ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   RIP EVIL KINEVAL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175667)

Dremel 11-30-2007 03:27 PM

RIP EVIL KINEVAL

JUST REPORTED ON CBS RADIO

rageeumr 11-30-2007 03:28 PM

In before the first John Goodman joke.

Phobia 11-30-2007 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr
In before the first John Goodman joke.

Crap.

Phobia 11-30-2007 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by findthedr
how did he die?

He was jumping over the white light and missed the landing.

ClevelandBronco 11-30-2007 03:32 PM

Quote:

how did he die?

Fatal attempt to jump John Goodman.

Bowser 11-30-2007 03:33 PM

He should have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-30-2007 03:36 PM

AIDS.

Fish 11-30-2007 03:38 PM

TinyEvel is gonna be a sad man......

RIP....

catfish307 11-30-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

how did he die?

I think he stopped breathing :shake:

barry_smilez20 11-30-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer
AIDS.

ROFL

aids is funny

Phobia 11-30-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish
TinyEvel is gonna be a sad man......

RIP....

Is that what his name is all about? I had always wondered what a Yevel was.

seclark 11-30-2007 03:39 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071130/...RaNxOZPOes0NUE

CLEARWATER, Fla. - Evel Knievel, the hard-living motorcycle daredevil whose jumps over Greyhound buses, live sharks and Idaho's Snake River Canyon made him an international icon in the 1970s, died Friday. He was 69.
ADVERTISEMENT

Knievel's death was confirmed by his granddaughter, Krysten Knievel. He had been in failing health for years, suffering from diabetes and pulmonary fibrosis, an incurable condition that scarred his lungs.

Knievel had undergone a liver transplant in 1999 after nearly dying of hepatitis C, likely contracted through a blood transfusion after one of his bone-shattering spills.

Immortalized in the Washington's Smithsonian Institution as "America's Legendary Daredevil," Knievel was best known for a failed 1974 attempt to jump Snake River Canyon on a rocket-powered cycle and a spectacular crash at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. He suffered nearly 40 broken bones before he retired in 1980.

Although he dropped off the pop culture radar in the '80s, Knievel always had fans and enjoyed a resurgence in popularity in recent years. In later years he still made a good living selling his autographs and endorsing products. Thousands came to Butte, Mont., every year as his legend was celebrated during the "Evel Knievel Days" festival.

"They started out watching me bust my ass, and I became part of their lives," Knievel said. "People wanted to associate with a winner, not a loser. They wanted to associate with someone who kept trying to be a winner."

His death came just two days after it was announced that he and rapper Kanye West had settled a federal lawsuit over the use of Knievel's trademarked image in a popular West music video.

Nzoner 11-30-2007 03:41 PM

RIP

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kYGGCVE2lKY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kYGGCVE2lKY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

alpha_omega 11-30-2007 03:42 PM

RIP...lots of childhood memories of that dude.

stevieray 11-30-2007 03:42 PM

Evil Kineval?

ROFL

DMAC 11-30-2007 03:45 PM

Let's hope he is jumping over clouds and not over a lake of fire.

siberian khatru 11-30-2007 03:45 PM

That's what happens when you shake hands with Kanye.

stumppy 11-30-2007 03:48 PM

RIP Evil.

The inspiration for a lot of scrapes, cuts, and bruises I got as a child.

RJ 11-30-2007 03:48 PM

RIP. He was one tough SOB.

Demonpenz 11-30-2007 03:52 PM

i shit you not. there was an article in sports illustrated about 8 or 9 years ago how he was on his last legs and the docs gave him only a couple more months. he fought it for over 9 years. what a tough sob. I am just glad we still have super dave

Dremel 11-30-2007 03:52 PM

Hope they do not Cremate him it will be molten ash!

Bugeater 11-30-2007 03:55 PM

Damn, he was just featured on Cheap Seats last night. Tough, gritty SOB he was.

Stewie 11-30-2007 03:57 PM

My wooden ramp and Schwinn Stingray are crying right about now.

Sfeihc 11-30-2007 04:01 PM

Thoughts and prayers to Tiny and the rest of the Kineval family.

TinyEvel 11-30-2007 04:02 PM

Well, it IS a sad day for me. Not like I was personally attached to the guy, I've just been a fan and collector for a long time.
He was a ballsy mo-fo right up until the day he died.

