictly deal with the Midwest only?

No. Come from anywhere.

Ceej 01-10-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9302475)
No. Come from anywhere.

Do you guys have anything for Vegas?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 09:02 AM

And seriously, I'll scan paystubs on this thing. We're not going to make much money. This is a volume thing for the wife, and more of a service I wanted to provide to members here if they are interested in coming out here. I just tried to be as blatantly obvious as possible so people knew what it was. I didn't want people to think it was a non profit or something. We do make around $10-30 for everyone that comes. Ebolapox got paid more than that for booking them in the telemarketing room. :)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9302477)
Do you guys have anything for Vegas?

I don't, but I can get you hooked up. I can also teach you how to take about 5 of those presentations and make around $500. PM me when you want to go and I'll teach you the trick! Timeshare presentations are a great way to subsidize vacation costs anywhere that you go that is a tourist destination. JUST BE ABLE TO SAY NO! :)

Rasputin 01-10-2013 09:05 AM

I will try to remember this later this summer. Want to go to training camp this year & take vacation at that time. If my money situation doesn't get better no chance, but I'm hopeful that gets turned around by then.

Rasputin 01-10-2013 09:07 AM

I got a friend who takes part in those timeshare offers and has been on several great trips. Last time he took his wife to Hawaii.

Ceej 01-10-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9302486)
I don't, but I can get you hooked up. I can also teach you how to take about 5 of those presentations and make around $500. PM me when you want to go and I'll teach you the trick! Timeshare presentations are a great way to subsidize vacation costs anywhere that you go that is a tourist destination. JUST BE ABLE TO SAY NO! :)

I will be honest, much like you are. I'm just looking for a way to get to Vegas on the cheap.

I am not interested in making money or giving presentations.

Although, I will sit through one if necessary.

Iowanian 01-10-2013 09:09 AM

I hope you are sodomized by a 400lb sales man.

You leave this thread up and take your Medicine, Mary Kay.

seclark 01-10-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9302495)

LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 09:14 AM

I just can't do it. If you want to take cheap vacations, I can show you how. I don't need, or want to profit off of the thing. It just doesn't seem appropriate for me.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9302495)

LMAO I'm taking my medicine. But I don't need to be spammy salesman. I didn't delete it, move it, or hide it. I just changed it and left the rest as is, so I could be abused for years to come. You're welcome.

Saulbadguy 01-10-2013 09:15 AM

Given 2 choices, i'd pay $130 to not have to either go to Branson, MO or sit through a timeshare seminar. Both sound completely awful.

Saulbadguy 01-10-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9302493)
I will be honest, much like you are. I'm just looking for a way to get to Vegas on the cheap.

Credit cards. Airline miles. Don't be a dumbass.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9302493)

Well, it's $100 generally in Vegas for a 2 hour presentation. Some of those places out there are sweatshops though, and they can be much more high pressure. Just an FYI.

SAUTO 01-10-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9302450)
ROFL That would be me. I honestly don't see the shows, or any of it. I just live here and enjoy the lakes, and hills (mountains).

No worries. If you come, hit me up. This, that, or the other, I can get you discounts. Some of which I can do on my own because I live here, others involve this type of deal. I'm willing to pass my discounts on to anyone regardless of them doing something like this where I make a few bucks.

lol i would definitely WANT you to make something off of it.

BigCatDaddy 01-10-2013 09:22 AM

I move to change Flopnuts name to Billy Mays.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9302522)
I move to change Flopnuts name to Billy Mays.

Sorry. Iowanian's was better. Although yours is a close 2nd.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9302517)
lol i would definitely WANT you to make something off of it.

Appreciate it. Great for strangers, not for friends. I consider all of you guys as friends. I don't want to profit off of my friends. Feels douchey. So, next time you come down let me know. We'll figure out what's right for you. The thing is, if you come down, ****ing hit me up bro! I live here. I can show you some cool shit that not all tourists know about. Moonshine beach? Can I get a hell yeah?

