ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Terrell Owens cut. Again. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262873)

DaFace 08-26-2012 01:01 PM

Terrell Owens cut. Again.

I almost feel bad for the guy anymore.

Quote:

Adam Schefter
T.O. tweeted this: "I'm no longer a Seahawk. I THANK the organization 4 the opportunity, I'm truly blessed beyond belief. My FAITH is intact & will NOT waiver."

BoneKrusher 08-26-2012 01:02 PM

me too, looks like it's time to call it a game.

Titty Meat 08-26-2012 01:02 PM

He's still a good WR. Showed he can still get separation the other night but he has stone hands.

Sorter 08-26-2012 01:03 PM

Probably would have made the team if he didn't have like 6 drops through the pre-season.

DaFace 08-26-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8854035)
He's still a good WR. Showed he can still get separation the other night but he has stone hands.

To me, these two can't coexist.

Bane 08-26-2012 01:04 PM

Well.....Bye.

BWillie 08-26-2012 01:07 PM

Drops are a symptom of him being away from game time conditions. Extremely surprised he was cut, he showed physically he still has it

Titty Meat 08-26-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8854040)
To me, these two can't coexist.

How so? TO has always had stone hands the difference between him and a guy like freddie Mitchell is he can still make plays.

DJ's left nut 08-26-2012 01:08 PM

I honestly think that if he knocks the rust off, he can still contribute.

The hands are going to take a bit to soften up, but he's a smart, fearless route runner with great size and decent speed.

He can still help a lot of teams, IMO.

BIG_DADDY 08-26-2012 01:12 PM

You can't have Edwards and TO on the same team. Apparently TO was running his little prima donna attitude in camp too. He doesn't bring enough to the table at this late stage of his carreer to have to put up with that shit. That guy will never grow up.

Bugeater 08-26-2012 01:16 PM

Eh, I've had enough of him. He can go away now.

Phobia 08-26-2012 01:20 PM

TO is an amazing talent and I'm sure he would have reduced the drops given more reps. But the guy doesn't know how to humble himself. As a result, he probably won't be given many opportunities. Doesn't matter to me. I respect his game and will always remember the time he desecrated the Star in the middle of Texas Stadium. Pure, unadulterated entertainment for a Cowboys hater.

Ace Gunner 08-26-2012 01:23 PM

We all know TO is a basket case. I commend the guy for his accomplishments and I admire his desire to compete. For his age, he looked great last friday. Not to say he is worthy of a roster spot etc.

-King- 08-26-2012 01:26 PM

Other than that over the head catch on Friday (which to his credit, was pretty awesome), he hasn't looked the same this whole preseason. Even though he's always in tip top shape, there always comes a time when you're too old for the game. This is probably his time.

He should just retire and start preparing that hall of fame speech in 5 years.

DaFace 08-26-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8854048)
How so? TO has always had stone hands the difference between him and a guy like freddie Mitchell is he can still make plays.

I guess my issue is that he hasn't really been a factor on any of the teams he's played for after the Cowboys (and, arguably, even then). He has the uncanny ability to make plays that are incredibly tough, then turn around and drop five gimmes in a row. You can't count on him anymore, so I have trouble referring to him as a "good WR" anymore.