ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV True Blood (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192557)

Valiant 09-26-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 5055335)
Been watching it and I like it. Not hooked like I was with Heroes or Battle Star, but definately entertained.

What I do like is that its an hbo show. They have the budget to produce some quality, and a lot less restrictions as far as censors go.

I do like how most of the characters are tormented in one way or another. And they have made several homages to popular vampire lore. As in Buffy/Angle/Blade. I know the show is based off of some series of books that some lady wrote but ot sure who she is or what the series is. I am willing to bet that you might see a little bit of Anne Rice in there, and hoping to see a little Vampire: The Masquerade style used in there as well, which I thought I saw a hint of in the 3rd episode.

In any case, the show is entertaining, it has decent charaters, lots of eye candy and some good action so far. I am willing to give it a chance and see where it goes.


".....The beast we are, lest the beast we become."

Man this show needs some charisma.. Charisma Carpenter.. Man I love that women..

As for th eMasquuerade.. That would be cool, but honestly it would be tough unless they brought in more characters, which does not seem feasible during this season..

Tribal Warfare 09-26-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 5056237)
There are online videos for that.. If you have Icontrol, you can also watch them.. I believe there are 8 2min videos, showing you how Vampires came out and the start of the tru blood source..


Okay what website do I visit to view these videos?

Valiant 09-26-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 5054731)
Totally went right by that and just acted like it was expected. Never explained it....

It made for a few uncomfortable moments the way they did it too. The normal people are ignorantly curious about these dangerous vampires, and don't seem all that scared that they could be easily killed by one.

There are online videos for that.. If you have Icontrol, you can also watch them.. I believe there are 8 2min videos, showing you how Vampires came out and the start of the tru blood source..

Valiant 09-26-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5056247)
Okay what website do I visit to view these videos?

Let me look.. I think it is trueblood though..

Valiant 09-26-2008 03:48 PM

bloodcopy.com

The videos are not chronological on there like they are on hbo's icontrol... But you can get all the extra info on the series from the viral videos..

Ultra Peanut 09-26-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 5056231)
WTF are you looking for to find that???

YTMND was the first place I heard Soccer Practice.

There is nothing wrong with helping a buddy out.

Baby Lee 09-26-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 5056231)
WTF are you looking for to find that???

http://gettingpumped.ytmnd.com/

Baby Lee 09-26-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 5056389)
YTMND was the first place I heard Soccer Practice.

There is nothing wrong with helping a buddy out.

The maddening part is how that guy resembles Jason Dohring, you get to mess around with Veronica Mars OR you get to mess around with boys.

NOT BOTH!!!

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/arti...1103741211.jpg

kaplin42 09-26-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 5056241)
Man this show needs some charisma.. Charisma Carpenter.. Man I love that women..

As for th eMasquuerade.. That would be cool, but honestly it would be tough unless they brought in more characters, which does not seem feasible during this season..

I don't fully expect to see the whole WoD running around or anything like that. But there was a sense of hierarchy in the 3rd episode. And you can see some clan similarities between the 4 vampires that we know right now.

If anything, I expect it to be very subtle if they throw out anything that resembles VTM, so much so that it could just be my wishful thinking making the comparisons all on my on.

NewChief 09-27-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 5055335)
I am willing to bet that you might see a little bit of Anne Rice in there, and hoping to see a little Vampire: The Masquerade style used in there as well, which I thought I saw a hint of in the 3rd episode.

There was a show in like 95/96 that was basically V:tM on the small screen. It didn't run many episodes, but I remember watching 3 or 4. I remember there being gangrels and nosferaturu as well as some of the other clans. I can't remember the name of the show, though. I was dissapointed when they canceled it, though.

Fairplay 09-27-2008 02:38 PM

Maybe i shouldn't share if this on here its kinda personnel but i don't care.

I tried to get into slurping blood to be like a vampire sorta i guess. Thought it might be a turn on. I tried to get into it, i just can't.




So i told my girlfriend no more eating her pu**y when shes on the rag, no more.

keg in kc 09-27-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 5058790)
There was a show in like 95/96 that was basically V:tM on the small screen. It didn't run many episodes, but I remember watching 3 or 4. I remember there being gangrels and nosferaturu as well as some of the other clans. I can't remember the name of the show, though. I was dissapointed when they canceled it, though.

Kindred: The Embraced.

Only reason I know that is that it scifi had it as one of their daytime marathons a week or two ago. It kept me watching for about 32 seconds.

Tribal Warfare 09-27-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5058889)
Kindred: The Embraced.

Only reason I know that is that it scifi had it as one of their daytime marathons a week or two ago. It kept me watching for about 32 seconds.

It was on Fox for about three episodes in the mid to late 90's

Ultra Peanut 09-27-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5058889)
Kindred: The Embraced.

Only reason I know that is that it scifi had it as one of their daytime marathons a week or two ago. It kept me watching for about 32 seconds.

Yeah, I saw a couple of episodes of that on Chiller a few months ago.

Valiant 09-28-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 5058790)
There was a show in like 95/96 that was basically V:tM on the small screen. It didn't run many episodes, but I remember watching 3 or 4. I remember there being gangrels and nosferaturu as well as some of the other clans. I can't remember the name of the show, though. I was dissapointed when they canceled it, though.

Kindred, loved that tv show..


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.