ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Man you gotta love loses around here (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147421)

KS Smitty 09-10-2006 08:55 PM

Having been a member for over 5 years it's the losses that really bring out the brutal fan, it doesn't matter what kind of fan you appear to be after a game like today's you become a brutal fan. For some it lasts the whole season, for others a few days, and for some it takes a few wins to shake off the taste of a loss like today's. That's why this place is here, for the chicken-littles, the 10 feet tall and bulletproof, the cautiously optimistic and the downright homer. Have your say, get blasted, praised, villified, laughed at, ridiculed or chastised; get over it and get ready for next weeks game cause it's time for football!!!!!

milkman 09-10-2006 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
Hey, it is part of the tradition. We have lots of people bitching, then a few bitching about the bitchers, and you have come in to fill the role of people bitching about the people bitching about people bitching.

I know.

Just playing my part.

milkman 09-10-2006 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty
Having been a member for over 5 years it's the losses that really bring out the brutal fan, it doesn't matter what kind of fan you appear to be after a game like today's you become a brutal fan. For some it lasts the whole season, for others a few days, and for some it takes a few wins to shake off the taste of a loss like today's. That's why this place is here, for the chicken-littles, the 10 feet tall and bulletproof, the cautiously optimistic and the downright homer. Have your say, get blasted, praised, villified, laughed at, ridiculed or chastised; get over it and get ready for next weeks game cause it's time for football!!!!!

That's just too damn positive.

I'm not done bitching, ****er! :cuss:

:)

Bugeater 09-10-2006 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru
Time to start a thread bitching about bitching about bitching.

You do that and I'll start one about people who start threads bitching about people bitching about bitching.

KS Smitty 09-10-2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman
That's just too damn positive.

I'm not done bitching, ****er! :cuss:

:)

Well bidge away, it aint like you haven't done it before. ROFL

SEE PLANETEERS, THAT'S HOW A "TRUE FAN" REACTS!

ChiefsCountry 09-10-2006 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty
Well bidge away, it aint like you haven't done it before. ROFL

SEE PLANETEERS, THAT'S HOW A "TRUE FAN" REACTS!

Screw that I have season tickets so I am a true fan according to Carl.

milkman 09-10-2006 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
Screw that I have season tickets so I am a true fan according to Carl.

No, you're a real fan.

PastorMikH 09-10-2006 09:08 PM

Say mods, is there any way to disable ability to register and post to people on the day of the game? Personally, if a troll can't have the decency to show up in the week prior to talk trash, they shouldn't be able to register to do so after they win.

I also think that for the sake of the server, if we are letting non-registered users in on gameday, we should go back to registered users only on game day to cut down on outages.

OldTownChief 09-10-2006 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH
Say mods, is there any way to disable ability to register and post to people on the day of the game? Personally, if a troll can't have the decency to show up in the week prior to talk trash, they shouldn't be able to register to do so after they win.

I also think that for the sake of the server, if we are letting non-registered users in on gameday, we should go back to registered users only on game day to cut down on outages.

Good Idea

KcMizzou 09-10-2006 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH

Yeah. The board is performing much better lately, but the gameday traffic is still too much for it.

Eleazar 09-10-2006 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
The loss of Green is the only thing that really hurts me about this one. I liked a lot of what I saw from the team. But then again, I expected a slow start with the new coaches, the OL injuries (and player losses) in the offseason all just kind of played into my lowered expectations.

Yeah, I'm just down because without Trent... what now?

Rausch 09-10-2006 09:32 PM

I'm one of the most positive people around here but if anyone in KC cares about Green at all he won't be on a football field for at least 4 weeks.

That was a serious brain trauma. That's the type of thing that opens you up to Steve Young/Aikman type weaknesses to concussions.

dirk digler 09-10-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Yeah, I'm just down because without Trent... what now?

Pray

Logical 09-10-2006 09:33 PM

I am cheering for the Raiders tomorrow nite.

Keep all the likely division contenders down.

Crashride 09-10-2006 10:03 PM

Its one ****ing game with new coaches, players and schemes, shut up and support your team...im sick of all the damn negativity. Someone should start a negativity thread and let all the dumbass roam in their natural habitat.