ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Sixteen years of human-squirrel diplomacy ... gone in an instant. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252948)

Rain Man 11-25-2011 06:40 PM

Sixteen years of human-squirrel diplomacy ... gone in an instant.

I was in the kitchen today, and saw a squirrel out in our plum tree.

For some reason the squirrels like to gnaw on the plum tree's bark, and my wife asked if the squirrel was gnawing. I wasn't sure, but I was eating crackers and decided to throw one out there so the squirrel would have something else to gnaw.

So I open the door and wing out a cracker. Now, the plum tree is about 25 feet from our back door, so you really have to put some arm into a cracker to have any hope of it making a distance near the tree. I was aided by the fact that it was one of those denser round crackers as opposed to a saltine or club cracker, so I went sidearm and winged it like frisbee.

This thing catches the wind, arcs out and then peels back toward the tree. The plum tree is one of those trees that has a lot of dense branches and twigs and stuff, and this thing stays airborne, zips through the branches ... and nails the squirrel right in the shoulder blade. He never knew what hit him.

What are the odds of that? I try to be a good squirrel neighbor, and then I go and nail one with a cracker from 25 feet away. No one's ever going to believe it was an accident, and now I'm going to be having nuts dropped on me every time I go outside.

shirtsleeve 11-25-2011 06:44 PM

Where is Eddie? He usually eats these goddam things.

Reerun_KC 11-25-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirtsleeve (Post 8141005)

ROFL

LiveSteam 11-25-2011 06:46 PM

No comment

BigMeatballDave 11-25-2011 06:49 PM

Rainman > Cassel

Bowser 11-25-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirtsleeve (Post 8141005)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8141010)
Rainman > Cassel

LMAO

aturnis 11-25-2011 07:01 PM

I was once at my dad's trimming out his house, when I saw a mouse scampering about. I didn't know exactly what to do, but grabbed a piece of scrap wood, pulled back, and let 'er fly. To my amazement, I didn't just hit the mouse, but severed his head 80% of the way from his body. He didn't get back up...

bevischief 11-25-2011 07:06 PM

You did better than Casshole would have done...

GloryDayz 11-25-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8141002)
I was in the kitchen today, and saw a squirrel out in our plum tree.

For some reason the squirrels like to gnaw on the plum tree's bark, and my wife asked if the squirrel was gnawing. I wasn't sure, but I was eating crackers and decided to throw one out there so the squirrel would have something else to gnaw.

So I open the door and wing out a cracker. Now, the plum tree is about 25 feet from our back door, so you really have to put some arm into a cracker to have any hope of it making a distance near the tree. I was aided by the fact that it was one of those denser round crackers as opposed to a saltine or club cracker, so I went sidearm and winged it like frisbee.

This thing catches the wind, arcs out and then peels back toward the tree. The plum tree is one of those trees that has a lot of dense branches and twigs and stuff, and this thing stays airborne, zips through the branches ... and nails the squirrel right in the shoulder blade. He never knew what hit him.

What are the odds of that? I try to be a good squirrel neighbor, and then I go and nail one with a cracker from 25 feet away. No one's ever going to believe it was an accident, and now I'm going to be having nuts dropped on me every time I go outside.

So you're this guy!!!

http://comradesinarms.tripod.com/mov...nd/oddjob1.jpg

cabletech94 11-25-2011 07:17 PM

squirrels are good for nothing but eating cable.

booooooooooooo squirrels, booooooooooooooo.

listopencil 11-25-2011 07:33 PM

Silently, in the distance, a squirrel army is gathering. Preparing to wreak unholy vengeance upon the Rainman household. Be afraid. No one will be spared.

FlaChief58 11-25-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 8141042)
squirrels are good for nothing but eating cable.

booooooooooooo squirrels, booooooooooooooo.

You should eat em back. That'll show em!

whoman69 11-25-2011 08:10 PM

Better not let PETA find out.

-King- 11-25-2011 08:12 PM

Better watch your back from now on. His buddies will try to come after you.

tk13 11-25-2011 08:15 PM

If he's in a squirrel gang I expect you'll find your tires are slashed in the morning.