CaliforniaChief 01-10-2013 09:29 AM

Mr. Mary Kay? LMAO

Swanman 01-10-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Mary Kay (Post 9302513)
Well, it's $100 generally in Vegas for a 2 hour presentation. Some of those places out there are sweatshops though, and they can be much more high pressure. Just an FYI.

The "2 hour time commitment" doesn't include the time shuttling you to their office and waiting around. I did one of those years ago and it ended up being a 6 hour time drain.

If you ever are considering buying a timeshare, just do a couple google searches. People are dumping their timeshares left and right and you can get them for pennies on the dollar in some cases. In some extreme cases, people are selling their timeshare contract for $1 so they don't have to pay the annual maintenance fee.

SAUTO 01-10-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Mary Kay (Post 9302530)
Appreciate it. Great for strangers, not for friends. I consider all of you guys as friends. I don't want to profit off of my friends. Feels douchey. So, next time you come down let me know. We'll figure out what's right for you. The thing is, if you come down, ****ing hit me up bro! I live here. I can show you some cool shit that not all tourists know about. Moonshine beach? Can I get a hell yeah?

lol Ill definitely hit you up if we get that way. didnt make it last year because the wife was huge lol.

Ceej 01-10-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9302512)
Credit cards. Airline miles. Don't be a dumbass.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have any money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you (take that back now), that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. But it you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.

blaise 01-10-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9302540)
Mr. Mary Kay? LMAO

That did make me laugh a little.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9302542)
The "2 hour time commitment" doesn't include the time shuttling you to their office and waiting around. I did one of those years ago and it ended up being a 6 hour time drain.

If you ever are considering buying a timeshare, just do a couple google searches. People are dumping their timeshares left and right and you can get them for pennies on the dollar in some cases. In some extreme cases, people are selling their timeshare contract for $1 so they don't have to pay the annual maintenance fee.

You don't want those though, they're shit. Inflexable, and constantly rising M/F. They've changed over the years. There are some that are actually worth their weight in salt. You just have to buy the right one. And I agree, never buy at retail. They can be had online much cheaper.

As far as the time, they can take that long, but lawfully after 90-120 minutes depending on the state, they have to gift you if you say you're ready to leave, and most of them won't even try to fight you. They're not all the same, but my experience is most of them are not crazy, high pressure anymore. Some, but not all, nor even most. Not even half. However, you're always in control. It's their job to make you feel pressure on yourself. Not pressure you directly.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9302553)
That did make me laugh a little.

Iowanian said it. It fit, so I decided to take it like a little make up lady.

BigMeatballDave 01-10-2013 09:50 AM

How much longer before you can earn this? http://www.pinktruth.com/wp-content/...adillaccts.jpg:)

Strongside 01-10-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9302605)
How much longer before you can earn this? http://www.pinktruth.com/wp-content/...adillaccts.jpg:)

All he needs is 87 of us to commit to the Branson trip, guys.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 09:57 AM

ROFL You ****ers.

SAUTO 01-10-2013 10:03 AM

next thing we know you will be pushing Limu Lean...

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9302642)
next thing we know you will be pushing Limu Lean...

Diet supplements are for chumps. **** that shit. So, anyone wanna come to Branson and get a makeover?

Ebolapox 01-10-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Mary Kay (Post 9302482)
Ebolapox got paid more than that for booking them in the telemarketing room. :)

prolly not--I sucked. it was a dead-end job that paid the bills for a few months. what the job DID do for me, though, was convince me that I'd get nowhere in life without an education. ten years later, I'm working on my ph.d. and have a nature-genetics paper coming down the pike. it accomplished something I guess.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9302672)
prolly not--I sucked. it was a dead-end job that paid the bills for a few months. what the job DID do for me, though, was convince me that I'd get nowhere in life without an education. ten years later, I'm working on my ph.d. and have a nature-genetics paper coming down the pike. it accomplished something I guess.

