ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Props to CP!!! We essentially got 2 1st rounders for JA! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183424)

DaKCMan AP 04-23-2008 05:37 AM

Props to CP!!! We essentially got 2 1st rounders for JA!

We received the Vikings 1st round pick #17 overall and BOTH of their 3rd round picks (#73 and #82).

Now, follow along here:

If you take the draft value chart, the combined value of the two 3rd round picks is 405 pts which is equivalent to the #17 or #18 pick in the 2nd round this year.

Now, a 1st round pick NEXT YEAR (2009) is equivalent to a 2nd round pick THIS YEAR (2008), meaning the #17 or #18 pick in the 2nd round is equivalent to the #17 or #18 pick overall in 2009.

Strictly from a draft value chart standard, we received the #17 overall pick in 2008 and the #17 or #18 pick overall in 2009.

Just giving credit where credit is due, and we are in great position now (if our draft board is setup correctly - a big if) to get SEVEN (7) of the top 100 players in the draft.

:)

Red Dawg 04-23-2008 05:48 AM

I agree

This was good for us. Allen is a risky investment. We will be able to load up on talent.

kcxiv 04-23-2008 05:52 AM

Doesn't deserve any ****ing props. Booo freaking boo for this trade.

DaKCMan AP 04-23-2008 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4702276)
Doesn't deserve any ****ing props. Booo freaking boo for this trade.

The guy didn't want to be here. He wouldn't sign a long term contract. As Herm would say "GET OVER IT!" CP was able to trade a guy who didn't want to be here and is now the highest paid defensive player in the league for the value of 2 1st round picks. Three additional players in the top 82 picks of a deep draft is another shot of B12 for a rebuilding team.

bkkcoh 04-23-2008 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 4702278)
The guy didn't want to be here. He wouldn't sign a long term contract. As Herm would say "GET OVER IT!" CP was able to trade a guy who didn't want to be here and is now the highest paid defensive player in the league for the value of 2 1st round picks. Three additional players in the top 82 picks of a deep draft is another shot of B12 for a rebuilding team.

We got something from him and he wasn't a cancer in the locker room.

On top of it all, we don't have to worry about JA getting another DUI or doing something stupid and receiving a 1 year suspension!!!! :banghead:

bkkcoh 04-23-2008 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 4702275)
This was good for us. Allen is a risky investment. We will be able to load up on talent.

Now if CP isn't realing doing the drafting in KC we will be in better shape!!!!

Otter 04-23-2008 06:16 AM

Carl's a loser, screw him.

Congrats to JA, he may see a Super Bowl now and is rich to boot.

The Poz 04-23-2008 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 4702278)

I wouldn't be praising Carl here, he was the reason why the best DE in the game wanted out in the first place. He should have extented his contract right after the commish announced his 2 game suspension - could have gotten fair value then.
The way I see it, when you have studs on the O or D line, you don't run them out of town thinking they will be easily replaced through the draft.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with what we got for him in this trade, I just wish it shouldn't have gotten to this point in the first place - thanks Carl, you dink.

Fairplay 04-23-2008 06:19 AM

I hate to see Jared go. He was the best we had on our defense no question.

Things change, people move on for whatever reasons. The NFL is a business. Don't take it personal.

I think we got the best deal we could really ask for in my humble opinion.

What it really comes down to is what players we draft. That can only be answered in another year or two i think.

This will be a very interesting draft day.

This might make a few people mad but i say trade down a few spots, still be able to pick up Clady and get another two picks, oh yeah!!

DaKCMan AP 04-23-2008 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 4702285)
I wouldn't be praising Carl here, he was the reason why the best DE in the game wanted out in the first place. He should have extented his contract right after the commish announced his 2 game suspension - could have gotten fair value then.
The way I see it, when you have studs on the O or D line, you don't run them out of town thinking they will be easily replaced through the draft.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with what we got for him in this trade, I just wish it shouldn't have gotten to this point in the first place - thanks Carl, you dink.

True, it is partly CP's doing that Allen did not want to remain here. However, I can understand WHY CP would be somewhat hesitant to give a guy $72 million the same year he's getting punished for his 2nd DUI.

However, what's done is done there and if you look at it as what it's been this entire year - Allen wanted out - CP did a great job at getting excellent compensation.

DaKCMan AP 04-23-2008 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 4702286)
This might make a few people mad but i say trade down a few spots, still be able to pick up Clady and get another two picks, oh yeah!!

No thanks. We have 13 picks and need to get a top-5 player. If we want someone in the 12-15 range I'd rather we traded UP from #17 than DOWN from #5.

Dave Lane 04-23-2008 06:29 AM

Its a pipe dream to say this is the same as 2 1st. I'd rather have 2 3rd than one 2nd based on the curse of the 2nd rounder for the Chiefs.

Dave

DaKCMan AP 04-23-2008 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 4702292)
Its a pipe dream to say this is the same as 2 1st. I'd rather have 2 3rd than one 2nd based on the curse of the 2nd rounder for the Chiefs.

Dave

It's not a pipe dream. Going strictly by the NFL draft value chart the #73 and #82 picks this year are equivalent to the #17 or #18 overall pick next year.

Chiefnj2 04-23-2008 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 4702293)
It's not a pipe dream. Going strictly by the NFL draft value chart the #73 and #82 picks this year are equivalent to the #17 or #18 overall pick next year.

Nobody will give you their 1st in 2009 for two thirds.

DaKCMan AP 04-23-2008 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 4702297)
Nobody will give you their 1st in 2009 for two thirds.

Straight up? No. However, you can package those two 3rds to move up into the 2nd round - and teams have traded next year's 1st round pick for a 2nd round pick.