R.I.P Evel 11-30-07

Mr. Flopnuts 11-30-2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel
Well, it IS a sad day for me. Not like I was personally attached to the guy, I've just been a fan and collector for a long time.

R.I.P Evel 11-30-07

Enough of a fan to take his name in your handle. Sorry for your loss dude.

stevieray 11-30-2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel

R.I.P Evel 11-30-07

too bad we aren't playing the chargers at thier house, you coulda worn it in tribute...

Mr. Flopnuts 11-30-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
man, I'd wear your suit to Arrowhead this weekend if it were here.

Wow.

stevieray 11-30-2007 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts
Wow.

why?

siberian khatru 11-30-2007 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie
My wooden ramp and Schwinn Stingray are crying right about now.

ROFL

With a banana seat? :)

Stewie 11-30-2007 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
ROFL

You betcha! AND a sissy bar!

Donger 11-30-2007 04:08 PM

Ode to the Skinner Of Knuckles

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eEUVm-Ja6lY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eEUVm-Ja6lY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

stevieray 11-30-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Schwinn's with the springer front end are pulling 10k...

Mr. Flopnuts 11-30-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

why?

You've worn your Elvis suit every week for years. That's just a stand up move in my book. I'm not surprised, while I don't know you personally, I know enough to know what a solid human being you are.

Adept Havelock 11-30-2007 04:09 PM

RIP Evel. Thanks for the thrills and spills.

Bugeater 11-30-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
Ode to the Skinner Of Knuckles

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eEUVm-Ja6lY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eEUVm-Ja6lY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

"Skinner of knuckles" is dead on. Whoever designed it must've hated children.

stevieray 11-30-2007 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts
You've worn your Elvis suit every week for years. That's just a stand up move in my book.

Thanks, but more of a tribute....like others have posted, Evel was the man for many of us young crazy tykes...I know he's the reason I started riding dirt bikes....he is one of the few guys cool enough to pull off the jumpsuit...he even had the 'burns, IIRC.

Stewie 11-30-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Schwinn's with the springer front end are pulling 10k...

As I walked into Wallyworld on Sunday they had retro Schwinn bicycles lined up by the front door for sale. They looked like the bikes back in the day including "slicks" for back tires.

Deberg_1990 11-30-2007 04:21 PM

Damn...he will be missed.

People just dont jump the Grand Canyon in rocket cars like they used to....

RIP

stevieray 11-30-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

As I walked into Wallyworld on Sunday they had retro Schwinn bicycles lined up by the front door for sale. They looked like the bikes back in the day including "slicks" for back tires.

...even the red pinstripe?

siberian khatru 11-30-2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Awesome.

You should watch an obscure movie (finally out on DVD) called "Kenny and Company." One of the best movies I've ever seen about being a kid in the 1970s.

PastorMikH 11-30-2007 04:24 PM

Just heard the news on ESPN a bit ago. As a kid I didn't know much about the football and baseball studs, the two guys I did know were Muhamed Ali and Evel Kinevel.

I still have scars from trying to do on my bike what I saw Evel do on TV. 'Course my ramps were never the size his were - and I never had a landing ramp.

As a kid I had the Evel Kinevel action figure, motorcycle with that little plastic teeth thingy you stuck in by the back wheel and yanked to send the bike on it's way. Also had the snake river rocket car. Shoot, my first "Store-Bought" bike looked like a motorcycle (not like Evel's though).

It's amazing the guy lived this long. Robby is good, but he isn't his dad - he seems to have a little more respect for the stunts than Evel did.

Stewie 11-30-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

I didn't notice. I just glanced at the one like my old Stingray.

PastorMikH 11-30-2007 04:26 PM

Quote:

Dude, you are really, really old aren't you.:)

Yeah it was 1970-something.:thumb:

stevieray 11-30-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH
Dude, you are really, really old aren't you.:)

age is a just a number that doesn't come on a carton of candles.. :harumph:

Eleazar 11-30-2007 04:41 PM

He was retired before I was born, but I saw a video of him trying to jump over that canyon (I think it was) a long time ago. I remember thinking, this guy has got to be one of the bravest men on earth, because I was scared just looking at it.