:clap: Those phone rooms are shitty jobs. I did that at 17 while my friends were flipping burgers, but that was about it. Congrats on the education, and the pending PHD. That's pretty awesome!

cosmo20002 01-10-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Mary Kay (Post 9302412)
Listen, if this is a huge problem, I'll take the thread down. I didn't figure this would be some huge deal. You either want to come to Branson or you don't.

That is not sweetening the deal.

Chiefs247 01-10-2013 10:20 AM

Enterprise Rent-a-car is also offering discounted renal car insurance until the end of the month as well...come see me, im at the airport.

FREE UPGRADES FOR EVERYONE :rolleyes:

Randallflagg 01-10-2013 10:27 AM

HAHA!! A few years ago my Wife and I went to Vegas for some timeshare crap (3 days 2 nights and 250 bucks for the casino). We had done the Branson thing and those guys were absolute jerk wads. Anyway, we stayed at the Riveria and had a great time. Here's the kicker:

At that time (may still be, I don't know) the law in Nevada, unbeknownst to us, was that as soon as the customer says "No", the presentation was over. We sat through the initial presentation for the timeshare (about 30 minutes) then they split us up and the salesman says to us "Well, folks, is something you might be interested in?"

I said, "nope". That was it. We got back into the van and they took us back to the Hotel.

Had a great time on their buck!

bevischief 01-10-2013 10:58 AM

I worked with a guy and he moved down there about 8-9 yrs ago. He has several businesses down on the Landing. Liked Branson when I was kid. We used to go down there for Thanksgiving for several years. I haven't been back there in about 10-11 years and didn't care for it the last time I was down there.

Dartgod 01-10-2013 11:08 AM

I've done these before in Vegas. Never again.

Although, it probably did save me money I would have lost at the blackjack table. :hmmm:

HemiEd 01-10-2013 11:21 AM

We did get two free rounds of golf out in Myrtle Beach by doing this very thing. Two hours of listening, and we had the free golf.

Rain Man 01-10-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs247 (Post 9302688)
Enterprise Rent-a-car is also offering discounted renal car insurance until the end of the month as well...come see me, im at the airport.

FREE UPGRADES FOR EVERYONE :rolleyes:

Rental car companies should offer a wider range of vehicles, and then you get randomly assigned. One time you might get a Ford Fusion, and the next time you might get a large farm combine. The old lady ahead of you in line gets a crotch rocket motorcycle, and you get a semi or one of those little shriner cars. That would be so fun.

blaise 01-10-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9302851)
Rental car companies should offer a wider range of vehicles, and then you get randomly assigned. One time you might get a Ford Fusion, and the next time you might get a large farm combine. The old lady ahead of you in line gets a crotch rocket motorcycle, and you get a semi or one of those little shriner cars. That would be so fun.

It sometimes worked out that way when I worked at Enterprise. Customers would make reservations and come in, and we'd have no cars. So, we'd type up their contract and tell them to have a seat, that the car was being washed.
Then we'd stand there and pray that a car was returned in the next 5 minutes. Sometimes it could be an F-150, other times a Neon. Sometimes you'd have to say, "Can you drive a cargo van, Miss Johnson?" And she'd say, "What's a cargo van?"

Rain Man 01-10-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9302889)
It sometimes worked out that way when I worked at Enterprise. Customers would make reservations and come in, and we'd have no cars. So, we'd type up their contract and tell them to have a seat, that the car was being washed.
Then we'd stand there and pray that a car was returned in the next 5 minutes. Sometimes it could be an F-150, other times a Neon. Sometimes you'd have to say, "Can you drive a cargo van, Miss Johnson?" And she'd say, "What's a cargo van?"

"Have you ever driven a tuktuk, Miss Johnson?"

blaise 01-10-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9302901)
"Have you ever driven a tuktuk, Miss Johnson?"

"I'm 80. I'm frightened."

- Miss Johnson