ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NE cuts Walters (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=213248)

carlos3652 09-04-2009 01:26 PM

NE cuts Walters

Didnt see it anywhere... so much they thought he would be better than Gutti :rolleyes:

The Franchise 09-04-2009 01:26 PM

And.....now I'm just waiting for Feeley and Brown to the Patriots.

doomy3 09-04-2009 01:29 PM

Rumor is also that they are pretty likely to cut Ben Watson too. If they cut him, I would imagine we'll pick him up. He would be a nice upgrade over anything we have at TE.

salame 09-04-2009 01:32 PM

I would take Watson
and pioli drafted him in rd 1 i think
plus then they can change family back to watsons

Titty Meat 09-04-2009 01:33 PM

Who is the Pats backup QB right now?

doomy3 09-04-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6033885)
Who is the Pats backup QB right now?

Rookie Brian Hoyer

carlos3652 09-04-2009 01:36 PM

Billy Yates (G), Roderick Rogers (S) Ateve Williams (DT), Vinny Ciurciu (LB) cut as well from the patriots today...

RustShack 09-04-2009 01:38 PM

Isn't Billy Yates good?

doomy3 09-04-2009 01:39 PM

Yeah, any feedback from any Pats fans on any of those guys?

CoMoChief 09-04-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 6033906)
Isn't Billy Yates good?

prob better than anyone we have. Shit put me out there.

JD10367 09-04-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 6033912)
Yeah, any feedback from any Pats fans on any of those guys?

Apparently Belichick was impressed enough with Hoyer last night to cut Walter loose. He may be finagling for Feeley from Philly. (Sorry for the alliteration.) Or he may just go with Hoyer and wait until week one is in the books, and sign a Huard or someone whose contract wouldn't be guaranteed. Frankly, I was expecting them to give Walter more time to learn the offense and settle in. Oh, well.

Yates is our MacIntosh. His nickname in Pats-land is "Turnstile". Nuff said.

Rogers got toasted a-plenty last night but made some nice hard hits. He could be decent bench depth.

Williams looked pretty decent. He's just a numbers victim due to the heavy hitters already on the roster. He's worth a look-see. Same for Ciurciu.

doomy3 09-04-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 6034392)
Apparently Belichick was impressed enough with Hoyer last night to cut Walter loose. He may be finagling for Feeley from Philly. (Sorry for the alliteration.) Or he may just go with Hoyer and wait until week one is in the books, and sign a Huard or someone whose contract wouldn't be guaranteed. Frankly, I was expecting them to give Walter more time to learn the offense and settle in. Oh, well.

Rogers got toasted a-plenty last night but made some nice hard hits. He could be decent bench depth.

Williams looked pretty decent. He's just a numbers victim due to the heavy hitters already on the roster. He's worth a look-see. Same for Ciurciu.

Williams and Ciurciu play positions we could use, that's for sure.

What are you hearing about Ben Watson? Do you think he'll be released?

JD10367 09-04-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 6034409)
Williams and Ciurciu play positions we could use, that's for sure.

What are you hearing about Ben Watson? Do you think he'll be released?

It's an interesting situation. Baker and Thomas are clearly on the roster (Thomas also for his goal-line FB abilities). So both Watson and Alex Smith (who's been a disappointment so far) got playing time last night. And neither did much of note. I think Watson made one catch. They also used him on special teams, which is not usual.

Some think he's going to make the team because he's got too much potential. On the other hand, he's also got oven mitts for hands, and they could get something of value for him in a trade. I doubt they outright cut him, but they might let him go for a 5th-rounder or something. Some have thought he'd be swung to the Eagles for Feeley, but with the nice showing by Hoyer at QB last night I think that possibility has dimmed.

It certainly wouldn't shock me if, by Saturday afternoon, he's wearing either an arrowhead or a horse.

OnTheWarpath15 09-04-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 6034392)

I'm guessing they had already decided on Walters, since he didn't play last night. No sense in risking injury to a guy you're going to cut, then have to offer an injury settlement to.

Fully expecting AJ Feeley to be a Patriot soon, and if that falls through, Damon Huard.

Mecca 09-04-2009 03:24 PM

Ben Watson is a real nice talent the problem is he can't stay on the field cause he's always injured..

I had heard talk of them trading Watson to Philly for Feely.