ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life San Marcos, TX (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=226951)

Sully 04-22-2010 10:07 AM

San Marcos, TX

Barring something unseen, we'll be making a move there. Visited a couple of weeks ago, but not terribly impressed.

Anyone been to/lived in the area?

notorious 04-22-2010 10:09 AM

I have flown there a couple of times.

Not to bad, but not amazing.

Just remember that you are a stone's throw away from some of the best cities in the US.

KC native 04-22-2010 10:11 AM

The primary NBA team for TV is the Spurs so you have that going for ya.

Sully 04-22-2010 10:11 AM

Yeah. Pretty close to both Austin and San Antonio.

And we didn't get the best chance to see the whole city while we were there, but left thinking we didn't like the town.

Sully 04-22-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 6695217)
The primary NBA team for TV is the Spurs so you have that going for ya.

Not a positive.
NBA is far down mylist of sports priorities.

dirk digler 04-22-2010 10:15 AM

Why are you moving if you don't mind me asking? We went through San Marcos a couple of years ago when we went to San Antonio. Can't really say I was impressed about anything.

KC native 04-22-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 6695223)
Not a positive.
NBA is far down mylist of sports priorities.

well....then....at least your close to Austin and San Antonio. :shrug:

Oh, and I've never been but I heard Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels is the shit.

Sully 04-22-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6695229)
Why are you moving if you don't mind me asking? We went through San Marcos a couple of years ago when we went to San Antonio. Can't really say I was impressed about anything.

Wife has a great career opportunity there. We spent the past few days in Scottsdale, and a few days last week in San Marcos, and found that, for her career, San Marcos is a great great great chance.
Hopefully I can find work there, too.

notorious 04-22-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 6695267)
Wife has a great career opportunity there. We spent the past few days in Scottsdale, and a few days last week in San Marcos, and found that, for her career, San Marcos is a great great great chance.
Hopefully I can find work there, too.

Scottsdale, damn that would be very hard to give up for San Marcos IMO.

MMXcalibur 04-22-2010 10:23 AM

I lived in San Antonio for a while (Air Force) and have since been stationed elsewhere, but I can tell you that San Marcos has a ton of outlet stores and is about 30 miles outside of San Antonio. There's a nearby water park called Schlitterbahn (never went). As far as the area, I can't really comment per say, but just off my initial vibe: there's not a whole lot in the area outside of the outlet stores and a 30 mile trip to S.A......

Reaper16 04-22-2010 10:24 AM

I have a friend who lives there, teaching at Texas State. I've never been though.

Sully 04-22-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6695280)
I have a friend who lives there, teaching at Texas State. I've never been though.

Yeah. Great campus. I already emailed the HC to see if they needed a grD assistant, but they are full this season.

We didn't really like Scottsdale that much, and CoL was ridiculous there, it seemed.

Sully 04-22-2010 10:29 AM

Hardest thing is going to be trying to outdo the "Texas is the best at everything" bravado down there. It was annoying.

angelo 04-22-2010 10:33 AM

You are real close to Austin which is good.
Check out the trailers and if you like Indian cuisine go to Clay Pit.
Good Hunting and Fishing
Great tortillas at El Milagro.
Great if your a hippie
If you like to shop there is the 3rd best shopping in the nation at the San Marcos outlets.

And I am spent.

Ang

PunkinDrublic 04-22-2010 10:44 AM

Not a bad choice. The economy here in Tx is relatively better than the rest of the country so you have a good shot at getting a job,