ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   IE7 Has Tabs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=116445)

penguinz 05-17-2005 09:19 AM

IE7 Has Tabs

Yes, IE7 has tabs.

In general, I think tabs are a great idea. I liked them a lot in Office dialogs and in Excel in the early 90's. (I used to work on Office, and I admit we almost added tabs to Word at one point.) I like them in Visual Studio. I think, as an industry, we have a ways to go in refining the experience, consistency, and value of tabs.

Source

Simplex3 05-17-2005 09:44 AM

Wow, MS is really breaking some new ground now. What next, actual support for any current web standard?

ArrowheadHawk 05-17-2005 09:47 AM

hey microsoft, why don't you steal your competitors features.. oh wait you did

penguinz 05-17-2005 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Wow, MS is really breaking some new ground now. What next, actual support for any current web standard?

They have said that they will make it css compliant.

Saulbadguy 05-18-2005 10:59 AM

Hopefully the rendering engine will be quicker as well.

Simplex3 05-18-2005 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz
They have said that they will make it css compliant.

Real CSS compliant or Microsoft CSS compliant? You know, mostly compliant with a bunch of extra s**t, as is their tendency.

OldTownChief 05-18-2005 03:01 PM

Now if they could just separate it from being integrated into your entire operating system like a cancer.

KCWolfman 05-18-2005 03:51 PM

Wow, what a bunch of crabs.

I use IE now without any issues whatsoever.

Donger 05-18-2005 04:18 PM

I use Firefox but I don't see the benefit of tabs. Why is it any better than just opening a new window?

KCWolfman 05-18-2005 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
I use Firefox but I don't see the benefit of tabs. Why is it any better than just opening a new window?

They prefer their clutter at the top of the screen instead of the bottom?

KCWolfman 05-18-2005 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
They prefer their clutter at the top of the screen instead of the bottom?

Of course, they could just move the task bar to the top of the screen and get the same effect.

Simplex3 05-18-2005 04:45 PM

Quote:

Wow, what a bunch of crabs.

I use IE now without any issues whatsoever.

I would guess you don't code to the web for a living. Basically you have to write everything twice. Once for IE and once for the rest of the world.

KCWolfman 05-18-2005 05:02 PM

Quote:

I would guess you don't code to the web for a living. Basically you have to write everything twice. Once for IE and once for the rest of the world.

I don't.

I just don't see it as that big a deal. I do medical billing for a living. And when we don't collect the funds, we have to re-research the account and approve it for collections - basically working the account at least two times and generally about 4 times. I just accept it as part of the job and enjoy the paycheck.

stanleychief 05-18-2005 06:51 PM

Quote:

bwahahaha.. some of us are lucky enough to only have to support IE on intranets ROFL

Otter 05-19-2005 01:14 PM

Quote:

I don't.

I just don't see it as that big a deal. I do medical billing for a living. And when we don't collect the funds, we have to re-research the account and approve it for collections - basically working the account at least two times and generally about 4 times. I just accept it as part of the job and enjoy the paycheck.

:rolleyes:
Give me a break.