ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Haley to Bowe --> "Don't let me break you!" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=216427)

NIUhuskies 10-17-2009 12:26 PM

Haley to Bowe --> "Don't let me break you!"

I was watching Sunday's highlights on Inside the NFL, and just after Bowe bobbled a ball that was thrown low against pretty good coverage, Haley really got after Bowe for how he ran the route. Yelled at him a bit, probably embarassed em a little. It looked like Bowe maybe wanted to hang his head. He just walked off. Then he makes that spectacular catch in the endzone in traffic, and when Bowe gets back to the sidelines Haley gives him a rough pat on the chest and says, "Hey, good play, good play.. " Then goes on to say, staring right in Bowe's eyes, "Don't let me break you!" And again, "Don't let me break you!", while pointing at him.

Also, I found this on the scout.com forum. great article about Haley and Larry Fitz's relationship

Found this on Arrowheadpride.com

Taking a little page out of ArrowSpread's book:

I was watching the NFL Network yesterday and they did a half hour show on Larry Fitzgerald and his rise to stardom. Basically they showed how he went from Minnesota Viking ball boy to Heisman Trophy Finalist to NFL star. Also talked about how he dealt with the loss of his mother, how it affected his grades and his determination to make it to the NFL. Truly an awesome story. But the main reason I want to share this with Arrowhead Pride was because of what Larry started to say when he was talking about his breakout season last year...

"The best thing that ever could've happened to me was Todd Haley coming to Arizona. He pushed me like no one ever could and I took it personal. Forced me to be the player I always dreamed to be. Even though I still have a long way to go, he gave me a reason to get better every day and I am truly blessed for that."

Not even gonna comment on that because it is self-explanatory. But I also want to say, when Larry scored the go ahead TD with a minute left in the Super Bowl, he raced over to the sideline in excitement, got all of it out, and without talking to any coaches immediately sat on the bench, put his head down and closed his eyes. They showed a clip of Ken Whisenhunt trying to go over there and praise him for the TD but out of nowhere came Todd Haley stopping Whisenhunt before he could get to Larry.

"No no no, Ken, leave him alone right now, he's talking to his mother. Just leave him alone."

Larry goes on to say in the interview he was talking to his mother at that moment, and Todd Haley knew that. Just shows how much of a great relationship they had, and most importantly, how much class Larry FIizgerald harbors as a player, person and student of the game.

I don't care that we're 0-5, because if you thought we were going to make hte playoffs, you need to be smacked silly. The thing that makes me happy most is that we have a head coach that cares about winning and doing everything he can to make this team into the best it can be. Todd Haley is the right guy for this job and I hope he doesn't go anywhere for a long time. I do believe we will be 1-5 at 4 o'clock on Sunday afternoon.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f...to=MS_63306310

MikeMaslowski 10-17-2009 12:33 PM

optimism can be so refreshing.

milkman 10-17-2009 12:37 PM

This does show that Haley isn't just some asshole who never gives his players any respect.

They have to earn his respect, and when they do, he has their back.

wazu 10-17-2009 12:38 PM

Wasn't even sure if Inside the NFL still existed. Nice of them to show clips from the Chiefs game...for once.

ChiefsCountry 10-17-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 6178905)
Wasn't even sure if Inside the NFL still existed. Nice of them to show clips from the Chiefs game...for once.

Who did we play last week? That should answer why we were on tv.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-17-2009 12:42 PM

This is a prime example of why I love this hire. Oh, I hated it. It's no secret, but I'm a big Todd Haley fan right now. I think he's the next Bill Parcells, and I'll happily take the rookie coaching mistakes. This guy is going to be a damn fine head coach.

wazu 10-17-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 6178911)
Who did we play last week? That should answer why we were on tv.

Doesn't matter. They used to show coverage of every game. Then they started omitting a few games a week so we could see lame "where are they now" and Wanda Sykes bits.

Just looked it up on Wiki. It's on Showtime now? Interesting. Is it improved, or still shitty? I used to really love that show back in the day.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-17-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6178914)
This is a prime example of why I love this hire. Oh, I hated it. It's no secret, but I'm a big Todd Haley fan right now. I think he's the next Bill Parcells, and I'll happily take the rookie coaching mistakes. This guy is going to be a damn fine head coach.

I have gone from lukewarm, to excited about it..... to being concerned that he will distance the team.

I fully admit I am not in the lockeroom, so I don't know, but some things really concern me.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-17-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 6178922)
I have gone from lukewarm, to excited about it..... to being concerned that he will distance the team.

I fully admit I am not in the lockeroom, so I don't know, but some things really concern me.

Honestly I don't care what he does with this lockerroom. I don't think he'll alienate the players that matter. The rest of them won't be here for much longer anyways. I know after a decade of futility it's hard to watch, but the only thing we can do at this point is be patient. I'm confident we'll all be happy about this in the long run, but that's not to say there aren't plenty of head scratching wtf moments along the way.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-17-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6178924)
Honestly I don't care what he does with this lockerroom. I don't think he'll alienate the players that matter. The rest of them won't be here for much longer anyways. I know after a decade of futility it's hard to watch, but the only thing we can do at this point is be patient. I'm confident we'll all be happy about this in the long run, but that's not to say there aren't plenty of head scratching wtf moments along the way.

Don't get me wrong... I know we have to be patient. I am firmly in the camp of you give a coach three years unless there is a mutiny.

Just admitting I have been concerned at times.

jAZ 10-17-2009 01:00 PM

The right 53 are the the best guys we can get that will respond to being push to their limit by the team and coach like this.

KC Jones 10-17-2009 01:13 PM

I'm still very excited about Haley. The best coaches in any sport are the ones that challenge their players and make them earn their respect.

I don't share the optimism about Sunday's game. The redskins will have to make some big mistakes like Dallas did in order for us to win this. We're not going to move the ball on them, and we'll need a gift or two.

splatbass 10-17-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones (Post 6178953)

I don't share the optimism about Sunday's game. The redskins will have to make some big mistakes like Dallas did in order for us to win this. We're not going to move the ball on them, and we'll need a gift or two.

I don't know. I think this is a winnable game for us. The Redskins aren't very good. Sure they have two wins, but they have played the worst of the worst, the first team ever to make it to game 6 and not play a team that has won a game. We haven't won a game, but we have played much tougher opponents than they have. I don't think they are any better than us. It will probably come down to who makes the least mistakes.

ChiefaRoo 10-17-2009 01:41 PM

Haley makes Dane secretly moist. Mecca told me so.

DallasChief 10-17-2009 01:46 PM

Does anyone know where to find a clip of this segment? Would be interesting to watch.