Reaper16 11-30-2007 04:46 PM

RIP

Joke: Don't come into contact with Kanye West. Everyone he touches is dying, it seems.

PastorMikH 11-30-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
He was retired before I was born, but I saw a video of him trying to jump over that canyon (I think it was) a long time ago. I remember thinking, this guy has got to be one of the bravest men on earth, because I was scared just looking at it.

I don't know if I'd call it brave.:)

I was 8-10 when he tried to jump the Snake Canyon. He was big enough in the 70s that ABC's Wild World of Sports used to show him quite a bit. (I remember that was the one channel we had to adjust the foil on the rabbit ears to get it to come in clearer). Whenever he'd get ready to do a new jump they would show replays of previous jumps.

The History Channel ran a biography of his life a few months back that was really interesting. I would imagine that with him dying they'll be showing it again before long if anyone is interested in trying to catch it.

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2007 04:50 PM

Who is Evil Kinevel? LMAO

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2007 04:52 PM

Seriously, I really liked the guy. I also got to watch him jump as a kid. Had a poster of the Caesar's Palace jump in my room as a kid.

Stewie 11-30-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Awesome.

You should watch an obscure movie (finally out on DVD) called "Kenny and Company." One of the best movies I've ever seen about being a kid in the 1970s.

Noted. Thanks. How does it rate compared to October Sky? That movie kicked butt and took me back.

Bowser 11-30-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16
RIP

Joke: Don't come into contact with Kanye West. Everyone he touches is dying, it seems.

Since Prince was on Apollonia.

Valiant 11-30-2007 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16
RIP

LOL..

stevieray 11-30-2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
Who is Evil Kinevel? LMAO

I'm now convinced you don't read my posts..

trndobrd 11-30-2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

I don't know if I'd call it brave.:)

I was 8-10 when he tried to jump the Snake Canyon. He was big enough in the 70s that ABC's Wild World of Sports used to show him quite a bit. (I remember that was the one channel we had to adjust the foil on the rabbit ears to get it to come in clearer). Whenever he'd get ready to do a new jump they would show replays of previous jumps.

The History Channel ran a biography of his life a few months back that was really interesting. I would imagine that with him dying they'll be showing it again before long if anyone is interested in trying to catch it.

I liked the part where he just showed up and beat the author of an unauthorized biography with a baseball bat. Then when he was on work release, hired limos to pick up all his fellow inmates at the work release facility and take them to work.

Deberg_1990 11-30-2007 04:55 PM

He was definately a 70's pop culture ICON. Right up there with Muhammed Ali, KISS, Six Million Dollar Man and Burt Reynolds.

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

I'm now convinced you don't read my posts..

Dude I read your posts when I see them. I was just speed posting.

Skip Towne 11-30-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Just heard the news on ESPN a bit ago. As a kid I didn't know much about the football and baseball studs, the two guys I did know were Muhamed Ali and Evel Kinevel.

I still have scars from trying to do on my bike what I saw Evel do on TV. 'Course my ramps were never the size his were - and I never had a landing ramp.

As a kid I had the Evel Kinevel action figure, motorcycle with that little plastic teeth thingy you stuck in by the back wheel and yanked to send the bike on it's way. Also had the snake river rocket car. Shoot, my first "Store-Bought" bike looked like a motorcycle (not like Evel's though).

It's amazing the guy lived this long. Robby is good, but he isn't his dad - he seems to have a little more respect for the stunts than Evel did.

I just saw the Rumble in the Jungle last night on Classic. Ali is the quickest guy I've ever seen. He'd hit Foreman three times before he could attempt to block the punches.

stevieray 11-30-2007 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
I was just speed posting.

...off a ramp catching air I hope...

Stewie 11-30-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I just saw the Rumble in the Jungle last night on Classic. Ali is the quickest guy I've ever seen. He'd hit Foreman three times before he could attempt to block the punches.

That's why he's "The Greatest"... and not only in name.

Skip Towne 11-30-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

That's why he's "The Greatest"... and not only in name.

Yep, it even got comical at times. He would lay on the ropes and cover up while the announcers would pronounce him gassed. About that time he decided he wanted off the ropes and would come out firing with Foreman stumbling backward.

