ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV House - Season 8 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250929)

Kyle DeLexus 10-12-2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 7987216)
I don't care for the new team member at all. Her character is weak and the "old House" would have kicked her ass to the curb. But it looks like they're bringing in another team member on the next episode, (along w/ bringing back Thirteen... for good? I hope!).

I'm a fan of Omar Epps, but his character, Foreman, has always rubbed me the wrong. He is way too cheeky and it gets worse w/ every episode. Now that he's the boss, I hope they play that down a bit.

I'm diggin' House's new hairstyle, but that's about it. They're making his character way too tame. The "prison sex" comment he made was his style, but the script for this episode really softened his witty, smartass personality. Wilson also reminded me of a pissy, little school girl... until the end when he punched House. Heh.

Absolutely hate the new team member as well. Her voice and entire demeanor annoy me.

Gonzo 01-23-2012 11:54 AM

Season 8 picks back up tonight after a long break. From everything I've read, this is it. I hope they score some good numbers and that the season gains some steam. So far, it's really been kind of...
Well, MEH.

Micjones 01-23-2012 12:41 PM

Is it struggling that bad in the ratings?
A two-month hiatus and you come back to a brand new timeslot?

I don't get off until 7pm. I'll always be playing catch-up now.

This is my absolute favorite show on Television and I fear it's on its last legs.

Micjones 01-23-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 7965388)
Looks like Foreman is the new c.o.m. since Cuddy's gone. That episode was damn good, I'm impressed so far.
Posted via Mobile Device

That was a horrible decision BTW.
Foreman's failed as House's boss twice already.

I thought Wilson or perhaps Andre Braugher's character would've been better choices. Ultimately I think only a female DOM could really control him. Cameron might've been interesting. She had a successful stint as House's boss when Cuddy went on leave.

The Franchise 01-23-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8321059)
Season 8 picks back up tonight after a long break. From everything I've read, this is it. I hope they score some good numbers and that the season gains some steam. So far, it's really been kind of...
Well, MEH.

This is it.....like this is the last season of House?

Micjones 01-23-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8321195)

I think it will be, unfortunately.

The show's seen its ratings drop, they lost a major character and it's gotten too expensive for the network to produce.

Gonzo 01-23-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8321195)

Hugh Laurie's contract is up this year so I doubt they will go any further.
The numbers are down from Season 6 and early 7. The show's remaining steady, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be it.

The latest shows have been ok, but it's not the same without Cuddy there to constantly berate him. I hope they bring her back for the last couple episodes.

Nothing's official, though. So maybe, just maybe there's hope.

Micjones 01-23-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8321225)
Hugh Laurie's contract is up this year so I doubt they will go any further.
The numbers are down from Season 6 and early 7. The show's remaining steady, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be it.

The latest shows have been ok, but it's not the same without Cuddy there to constantly berate him. I hope they bring her back for the last couple episodes.

Nothing's official, though. So maybe, just maybe there's hope.

Edelstein's a regular of another show now though, right?

The Franchise 01-23-2012 12:55 PM

After the last few seasons.....I don't think I'm going to miss it.

Gonzo 01-23-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8321228)
Edelstein's a regular of another show now though, right?

Yeah, she signed with something else. There's so many ways to end this thing, I just hope it's done well.

Micjones 01-23-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8321229)
After the last few seasons.....I don't think I'm going to miss it.

I definitely will. Aside from SVU (which I think will also be done after this season)...it's my favorite TV show in more than a decade.

Can't remember being absorbed by a show as much as I am with House.

Micjones 01-23-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8321231)
Yeah, she signed with something else. There's so many ways to end this thing, I just hope it's done well.

I think it has to end with House dying.
That's the ONLY way to send the show off.

The Franchise 01-23-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8321232)
I definitely will. Aside from SVU (which I think will also be done after this season)...it's my favorite TV show in more than a decade.

Don't get wrong.....I've liked the show....but I haven't had the same enthusiasm that I've had with past seasons. The wife and I watch House, SVU and CSI every week but we haven't really missed House for the last two months. I can't really get into the new cast members....and the Asian chick gets on my nerves.

Gonzo 01-23-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8321232)

This

(Except for the SVU thing. I've never watched it)

I'm a big fan of the following, though:

SOA
Breaking Bad
Walking Dead
Rescue Me (ended pretty well)
OZ, (I need the box set. I miss that show)
Sopranos
Deadwood - (ended too soon)

out of all of them, I like House the most. The characters are enigmatic, House is someone I can relate with. Often times, I feel like driving my car through someone's front ****ing door. It's just a compelling and interesting show.

The Franchise 01-23-2012 01:03 PM

OZ was a bad ass ****ing show. I really miss watching that every week.

We also watch True Blood every season....and I've taken on Dexter and Game of Thrones into my own list.