ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Jeff Garcia will suck in Tampa (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=164303)

Simply Red 06-10-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFGoldenKnight
Since he is already the starter with no QB competition in camp.

You know, who knows?

He may do fine, He did a great job in Philly late last season...

I kind of like him minus his lisp. He seems to be a nice enough guy...

Buehler445 06-10-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red
You know, who knows?

I hope he does too. I became a fan last year when he was in Philly and McNabb's MOM was whining for him (You can't make that crap up). And he handled it with class. He performed really well and did it with class. I was pulling for them because NY sucked SO HARD in thier division.

That being said, I don't think he will have the protection that he did in Philly (thus why Simms almost died. Like not even pooping, DIED). While he showed excellent mobility, stamina, and toughness, I don't think he can withstand 16 games or more (hey, its the NFC, they could make the playoffs) of bonecrushing blows. And seeing how Gradkowski and Rattay had to rush every throw, I think it will be a tough sitation. While I have to admit, I have no idea what they have done in the offseason, I think he will struggle in Tampa.

Wow, that was kind of a rant...apologies. -B

Simply Red 06-10-2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445
I hope he does too. I became a fan last year when he was in Philly and McNabb's MOM was whining for him (You can't make that crap up). And he handled it with class. He performed really well and did it with class. I was pulling for them because NY sucked SO HARD in thier division.

That being said, I don't think he will have the protection that he did in Philly (thus why Simms almost died. Like not even pooping, DIED). While he showed excellent mobility, stamina, and toughness, I don't think he can withstand 16 games or more (hey, its the NFC, they could make the playoffs) of bonecrushing blows. And seeing how Gradkowski and Rattay had to rush every throw, I think it will be a tough sitation. While I have to admit, I have no idea what they have done in the offseason, I think he will struggle in Tampa.

Wow, that was kind of a rant...apologies. -B

no, no. That is fine. Occasionally people on this bd. can actually express how they feel in depth. I have absolutely no problem with that.

-SR

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-10-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red
You know, who knows?

I still can't believe he nailed Carmella DiCesare.

Simply Red 06-10-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins
I still can't believe he nailed Carmella DiCesare.

:) Really, once you see him interviewed a few times. Like I originally said; if you can tolerate that weird lisp, JG is actually a very nice, well mannered guy.

Simplex3 06-10-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free
It doesnt make sense to me to hand it to Garcia, Simms flashed potential & his arm is twice as strong.

I have always hated Grudens dink & dunk O, its one of, if not the most boring O in football.

It was boring as hell for their fans when they hosted the Lombardi.

Where were we? Oh, yeah, showing the enlightened path to mediocrity. Again.

Easy 6 06-11-2007 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
It was boring as hell for their fans when they hosted the Lombardi.

Where were we? Oh, yeah, showing the enlightened path to mediocrity. Again.

Tampa's O had about as much to do with that championship as the Ravens O did theirs.

blueballs 05-26-2008 09:43 PM

THis makes me laugh uncontrolably

Buccaneers | Team could place franchise tag on Garcia for 2009 season
Mon, 26 May 2008 08:59:52 -0700

Rick Stroud, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would likely place the franchise tag on QB Jeff Garcia for the 2009 season if they can't come to an agreement on a contract extension. Garcia can become an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season.

stlchiefs 05-26-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs (Post 4768925)
THis makes me laugh uncontrolably

Buccaneers | Team could place franchise tag on Garcia for 2009 season
Mon, 26 May 2008 08:59:52 -0700

Rick Stroud, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would likely place the franchise tag on QB Jeff Garcia for the 2009 season if they can't come to an agreement on a contract extension. Garcia can become an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season.

Do teams still have to use a franchise tag on a player once he has started collecting Social Security?