ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sirius Boom Box (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155192)

Nzoner 12-27-2006 03:16 PM

Sirius Boom Box

Anyone else have one of these?

I just got mine set-up but am having problems getting a signal.I put the antenna in an open window with a screen and still nothing.

I finally had to move the antenna outside and it's working fine now but I don't want to have to put the antenna outside everytime I want to listen.

I guess my question is threefold,does anyone else have one of these,have you had problems getting a signal,is there anything you can do to get a signal without leaving the unit outside?

StcChief 12-27-2006 03:19 PM

Connector for antenna is what?

Check with Radio Shack this can't be a new problem.... Or Google it.

Will likely have to have an outside antenna Dish connection.

Seem to remember service for Sirius on Dishnet/Directtv

slappyhappy 12-27-2006 03:27 PM

I have to do the same with my sirius receiver. I havn't found a better way to do it except pointing it to the south.

WilliamTheIrish 12-27-2006 05:56 PM

Joe, I'm glad you brought this up. I have had Sirius for about 6 months now. It's a Starmate radio that never leaves the car.

I have been contemplating getting the Boombox and had not made the purchase because I was worried about the issue you raised in this thread.

Here is the message board for technical Q/A Sirius Backstage

Hope this helps.

BTW, I just want to say that since I spent the $ on this radio medium, I'm NEVER going back to terrestrial radio.

I love it.

Crashride 12-27-2006 05:57 PM

Put it in a screened porch if you got one

Bob Dole 12-27-2006 06:02 PM

Wonder if it has anything to do with the metal shell, or whether it's a common issue...

Bob Dole's car loses the signal under the awning at the ATM.

Bugeater 12-27-2006 06:02 PM

That steel building you live in may be complicating things.

Bugeater 12-27-2006 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole
Wonder if it has anything to do with the metal shell, or whether it's a common issue...

:cuss:

stevieray 12-27-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish

BTW, I just want to say that since I spent the $ on this radio medium, I'm NEVER going back to terrestrial radio.

I love it.

interesting...I've been thinking about getting it for my van...

Bob Dole 12-27-2006 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
interesting...I've been thinking about getting it for my van...

Bob Dole didn't give it Sirius consideration until the new car came with a 6 month subscription. It was nice being able to listen to the games on the drive to MO last Sunday.

stevieray 12-27-2006 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole
Bob Dole didn't give it Sirius consideration until the new car came with a 6 month subscription. It was nice being able to listen to the games on the drive to MO last Sunday.

Elvis has his own channel, IIRC.

Bob Dole 12-27-2006 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
Elvis has his own channel, IIRC.

Channel 13, broadcasting live from Graceland.

1adam1238 12-27-2006 06:26 PM

I have had it for 2 years now. I love it. I don't have the boom box but I have a JVC hooked to a stereo in my house. I don't even have my antenna in a window and it picks up great. My car receiver skips out at times.

Howard Rules!!!!!

HonestChieffan 12-27-2006 06:33 PM

I have boom box for XM and no probs

Nzoner 12-27-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slappyhappy
I have to do the same with my sirius receiver. I havn't found a better way to do it except pointing it to the south.

Yeah,I talked to a buddy of mine with XM and he brought that up as well.It's working great right now although the antenna is in between the screen and the window and the window is closed as far as I can get it still leaving a crack which isn't going to be good when it finally gets real cold.