WEIRDWOLF 11-30-2007 05:19 PM

I am so sad to hear this. He was one of my heros. I can't even remember the number of times I jumped my bicycle over a board/ramp propped on bricks imagining I was Evel.

I only saw him once as his head showed just over the fence that I was stairing over when he jumped a bunch of semis at the State Fair. I went to his trailer and waited for hours for him to come out but I never saw him. I was so bummed....

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

...off a ramp catching air I hope...

LMAO

PastorMikH 11-30-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd
I liked the part where he just showed up and beat the author of an unauthorized biography with a baseball bat. Then when he was on work release, hired limos to pick up all his fellow inmates at the work release facility and take them to work.

What a messed up society. Guy steals your life story, writes it and publishes it without your permission, the law won't do anything to him but when you take it upon yourself to teach the guy some justice YOU get thrown in the slammer.

The limmo thing was really classy!

Braincase 11-30-2007 06:08 PM

It was Kanye West.

FAX 11-30-2007 06:13 PM

The all time greatest. The Snake River jump was totally awesome. Evel was the only man on Earth who would have attempted it. The Ceasar's Palace jump was spectacular, too. Even though he crashed.

"Anybody can jump a motorcycle, the trouble starts when you try to land it."

RIP Evel.

FAX

Rain Man 11-30-2007 06:25 PM

Without going through the whole thread to see if it's been said already, I'm really hoping that his final wish is to be cremated aboard a flaming motorcycle that is launched off the edge of the Grand Canyon.

Fish 11-30-2007 06:57 PM

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6...brvsadjed5.jpg

Ultra Peanut 11-30-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
He was jumping over the white light and missed the landing.

Hoooooooooly shit.

Bravo.

a1na2 11-30-2007 07:01 PM

Knievel’s death was confirmed by his granddaughter, Krysten Knievel. He had been in failing health for years, suffering from diabetes and pulmonary fibrosis, an incurable condition that scarred his lungs.

siberian khatru 11-30-2007 07:05 PM

Wonder whatever happened to Awful Knawful (sp)?

FAX 11-30-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Wonder whatever happened to Awful Knawful (sp)?

Another tragic ending, Mr. siberian khatru. He was beaten to death with a half-empty Jim Beam bottle during a domestic dispute by his great-uncle Ugly Knugly.

FAX

Easy 6 11-30-2007 07:28 PM

What a shame, he was one of my biggest childhood heroes...i had the "zip cord bike", his electric toothbrush, action figure...all kinds of stuff.

I actually got to see him perform once in Peoria Ill. when i was no older than 5 or 6.

RIP Evel.

Bob Dole 11-30-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Have you watched "When We Were Kings"?

FAX 11-30-2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole

Fabuous documentary. I loved the parts where the people from Zaire were flocking around Ali and totally ignoring Foreman.

Unquestionably, Ali was the greatest of all times.

FAX

Skip Towne 11-30-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole

No, I haven't. What's it about?

Skip Towne 11-30-2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Fabuous documentary. I loved the parts where the people from Zaire were flocking around Ali and totally ignoring Foreman.

Unquestionably, Ali was the greatest of all times.

FAX

I'd seen the fight years ago but I saw a lot more this time. While on the ropes he landed a hard left jab that rocked Foreman's head back. When his head came forward Ali did it again. A total of three times. Like he was hitting a speed bag. Unbelievably quick.

boogblaster 11-30-2007 07:52 PM

RIP EVIL.. Daredevil and showman ... Could fly-a-bike .....

FAX 11-30-2007 07:58 PM

Quote:

I'd seen the fight years ago but I saw a lot more this time. While on the ropes he landed a hard left jab that rocked Foreman's head back. When his head came forward Ali did it again. A total of three times. Like he was hitting a speed bag. Unbelievably quick.

When you go back and look at some of Ali's early fights, his speed is unbelievable for his size, Mr. Skip Towne. ESPN(some number) has been showing quite a few of his fights on their Classic Boxing program.

In those fights, his opponents virtually appear as though they are fighting in slow motion. Literally. There will never be another Ali. You have to wonder what we missed due to those government bastards taking away his freedom to fight duing his prime ass kicking years.

FAX

HonestChieffan 11-30-2007 08:09 PM

I had him picked as our kicker for the Jax game. So much for that.